SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > EZdok Software
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Unexpected EZdoc Software Functions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BadenBr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unexpected EZdoc Software Functions
    Posted: November-06-2012 at 6:54am
I have installed V1.17 and am very keen to get the software working as I have seen it demonstrated in many videos. I have followed the manual and Eric's tutorials to delete key assignments and have then tried to set up the views as shown. Unfortunately I have been frustrated achieving the same results due to basic software functions not working as expected. The main issues causing me problems are:

• If I select a view to edit eg Co Pilot when I press NUM2 to edit a view I hear the ding sound effect but the view returns to to Pilot Eyes. I can reselect the Co Pilot view and change view angles and other settings however when I press Num2 again to exit the edit mode the changes made to the view are not saved.
  • When using the cursor keys to move the camera point of view all work as expected except the down arrow which when pressed kicks me out to an exterior tail view even though all key assignments are correct in the EZdoc settings. 
  • When I open the EZdoc studio the game session remains running however when I select one of the views eg. Pilot Eyes the game pauses. This is different to the tutorials where the game continues to run while different views are selected. I am not sure how important this is but it may help someone diagnose the problem.

I have uninstalled and then reinstalled the software but get the same results. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone may be able to provide me some clues as to what is happening with the software and what steps I might take to resolve the problem.

Many thanks

Marniftarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marniftarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2012 at 8:41am

Hi BadenBr

If I select a view to edit eg Co Pilot when I press NUM2 to edit a view I hear the ding sound effect but the view returns to to Pilot Eyes.

==

This problem arises when NUM2 is not deleted in FSX key assignments page. Open FSX->Options->Settings->Control . Reassign NUM2 key and then delete it again. Sometimes the FSX can not delete key assignments and you should reassign key before delete it.

When using the cursor keys to move the camera point of view all work as expected except the down arrow which when pressed kicks me out to an exterior tail view even though all key assignments are correct in the EZdoc settings. 

===

Can you make short video for showing me this bug ?

EZdok software
www.ezdok-software.com
BadenBr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BadenBr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2012 at 1:44pm
Thanks Marniftr
I went back through all the key assignment deletions as per Eric's list and the "External Tail View" issue is no longer a problem with the down cursor key functioning correctly.

In regards to the edit button mode I followed your suggestion and reassigned the key and then deleted the new assignment however the problem persists. Interestingly when I was retesting I discovered that while the views do not save if I change the the View Control button settings eg ML of Z these are saved when I escape the edit mode.

I would like to make a video of that as you could then see exactly what I'm doing and see if you can spot anything obvious. I have not made a screen video before could you suggest what software might be worth getting and how do I post the file to this forum??
Jean-Jacques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jean-Jacques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2012 at 3:45pm
Marniftarr may have other suggestions but in the meantime, here's what I use:

FRAPS for recording video clips which can then be 'glued' together using Windows Live Movie Maker. FRAPS can be used free of charge if you're willing to accept an icon constantly visible in your video clips while Windows Live Movie Maker is already part of Windows 7. You can then upload your finished video on YouTube and post the link to your movie.

If you're not running Windows 7, Windows XP also had a movie maker built into it or at least downloadable.

Here's an example of the result:

For screen capture, you might want to have a look at the free version of BB FlashBack at

Hope this helps,

JJ
Jean-Jacques
CYND Gatineau-Ottawa Executive Airport
Gatineau, Quebec, Canada

Server Computer (Home build) W7 64 Professional / i7-2700K (OC'd 4.7 GHz)
Client Computer (Dell) W7 64 Ultimate / i7 965
BadenBr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BadenBr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2012 at 1:25pm
Thanks JJ

I have downloaded the trial Pro BB Flashback software and will have a go at creating a video on it. Thanks for the tip it was much appreciated...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jean-Jacques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2012 at 3:28pm
OK but the trial version will expire after 30 days. The free version is for your use on a permanent basis. The free version is called the Express version and downloadable on demand and then the author will send you a permanent key.

JJ
Jean-Jacques
Gatineau, Quebec, Canada

BadenBr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BadenBr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2012 at 2:07pm
Hi Marniftarr I followed your suggestion and have made a short video that demonstrates the view editing problems I am experiencing... hopefully you might spot something that I'm doing wrong when you review it..

Many thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_zmG56NBjE

Marniftarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marniftarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2012 at 2:23am

Hi BadenBr.

I saw your video. Follow next steps:

1. Disable ML (Mouse look) on all EZ cameras. You should click to camera and press on ML button.

2. Select the camera which you want edit.

3. Press and hold middle mouse button and move the camera to desirable position.

4. release middle mouse button

5. Press once on Num2. You will hear "ding" sound. Press again Num2. The position should be saved.

Also. You should change ZOOM position with mouse wheel only.. For edit "zoom" , press once Num2 , then rotate mouse wheel and press num2 again for save value.

EZdok software
www.ezdok-software.com
BadenBr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BadenBr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2012 at 6:51am
Thanks Marniftarr

I have been able to get the EZdoc software working reasonably well and have set up views on a number of aircraft which is fantastic. The one thing that never worked however was the ability to assign joystick commands from within the EZdoc control panel. I select the field next to Joystick to insert the cursor but when I click the button to assign to that view it does not register for all buttons except strangely Shift + Launch which does register.

I'm using a Saitek Pro 52 stick and I have got around the problem by simply using the Saitek software to assign joystick commands to the keyboard commands I have set up in EZdoc and as noted this is working well.

Thanks very much for your support and interest in helping me to get this problem basically solved...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jean-Jacques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2012 at 8:43am
Hi BadenBr,

For what it's worth, and I know other users have in the past disagreed with me, but I haven't had much success having both EZdok and Saitek's software running concurrently. I use a Saitek X52 for helicopters and aircraft equipped with sticks and have had no issue assigning X52 joystick buttons inside EZdok after I deleted Saitek's software. I'm not sure a 'delete' is necessary but if it's not going to be used, then why have it installed.

If you're interested, check out my joystick configurations in a post dated 30 Dec 2011 in the following thread:

Regards,

JJ
Jean-Jacques
Gatineau, Quebec, Canada

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic