UPDATING UTX USA/CA/EU/AK /TROP v2.0+ AND GEX
Topic: UPDATING UTX USA/CA/EU/AK /TROP v2.0+ AND GEX
Posted: November-20-2014 at 8:32pm
THIS INFORMATION IS FOR BOTH GEX AND GEP3D WITH RESPECT TO ADDING A UTX REGION OR UPDATING A UTX REGION WITH A NEW RELEASE VERSION, OR, UPDATING WITH A UTX <REGION> PATCH.
NOTE: These instructions are for the NEW GEX product releases and new interface. If you are still using the OLD GEX blue interface
you need to update your GEX product which is FREE. The old blue interface was replaced nearly 3 years ago and is no longer supported. The new automated and single interface system shown below comes with all GEX products which were updated and upgraded at the end of 2012. This interface does all the multi-region install work automatically as you make selections.
See this thread for update details: http://www.simforums.com/forums/gex-all-region-updates-official-release_topic44495.html
If you do not have a UTX product installed the product line pertaining to that UTX product will not be available in the GEX/GEP3D interface. In example, if you have UTX USA but do not have UT Alaska or UTX Tropical America and Caribbean, those patch features will not be available in the GEX/GEP3D interface. UTX features only become available when the interface detects them in FSX/P3D
UPDATING - PATCHING - UPGRADING UTX - What to do with GEX/GEP3D
If you install another UTX region, or, install a update patch to existing Ultimate Terrain regions you will need to re-run the UTX options associated with the UTX product from the GEX/GEP3D interface. Although the interface can detect NEW UTX installs, the interface can not detect a basic UTX upgrade patch change or a updated version being applied, therefore, after a UTX update simply 'Disable' and then 'Enable" the UTX options for the UTX product you have patched or updated which will restore the GEX/GEP3D UTX files a UTX update may overwrite.
YOU DO NOT NEED TO DISABLE/ENABLE THE ENTIRE GEX REGION OR THE PRIMARY GEP3D WORLD PRODUCT; ONLY THE PATCHES OR UPGRADES FOR UTX LISTED UNDER THE REGIONS
In order to update your UTX install with matching GE files after installing UTX USA/Europe v2.0+ (or any other UTX region) simply do the following:
Lets assume you just updated UTX USA from v1x to v2x and had v1x enabled in GEX but now need to update v2
1. Open the GEX interface. Look under the Ground Environment X North America line. You will see 2 UTX options.
2. Place a bullet in the selection GEX for Ultimate Terrain USA or Canada and click the DISABLE BUTTON. Once the operation completes place a bullet in the selection again and click the ENABLE button.
Repeat this step if you have updated UT Alaska. DISABLE and ENABLE the GEX for UT Alaska feature
IF you have upgraded UTX Europe to v2.0+ then simply DISABLE/ENABLE the GEX/UTX Europe feature
IF the only GEX region product you have are GEX NA and GEX EU, you are finished. You can close the GEX interface.
IF you have GEX AFME, GEX APT, or, GEX ASA then you must continue below.
3. In order to recover the NA v1.099-2.0+ UTX sync patch files you must DISABLE and ENABLE all the sync patches listed below each of the GEX region products listed above that you have installed. Simply place a bullet in the sync patch then DISABLE and when the process completes ENABLE the patch. Repeat for each line available down the list in your interface.
Once finished, close the interface. The update is complete.
For GEP3D the process is a bit more simplistic since there are no sync patches. Currently only USA and Europe are the only UTX regions available for Prepar3D however the other UTX products are in the process of being updated and released for Prepar3D.
The GEP3D interface is ready for those products as they are released as demonstrated above.
In order to update your UTX install with matching GEP3D files after installing UTX USA/Europe v2.0+ (or any other UTX region) simply do the following:
1. After installing a update or upgrading to a new version of a UTX product simply open the GEP3D interface and elect to Disable the re-Enable the UTX feature line the UTX product is named for.
In example.. If you have UTX USA already enabled and when it is released you obtain UTX Canada, simply open the interface and cycle the USA/Canada option off/on - DONE!
2. If you add a new UTX region as they become available always remember to open the GEP3D interface and let it backup that region, then enable the new region in the interface.
Simple as that! DONE!
|Forum Jump||Forum Permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum