SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Terrain and XpressSim Products > Ultimate Terrain And XpressSim Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Admin: UTX and FSX Acceleration Pack

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Admin: UTX and FSX Acceleration Pack
    Posted: October-23-2007 at 11:42am

Quick Setup For UTX/FSX Acceleration Pack Users

UTX Canada only installed:

• Install the FSX Acceleration Pack
  • Start the UTX Canada setup tool, which will automatically reconfigure the FSX environment as necessary during the validation phase.   After the normal validation checks are performed by the UTX setup tool, you can exit the application.
  • Start FSX.

UTX USA only installed:

• Download and run the very small patch from http://files.100megabyte.com/Ultterrain/Patch/UtxUsaAccel.exe
  • Start the UTX USA setup tool, which will automatically reconfigure the FSX environment as necessary during the validation phase.   After the normal validation checks are performed by the UTX setup tool, you can exit the application.
  • Start FSX.

UTX USA and UTX Canada installed:

• Download and run the very small patch from http://files.100megabyte.com/Ultterrain/Patch/UtxUsaAccel.exe
  • Start the UTX USA setup tool, which will automatically reconfigure the FSX environment as necessary during the validation phase.   After the normal validation checks are performed by the UTX setup tool, you can exit the application.
  • Start FSX.

UTX Europe Installed (Apply in addition to any UTX USA patches):

• Download and run the very small patch from http://files.100megabyte.com/Ultterrain/UtxEurAccel.exe
  • Start the UTX Europe setup tool, which will automatically reconfigure the FSX environment as necessary during the validation phase.   After the normal validation checks are performed by the UTX setup tool, you can exit the application.
  • Start FSX.

Any UTX and FSX Accleration Pack details will follow....

UTX and FSX Acceleration FAQ

With the release of the FSX Acceleration add-on from Microsoft, there are a number of items which users of currently released UTX products (UTX USA  UTX Canada and UTX Europe) should be aware of.

FSX Acceleration installation will overwrite your current terrain.cfg

This is a very important item to note.  But, it is one that is simple to correct.

When you install FSX Acceleration, it will overwrite your currently installed and UTX enabled terrain.cfg file. What this means is that if you immediately start FSX and fly in the area covered by UTX products, you will see issues like incorrect coastlines, water features, roads, etc. To address any issues caused by FSX Acceleration changing your terrain.cfg, simply follow the instructions in the "Quick Setup" portion at the top of this document.   The UTX Setup tool(s) will always make sure that the UTX specific entries are added to the FSX TERRAIN.CFG file.

FSX Acceleration Scenery Object Changes

FSX Acceleration Pack contains a number of areas of enhanced scenery with additional or modified scenery objects.    From our research, we have found that these changes only affect our UTX USA and UTX Europe products in a few isolated areas.    UTX Canada is not impacted by the FSX Acceleration Pack, except for the TERRAIN.CFG modifications previously discussed.

If you do not install the UTX Acceleration patches for UTX USA and UTX Europe, you may see some duplicate buildings and other objects in a few locations.

We will continue to monitor the impact of the FSX Acceleration Pack, and the planned FSX SP2, on our UTX product lines.    

Thanks to Jeff for all the FSX Accleration pack research !

Allen

dogstar23 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogstar23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2007 at 1:09pm

The graphics are flickering where the taxiways cross runways since I upgraded to Acceleration and Directx 10.  I have Ultimate Terrain, Flight Environment, Vista, Directx 10 and FSGenesis Mesh.  Any ideas.  I don't get the flicker when switching back to Directx 9.

quantumleap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2007 at 1:08am
As UTX does nothing with the airport environment i.e. runways/taxiways this is not an issue with UTX.

This therefore is an issue with the DirectX 10 preview functionality in FSX Acceleration and if you want to discuss it further it would be better addressed outside of the Ultimate Terrain forum. The Flight Simulator General Discussion area would be a better choice.

Jeff

Check out my aviation photography and digital art at Photisify
northtexas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northtexas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2007 at 11:56am
If I decide to remove the FSX Acceleration Pack will I also need to remove the UTX-USA patch and if so how would that be done?
akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2007 at 2:13pm

Originally posted by northtexas northtexas wrote:

If I decide to remove the FSX Acceleration Pack will I also need to remove the UTX-USA patch and if so how would that be done?

We were waiting to see how long it would be before this question was asked LOL

We also created a simple patch that will restore things for those that want to remove the Acceleration Pack.  

http://files.100megabyte.com/Ultterrain/Patch/UtxUsaNoAccel.exe

The patch is again very small (only replaces 2 small scenery files).   Don't forget to rerun one of the UTX setup tools after removing the Acceleration Pack.  The UTX setup tools will make sure your FSX environment is configured for UTX again, if the FSX A.P. uninstaller made any changes to the TERRAIN.CFG file.

Allen

dogstar23 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogstar23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2007 at 8:28pm
okay.  Will do.  I was not sure.
mattius View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2007 at 12:36pm

I ran the Setup Utility after instaling Acceleration , (as you recommended), but when checking it comes up with, "Warning Messages are Available - Click Button to Proceed".

when I do this it Says "Missing referenced texture in TERRAIN.CFG D:\Simulations\flight\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\texture\UTSandHW.bmp

?????????

Help

Thanks

akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2007 at 9:46pm

Mattius,

I don't think this is related to the FSX Acceleration pack.   Each time you run the UTX setup tool (any version), it checks to make sure that all the UTX entries in the TERRAIN.CFG file actually point to existing textures.

My guess is that the UTSandHW.BMP texture has been deleted somehow.  It may have happened some time ago, since the last time you have run one of the UTX setup tools.

Reinstalling any UTX region (USA or Canada) will get the texture back.   If you don't want to do this right now, you should be OK unless you fly during a hard winter season.    

Before doing anything about the problem, check first to see that the texture is actually missing.

Allen

mattius View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2007 at 3:28am
The file is def not in Scenery\World\Texture. God knows how it went missing?However following adivice in other post I wish to copy UTsandHW from the Flight One Software dir. However it appears in 3 different dirs, High, Med & Low. The file sizes are different. Which one should I copy?
akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2007 at 6:44pm

Mattius,

Unless you have switched to the medium or low UTX texture resolution sets, use the version in the HIGH folder.   The HIGH folder textures are the defaults.

Allen

mattius View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2007 at 3:39am
Thanks!Wink
strykerpsg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strykerpsg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2007 at 4:33am
Well, I followed your instructions to a tee and my roads look like something from the FS98 era. It honestly looked better with the default FSX textures. Do I need to unistall everything and re-install all files from scratch? When I first purchased FEX and UTX, everything looked great. I then added the acceleration pack and a freeware grass mod and the textures just went crazy! So, I did what any other gamer would do with no weekned plans.......uninstall and reinstall.  Thanks for tolerating the sarcasm, as I am just tired of removing and adding everything again. I know you have an excellent product just need a smarter person then I to fix my setup is all. Also, I have my settings maxed out and still blocky looking roads. Thanks again
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2007 at 12:49am
Originally posted by strykerpsg strykerpsg wrote:

I then added the acceleration pack and a freeware grass mod and the textures just went crazy!

As is noted in the first message in this thread, installing Acceleration after UTX will replace your Terrain.cfg and therefore cause issues with UTX until you rerun the UTX Setup and Config file. Have you tried that?

Also, what did this freeware grass mod do? Maybe it caused the issue i.e. did you know what changes it made and whether they may conflict with UTX or Acceleration?

Jeff

strykerpsg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strykerpsg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2007 at 7:32pm

Perhaps I am making a big deal out of nothing. I was relooking at the pictures of roads fixed within UTX and perhaps they still stay somewhat blocky. I just thought when I first installed it that the roads were more defined. Could anyone post some up close screenshots of their version of UTX so I can see if I am just blubbering around like an idiot................

Also, how much of a difference might FS Global 2008 make with UTX? Anyone tried the combination yet? Thanks for being tolerant and resourceful.

matt

Shane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2007 at 4:40am
I already installed FSX + Acceleration + UTX 1.1 + UTX 1.2....

Do I need to go back and uninstall everything and install this patch?

My apologies if this is a silly question, but at what point is UTX installed......before or after the UTX Acceleration Patch?

I didn't see this patch on the UT DL page.
Shane
Win7 64-bit
Asus P6T Deluxe
Core i7 920 @ 3.8
6GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
Evga GTX 480 SC+
SB X-FI Fatality
640GB WD "Black"
Dell 3007WFP-HC LCD / Acer H233H
2yr old Co-pilot :)
meshman View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meshman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2007 at 2:48pm

No need to uninstall/reinstall.

UT/X can be installed before or after FSXA, but afterwards is better. What FSXA and SP2 does is create a new Terrain.cfg file, which deletes entries made by UT/X and other third party addons. Rerunning the UT/X setup utility will verify the status of the Terrain.cfg file and if necessary, reinsert it's required entries.

The Acceleration patch adjusts a small amount of scenery objects that is necessary after Acceleration has been installed. The download link is above and I'm sure as soon as time allows Allen will have the Scenery Solutions page updated.Wink

akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-24-2007 at 1:20pm

I will try and get the website updated soon for the acceleration patch.   I completely forgot about it.    Thanks for pointing this out.

Allen

Shane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-24-2007 at 2:51pm
Well, darn. I already installed FSX + Accleration + UTX + GEX + FEX.

Can I still install this Acceleration patch this late without issue?

Thanks! :)
Shane
Win7 64-bit
Asus P6T Deluxe
Core i7 920 @ 3.8
6GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
Evga GTX 480 SC+
SB X-FI Fatality
640GB WD "Black"
akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2007 at 12:37am

Originally posted by Shane Shane wrote:

Well, darn. I already installed FSX + Accleration + UTX + GEX + FEX.

Can I still install this Acceleration patch this late without issue?

Thanks! :)

Absolutely !

Allen

Shane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2007 at 2:48am
Great!

Thanks, Allen.
Shane
Win7 64-bit
Asus P6T Deluxe
Core i7 920 @ 3.8
6GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
Evga GTX 480 SC+
SB X-FI Fatality
640GB WD "Black"
boris4356 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boris4356 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2007 at 1:36am

I am planning to re-install FSX and Accelleration.

I was wondering if I install Acelleration before I install UTX-USA and UTX-Canada, do I still need to install the patch?

Thanks,

Bill

akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2007 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by boris4356 boris4356 wrote:

I am planning to re-install FSX and Accelleration.

I was wondering if I install Acelleration before I install UTX-USA and UTX-Canada, do I still need to install the patch?

Thanks,

Bill

Yes Bill.   You still need the patch, which contains a few minor corrections specifically for Acelleration Pack users.    The patch is very small and corrects a few cases of objects that have moved in the Accelleration Pack.

Allen

boris4356 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boris4356 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2007 at 9:48am
Thanks Allen!

Bill
Polar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2008 at 4:40pm

I haven't run the patch for Acceleration yet.

I installed FSX RTM, Acceleration, then UTX USA, and ran the setup tool. I validated UTX, selected "prepare UTX for patch or upgrade" and then updated to 1.1, and repeated for 1.2. My question is this : should one prepare UTX for the Acceleration patch as well? Or just install it?

akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2008 at 2:10am
You can just install the Accleration Patch, without doing the patch preparation step with the setup tool.
Allen

Polar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2008 at 3:43am
Thanks - would it matter if one had? Embarrassed
akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2008 at 5:46pm

Originally posted by Polar Polar wrote:

Thanks - would it matter if one had? Embarrassed

Nope.  Not at all.

Allen

Jimm57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimm57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2008 at 9:43am

My UTX USA will be delivered in todays mail. Cant wait. BUT, just read the post where I need to install the FSX Acceleration patch first before UTX. I have FSX Deluxe, SP1, SP2 and Acceleration installed, running Win XP home.

Has Flt 1 updated UTX USA to include this patch, or do I still need to download and install the patch?

Thanks for your help,

Jim

(my first post and UTX is my first Flt 1 purchase. Can't wait!)

akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2008 at 12:47am

Jim,

The patch is not on the DVD.  But, it is a very, very small download.

I am not 100% sure right now.  But, I think if you choose not to install the patch, you will only see duplicate objects near the Cape Canaveral launch site.   So, without the patch, you probably won't even notice the changes with UTX USA and the Acceleration pack, unless you visit this area in particular.

Allen

Jimm57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimm57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2008 at 8:43am

Thanks for the reply Akriesman,

Got my UTX, ran the small patch, then installed UTX. No problems! All went smooth, and the add-on runs great, and looks great! Now I just gotta tweak it and fiddle with all the options. Wish I had the day off.

Also gunna pick up 2 more gig of ram today. I'm already running 2 gig, another 2 should let everything load quicker.

Glad I have UTX. Thanks Flight 1 for a beautiful add-on. Can't wait to get GEX next!

zibaldo65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zibaldo65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2008 at 7:34am

I have FSX SP2 installed (not the accellearation, but only the upgrade downloadable by the Microsoft site) and UTX Europe 1.1c. Does i need to install the patch mentionned above for Accelleration users?

Another problem, that it seems it cannot be fixed easily. My FEX SHD causes the crash of UTX setup tool, i read all the posts about but nobody told me which is the file to modify and where it is this file (the change suggestes is to change the value of FSX.cfg with TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD from 4096 to 1024. I browsed all the installation folders but i didn't find it). I thanks very much if someone could help me!

Seadog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seadog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2008 at 9:48pm
You must continue to update. There is one more update. See this response -

http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=27237&PID=161759#161759

-Doug
zibaldo65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zibaldo65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2008 at 7:18am

Thanks Doug, i didn't see the upgrade. After having upgraded UTX Europe the problem has been fixed! Wink

Maurizio G

FLighT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FLighT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2008 at 8:48am

Getting ready to install all 3 UTX products on my new computer. 2 questions.

1. On a fresh install of all 3 UTX products (DVD versions) and "after" a fresh install of FSX plus Accel, are the mini patches at the top of this topic needed?

2. The disk versions are: Canada 1.0   current version is 1.1b

Europe 1.1c  current version is 1.2.0, 

USA 1.2b.     current version is 1.3.1

Can I update directly to the most current patch or should I apply any intervening patches first?  From a look at the Downloads page at the UT website it looks like the only one that might need the intermediate step is USA going from 1.2b to 1.3 then 1.31. 

Thanks.

Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2008 at 11:12am
Originally posted by FLighT FLighT wrote:

1. On a fresh install of all 3 UTX products (DVD versions) and "after" a fresh install of FSX plus Accel, are the mini patches at the top of this topic needed?

Yes. You should re-apply the mini-patch after applying all the UTX updates.

Quote 2... Can I update directly to the most current patch or should I apply any intervening patches first?

You must install each patch in order as they are not cumulative.

Make sure that you follow the upgrade instructions carefully. Especially note that for earlier versions you have to prepare UTX for a patch by selecting "Prepare Ultimate Terrain for Patch or Upgrade" from the UTX Setup Tool "Upgrade" menu. For all newer updates you now use a new two step process where you have a patch preparation application, which does the previous manual steps for you, and then it unlocks the actual patch executable for you to run and apply the update.

Jeff

jaubert View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaubert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2009 at 11:21am

Quote UTX Europe Installed (Apply in addition to any UTX USA patches):

• Download and run the very small patch from http://66.135.39.111/Ultterrain/UtxEurAccel.exe
  • Start the UTX Europe setup tool, which will automatically reconfigure the FSX environment as necessary during the validation phase.   After the normal validation checks are performed by the UTX setup tool, you can exit the application.
  • Start FSX.
Bonjour,

I installed this patch for Acceleration. (UTX Europe)
IS IT POSSIBLE TO UNINSTALL IT ?

Thanks and regards

Jean

PP

jaubert View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaubert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2009 at 5:46am
Originally posted by jaubert jaubert wrote:

Quote UTX Europe Installed (Apply in addition to any UTX USA patches):

• Download and run the very small patch from http://66.135.39.111/Ultterrain/UtxEurAccel.exe
  • Start FSX.
Bonjour,

I installed this patch for Acceleration. (UTX Europe)
IS IT POSSIBLE TO UNINSTALL IT ?

Thanks and regards

I have seen there is a patch UtxUsaNoAcce.exe removing patch for USA. Is there one for Europe ? Wink

Thanks for reply
Jean

PP

Kilo60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilo60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2009 at 2:15am

Do I still need to install the Acceleration Patch if I installed UTX USA/Europe (and updated to latest versions) over my FSX Deluxe + Acceleration Add-on.

Or is this patch only for those who install Acceleration after installing UTX/USA & Europe?

THANKS!

Nenesse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nenesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2010 at 4:19am

Hello,

Sorry but I think that links to download those patches needed for Acceleration/SP2 users do not work. No connection.

Best Regards.
Yves

Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2010 at 1:27pm
See my reply in this thread.

Jeff

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic