SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion Forums > Hardware, Software, and Computer Technology
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

TripleHead2GO & FSX help requested [solved]

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STOLPigeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TripleHead2GO & FSX help requested [solved]
    Posted: June-28-2010 at 9:11pm
Well I have been "lurking" on the forums for quite a while, finally got my FS setup put together (retirement project Smile) I followed the steps I posted on the widescreengamingforum & on this forum, but had some difficulties. My setup is a new build:

i7 975 @ 4.0
Win 7 64 bit
Ram 6GB
GTX285  driver 196.21
TripleHead2Go digital, firmware 2.3.40, video table 6.56, Power desk 2.07
Monitors ASUS 225 (3) @ 1680 x 1050
ASUS 224 (1) @ 1680 x 1050 (for the MIP)

I managed to get windows to show 5040 x 1050 on the 3 monitors, but could not get TH2G to recognize that resolution. Nor could I get FSX to see the 5040 x 1050 resolution. Following the excellent guide posted on widescreengamingforum I updated firmware & installed latest PowerDesk from Matrox site.

Problem 1: In Power desk I never got a wizard to run. In the setup screen I cannot get 5040 x 1050 to show up.
Problem 2: In Nvidia control panel I cannot find a way to edit a custom config. I did create a custom setting with the exact entries posted, but is there a way to edit the refresh rate without deleting and recreating the custom setting?
Problem 3: If windows is seeing 5040 x 1050, then why can't FSX see it?

I would appreciate any guidance where I am missing something. Thanks

Gene
ASUS P6T V2, 1000watt PS, i7 975 @ 4.0, NH-D14, 6GB DDR3 1600, WD 1TB, WD Vrap 600GB, GTX570, W7 64 bit, FSX UTX GEX
STOLPigeon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STOLPigeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2010 at 9:17pm
OOPS Ermm my bad. I meant to say that I READ another post on widescreengamingforum, I did NOT post anything there. sorry.
ASUS P6T V2, 1000watt PS, i7 975 @ 4.0, NH-D14, 6GB DDR3 1600, WD 1TB, WD Vrap 600GB, GTX570, W7 64 bit, FSX UTX GEX
Alan_A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2010 at 1:06am
Hey, STOLPigeon... I went through the Widescreengamingforum instructions for the TripleHead a couple of months ago and got it to work, but not without stumbling into a few blind alleys.  Here are some answers and pointers:

Problem 1: The wizard is a bit buried.  From the main PowerDesk menu, select the first item - Multi-Display Setup.  Then, on the righthand side, Start GXM Setup Wizard is the third option under GXM.

Now, here's an additional pointer re: something that wasn't totally clear to me from the widescreengamingforum instructions: you only want to run the setup wizard for the 1680x1050x1 resolution.  That's before you try to set up the custom resolution in the NVidia control panel.  Once you've got that resolution set (at which point you should see 1680x1050 on only one of your monitors, probably the left one), you need to ignore PowerDesk during the rest of the process.  Several times, it'll tell you it's recognized a new resolution and ask you to launch PowerDesk to change it.  Ignore these requests.  After the single-screen resolution is set, you do everything through the NVidia Control Panel.

Problem 2: From your question, it sounds like you've already found your way to the NVidia Control Panel and selected Change Resolution from Display Settings (menu on the left).  Click on Customize, then, in the dialogue box(Create Custom Resolution), click on Timing.  For Standard (first item below Timing), select Manual.  All parameters are now selectable and you can edit each one individually.  Use the exact settings recommended in the widescreeengamingforum post, with the possible exception of refresh rate.  This, as noted there, takes some trial and error.  The one that worked for me was 59.25.  Whichever you select, click Test.  If the test passes, then immediately click Apply, and your resolution is set.

Something I missed the first time I did the setup - pay strict attention to all parameters, including the polarity settings.  I ignored those the first time and screwed things up - no permanent damage, it just didn't work.

Once you've got the resolution set, right click on the desktop and select Screen Resolution.  Your custom resolution should now appear at the top of the slider.  Use the slider to select it.

That's it.  Once you've done that, 5040x1050x32 should appear as a resolution in the FSX display menu.  Select it and you're done.

Hope that helps, but if I've missed anything, let me know and I'll try to track it down.

Final item for this round - I see you're on the 196.21.  If you ever decide to upgrade to the 257 series drivers, avoid the 257.15 beta - it has a problem with antialiasing using the custom resolution.  The newer 257.21 WHQL drivers are fine.  Both of these drivers are designed for the 400 series cards, and 285 users are having mixed results with them. so as long as you're on the 285, you should be fine with the 196.21. 

For reference, my system specs are below.

Good luck, and again, let me know if I've missed a step.

Best,
Alan

Sim System: Core i7 965 @ 3.875GHz | Asus P6T Deluxe | 6GB OCZ DDR3 1600 @ 8-8-8-24 | Silverstone tj09 case w/6 Scythe SFLEX-F fans | Thermalright 120 Extreme | PC Power & Cooling 750W power supply | EVGA GTX 480 SC, Forceware 257.21, NickN NHancer-equivalent profiles | Matrox TripleHead2Go Digital Edition @ 5040 x 1050 | 3 Dell 20" Widescreen monitors | 3Ware 9650SE 4-lane RAID card | Windows 7 on 250 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200 | FSX on dedicated 300GB WD Velociraptor | TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 backup drive on motherboard SATA | Logitech G940 | FS Force | ASE | FTX | UTX | GEX | REX | MyTraffic 5.3 | FSUIPC 4 | A2A a/c | OS and FSX tuned per Nick N specification

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STOLPigeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2010 at 7:58pm
Alan, thanks for the quick response. I will work on this tonight & tomorrow & let you know how it goes.
Gene

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STOLPigeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2010 at 9:17pm
Alan, All seems to be ok except that FSX does not see the 5040x1050 resolution. I went back through the steps, I right click on the desktop, and the resolution across the 3 screens shows 5040 x 1050. The 5040 resolution also shows up in the NVIDIA list of modes for the triple screen, but FSX does not show this resolution as available in the customize graphics settings for either GTX 285.0 or GTX 285.1. So I cannot select it in FSX. I have rebooted between all steps. Any ideas?

Gene
Alan_A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2010 at 12:39pm
Hmmm.  Not sure why that would be.  I'll try going back through the steps I took and see if I missed something.  In the meantime, as a possible workaround, you could try entering the resolution by hand in the fsx.cfg and see if it takes.  My entry looks like this:

[DISPLAY.device.NVIDIA.GeForce GTX 480.0]
Mode=5040x1050x32
Trilinear=1

The second line is the important one.  You'd look for a display device section referencing your own GTX 285, of course.

Also, in the Display section (separate section from the above, headed [Display], make sure this line appears:

WideViewAspect=True

See if that does the job.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STOLPigeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2010 at 2:33pm
I had already thought of that. My fsx.cfg has two entries, one for GTX285.0 and one for
GTX285.1. Wide Aspect is 1. I tried setting the mode manually for each entry  (separately), but no affect. The main FSX view is still only on a single middle screen. I suspect there is a link somewhere that is not working, the 5040 resolution shows up on the desktop screen resolution and also in the NVIDIA mode listing for the 285.1
Alan_A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2010 at 5:29pm
OK, a couple of things.  First, if I'm not mistaken, the WideViewAspect parameter should be "True," not "1."  If I'm wrong about that, I'm sure someone will jump in and correct me.

More to the point, you should only have one display device entry.  It's possible the two GTX 285 entries are in conflict.  It often happens that when you change drivers or make other system changes, the entries pile up.  You could try deleting one.  Even better would be to rename fsx.cfg (to fsx.old or fsx.bak or something like that).  Don't delete the .cfg - just rename it, so you can recover it later on.  Once you've renamed it, restart FSX.  It will build a new, clean fsx.cfg for you.  Assuming FSX launches OK (it should), then exit, reopen fsx.cfg (the new one), and add just the two important parameters - Mode=5040x1050x32 in what should now be your one and only display device section, and WideViewAspect=true i nteh display section.  See if cures the problem.  If it does, you can then copy your other preferred and custom settings from fsx.old to the new fsx.cfg.

Starting with a clean fsx.cfg has helped me several times - just one of many valuable lessons I've learned from NickN. 

Hope this helps.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STOLPigeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2010 at 9:42pm
You are correct - WideViewAspect parameter is True. My email was wrong.

The reason I have 2 ports on the GTX is I have 4 22" monitors. I wish to run the MIP on the single monitor on the secondary port. Just for kicks I disconnected the single monitor on GTX 285.1. I had to reset the screen resolution throght NVIDIA back to 5040, but still FSX would not recognize it. I do not understand why FSX does not see it.
Alan_A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2010 at 2:17pm
Well, you've stumped me.  I'm not sure why FSX won't recognize a resultion when Windows does.  I suspect it might have something to do with the dual-port setup, but since I don't use one, I can't be sure.

I hate to punt but I'd rather not risk misleading you.  Maybe somebody else can jump in and help out.  I'm thinking you might also find a faster answer by posting in the TripleHead2Go section of widescreengaming forum, since people there are more likely to have come across this issue.

I'll keep checking and I'll post here if I'm able to come up with something.

Sorry I haven't been able to help you get this solved so far.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STOLPigeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2010 at 4:58pm
Thanks for trying, I appreciate that. My ASUS 225 monitors did not come with any installation CD, & they are showing up as generic PnP. That might have something to do with it, I do not know. I'll research that aspect further. And I will check out the wide screen gaming forum (where I got the list of things to do). When I find an answer, I will post it here.
Alan_A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2010 at 12:53am
One thought - have you tried disconnecting the fourth monitor, and setting up the TripleHead and the three other monitors as a single display device?  That - especially if you do it via a fresh fsx.cfg - might help isolate whether the problem has to do with the fact that you're using both ports, or if it's about something else.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STOLPigeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2010 at 8:23am
Yes I did try that. No difference. I did post my problem on wide screen gaming forum, so we will see if I get a solution there. Browsing through their posts I did find reference to a potential problem with GXM 2.07. So I may try installing 2.06, but I doubt that will solve this problem.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STOLPigeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2010 at 11:18am
I am still trying to achieve 5040 x 1050 with my digital TH2GO. This is a slow process compounded by the fact that my home AC has been out for more than a week (waiting on replacment parts) & I only run the FS computer for an hour in early morning.

I upgraded to NVIDIA driver 257.21, after uninstalling the previous driver, running driver sweeper & ccleaner. All other specs remain the same. The result is that screen resolution shows 5040 x 1050, and also PowerDesk is showing 5040 x 1050 on the output. But FSX does not show this resolution as an option, and my setting the resolution manually in fsx.cfg results only in fsx defaulting to one of the listed resolutions.

I also tried setting PowerDesk and FSX to compatibility mode, but that did not solve this issue.

Does anyone have a clue why FSX cannot see this resolution?
YouKay61 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YouKay61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2010 at 4:49am
Hi STOLpigeon
I have a similar set up with TH2go, after hours or maybe even days of trial and error I managed to get the resolution of 5040x1050 up and running on my system. I have noticed though when switched to DX10 the above resolution will not show in the FSX resolution drop down, it only shows under DX9. Are using DX10?
Regards
Grahame

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STOLPigeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2010 at 9:11pm
Grahame thanks for the response. Dxdiag shows I have DX 11 installed, maybe I will have to backtrack to DX 9. Current status is I have 5040 x 1050 showing up on screen resolution & GXM software. I can get FSX to work by opening FSX on the single MIP monitor, setting it to IFR panel, then undocking the view and moving it to the 3 screens, run it in window mode, and stretch it. Works, but distorted. Tomorrow the air conditioning will be fixed (finally)! It has been very hot here & I cannot run my computer without AC. So I hope to spend the time now to get this resolved, and I will try your suggested DX 9 solution. Thanks. I will post progress here.

Gene
YouKay61 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YouKay61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2010 at 3:27am
Hi Gene
do you have Preview DirectX 10 activated in FSX ??
If so you will not see 5040x1050 resolution in FSX-Graphics-Resolution window.
Grahame

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STOLPigeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2010 at 10:57pm
Grahame,
I do not have preview DX 10 checked. My next step is to remove DX10 & DX 11 & make sure I have the correct DX9 installed. Been busy with home issues, did not get this done yet Unhappy

Gene
Roddymod View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roddymod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2010 at 3:21am
I don't think removing DX11/10 will help as the DX versions are all backwards compatible,
ie when you install the latest DirectX it always checks for earlier versions and installs any that are missing.

Rod.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STOLPigeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2010 at 9:47pm
Checking the MS website it appears that DX cannot be uninstalled anyway. The only reason I was interested in trying that was that Grahame said with DX 9 his FSX could see the 5040 x 1050 resolution. Grahame, what OS are you running? At this point my screen resolution shows 5040 x 1050, and Power Desk GXM also sees it. I can stretch windowed apps (including FSX) across all 3 screens. But FSX does not recognize it as a legitimate resolution. So why not? Searching this & other forums I have not found an answer to this yet.
Ronski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2010 at 6:43am
Quote;My ASUS 225 monitors did not come with any installation CD, & they are showing up as generic PnP. That might have something to do with itWink

you may have answered your own question here,
I stumbled on this today, maybe a bit late.
some monitors require the drivers before higher resolutions can be achieved.  get them from makers web site.  
GrahamP View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrahamP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2010 at 3:46pm
For games to run at 5040x1050 with TH2GO, the monitor needs to be selected as Matrox Triplehead2Go Edition, the driver for which is installed with the Matrox software. 
ASUS P6X58D Premium, i7 920 D0 @ 4.2GHz, Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme, GTX 480, 6GB Corsair DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20, 80GB & 160GB X-25Ms, Corsair HX850W, W7 x64, TrackIR 5, TH2GO, Dell 2209WA x 3
Ronski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2011 at 12:14am
grahamP, 
 yes you are correct, that was what I was trying to say.   If the monitors are showing up in device manager as generic p/p, then the monitor driver was not correctly installed.  you must then do it manually,   do a manual update driver for the monitor and select 'have disk',
Browse to the following path: C:\Program Files\Matrox Graphics Inc\PowerDesk SE\ and select GXM.inf 
tick 'include subfolders' etc.   then the monitor should read matrox th2go.

Ron.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STOLPigeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2011 at 8:36pm
Wow! After all this time I appreciate your responses to this thread. My ASUS did not come with any CD, but first thing tomorrow I will follow your advice & see if I can install a monitor driver. Up until this time I have been living with it, while not perfect running FSX in windowed mode has been ok. Since this has picked up again I will report back my findings.

I might add that I set my system up per NickN's guides & FSX has been running pretty smoothly. Still I couple things to fix up in the OC arena Wink

Gene

Ronski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2011 at 11:10pm
Hi gene,

The monitor in Device manager must read Matrox triplehead2go Digital edition
 If it says generic p/p  then matrox did not install the correct monitor driver.  this sometimes happens when the monitor has not had the drivers from the disk installed first.

Ok, now you have to install the matrox one manually as descibed above or for a complete guide see here;  http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/support/gxm/windows/th2go/digital/howto2/

The second point is the USB connection,  the matrox unit should be plugged into a powered hub,  or one of the usb ports built into the motherboard at the rear.   Beware of using front ports on the case, many of these ( not all ), simply do not have enough voltage.  I have seen many external hard drives for example, that will not work on front usb ports. They work fine from the rear. Some of these are the best cases money can buy.  There is a work around to fix this, but try the rear ones first.   The matrox unit will not initialise properly with too low voltage.

I personally would be screaming if I bought 3 monitors and a th2go and it did not work properly

Ron.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STOLPigeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2011 at 5:06pm
Hi Ron,
Your information was dead on. I found that my monitors showed Generic pnp driver, so following your guidance & the links to Matrox I installed the Matrox driver. I'm not sure where I missed this on the forums (including widescreen gaming forum) & Matrox stuff. In any case this allowed FSX to SEE the 5040 x 1050 resolution, and it will now open in full screen mode across 3 screens (as opposed to only in windowed mode). (I already had the USB connected to main computer on the  back plane.)

Now I still have a problem(s) with this. FSX goes into some process (cursor shows continuous action that it won't come out of), and the vertical size is only about 2/3 screen, even though horizontal size spans all 3 monitors. Not sure what is going on here.

I'm not sure if the following has anything to do with it, but the fourth single monitor shows up as #1 and the TH2GO shows up as #2, even though the TH2GO is connected to the primary port on the GTX285, and the fourth monitor is connected to the secondary port on the GTX285. I think this problem occurred when I originally set up my new computer, and I could not find a way to reverse it.

In any case this is progress, & I thank you for your answer to my problem. (Operating the cockpit view across the 3 monitors & a 2d panel in the 4th monitor is not all that bad Smile)

Gene

Herky130 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herky130 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2011 at 6:02pm
Hi, if you look at the NVIDIA control panel, Display/Set Up Multiple Displays, you should see TH2GO as the main display, seen with an asterisk at the top right of the graphic.  It shouldn't matter if its numbered #1 or #2.

As for the vertical resolution, may be you monitors refresh rate. Try 3840x1024 (3x1280x1024):

There shouldn't be any cursor visible in the FSX screen?  Sound like something's not compatible?

I would disconnect the 2nd monitor ( ie not the TH2GO) and set the display up again. With the Matrox Drivers in place everything should work.

Compatibility is determined by resolution, not screen size. Although you can use different sized monitors, all displays connected to TripleHead2Go must run at the same resolution and refresh rate. Its best to use three identical monitors (that is, monitors of the same size, display resolution, and refresh rate).
Hope this helps.
Good luck,

Regards
Herky
Ronski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2011 at 8:06pm
Hi Gene,

Glad it worked, don't forget now to change the monitor drivers for the fourth monitor from generic p/p to the asus ones,  only to give you better resolution for the instruments panel.
So what you should see in device manager is;  2 monitors, one th2go, and one Asus(your model).

Herky is correct, it doesn't matter which is #1 or #2,  he is also right about maybe starting over.

First though I would follow his advice about changing resolution and check the refresh rate which I think should be 57hz ( check your monitors documentation) 

Reading the entire post here, you have tried a lot of changes before this and you may have to set up again.     Instead of going back through everything.

As Nic say's,  there is an order to installing software, otherwise some things don't install properly and this is what happened here. 

Ron.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STOLPigeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2011 at 12:01pm
Progress! Smile Thanks, guys. My 4 monitors are all the same size & resolution. No problem there. The issue with FSX hanging on startup was resolved when I deleted fsx.cfg (after saving!) and letting FSX recreate it. Now to go back & re-do some settings & get familiar with the new setup. I'll try to hold further questions until I play around with it further myself.

Gene
Herky130 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herky130 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2011 at 5:32pm
Hi Gene,

Take a look at this link:

If you wish to use a higher resolution setting in your monitors, as opposed to 1280x1024, then you may need the link and the updates therein.

Regards,
Herky.
Herky130 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herky130 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2011 at 3:17pm
I was reviewing alternatives to the TH2GO setup, with the purpose of obtaining a full 1920x1080 over a three monitor set up and came across this:

I realise its rather expensive, however with the output from one of your DVI ports you would get the full 1980x1080 at 60 Hz refresh!  The spare DVI could be used for a 4th monitor of any resolution and sizeWink

Just an idea, since the TH2GO doesn't appear to be compatible at 1980X1050, unless you have three monitors set up at 57 Hz vertical refresh rate! 

If you have plenty of room AND spare $ (£) you could even go for a 6 monitor "wall"Party

Regards,
Herky.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STOLPigeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2011 at 7:45pm
Herky,
Thanks for the Samsung link. Nice, but 1) beyond my budget (I'm retired), and 2) I built the 4 monitors into a generic cockpit, & I'll stick with the setup I have because I like it.

I should have mentioned in my response yesterday that I did achieve a full 5040 x 1050 resolution at 59Hz, and FSX recognizes it in full screen mode. Native resolution on all my monitors is 1680 x 1050 so I am pleased with that.

Now I am still fiddling with display settings to see what is possible & what I like. For the past 10 months I have been running FSX in windowed mode, with the 2D panel on the 4th monitor, and the cockpit view undocked and spread across the 3 TH2GO monitors. Running with VC mode, the panel and view is on the 3 monitors & the 4th monitor is unused. It seems a lot of the current crop of aircraft only come with virtual cockpit, no 2D panel. I'll have to do more research on this issue, & maybe I should put this question on a new thread anyway.

Gene

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STOLPigeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2011 at 3:08pm
Guys thanks again for your help. It is good to know fellow simmers are so willing to help others get the most out of their flight simming on these forums.

Here is where I am at -- after spending a few hours re-flying some of my previous flights, the results are awesome compared to what I was doing before. Whether I am in full screen or windowed mode the side distortion is gone, and the scenery realism has vastly improved. The simulation is very smooth, no stutters, and the fps are good (presently locked at 30). For anyone elses benefit, I like flying with the 2D panel on monitor 4, undock the cockpit view and stretch it across the 3 monitors on the TH2GO. I am still tinkering with what setup will work best for me, trying different options. I am interested in other people's experiences, but that is probably the subject of another thread. Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic