SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Terrain and XpressSim Products > Ultimate Terrain And XpressSim Support
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Admin: Ultimate Terrain X - ERSX Reporting Tool
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAdmin: Ultimate Terrain X - ERSX Reporting Tool

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Admin: Ultimate Terrain X - ERSX Reporting Tool
    Posted: June-15-2007 at 11:58pm

Overview

I am very excited to announce our powerful and very user friendly system, designed to handle enhancement and issue requests for our UTX product lines.  We call this the ERSX tool.

The system has been developed in-house an provides the following benefits:

• Allows our users to visually track outstanding requests using Google Earth.
  • Users can submit requests during flight using a new client tool.
  • Our back-end apps allow us to quickly identify and resolve the problems.

You must have Google Earth installed to view the current outstanding issues, which most people do these days. You do not need Google Earth to submit new issues.

Learning About The New System:

The link below takes you to a PDF document that describes the new system.  Please take a moment to read it if you plan on using the system for either tracking or reporting purposes.

Enhancement Reporting System X PDF

Viewing Current Outstanding Issues:

The links below takes you to the UTX pages (and Ultimate Alaska X) containing outstanding issues for the current release.    You must have Google Earth installed to view the coverage map.   Click on the appropriate link below.   Then, you can select an appropriate KML file (from the selected web page) for viewing within Google Earth.

UTX USA Issues:

http://www.scenerysolutions.com/IssuesUsa.html

UTX Canada Issues:

http://www.scenerysolutions.com/IssuesCan.html

UTX Europe Issues:

http://www.scenerysolutions.com/IssuesEur.html

Ultimate Alaska X Issues: (new)

http://www.scenerysolutions.com/IssuesAla.html

Reporting New Issues Using The Client Tool:

A custom client application has been created for our users.  The application can be started with FSX already running.    If you want to report an issue, you mearly have to position the aircraft over the anomaly, start the application, add a title and description, and submit the request.   

Here is a link to the installation application for the client tools:

Enhancement Reporting System X Installer

Updates To Google Earth Map Of Outstanding Issues:

Periodically, our server applications will collect new issues and regenerate the Google Earth data.    We will determine an appropriate time interval for regenerating the data as needed.

Closing:

Before you report new issues, please read the documentation carefully to understand the types of issues that should be reported.    If you have a question as to whether something should be reported, feel free to discuss the issue in the support forum for UTX.   Replys to this thread should be questions about the system, not specific issues.

This system is not a two-way customer support system.  It should only be used for reporting confirmed UTX visual issues for specific locations.

Allen

akriesman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2007 at 12:08am

In case anyone missed it.    Any user with Google Earth can view the staus of outstanding issues by mearly following the link below:

Outstanding UTX USA issues

Allen

quantumleap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2007 at 6:13pm
In order for us to best be able to investigate any enhancements requested, it is important that you accurately position the aircraft directly over the anomaly before using the UTX Reporting Tool.

In order to do this you will need to first change the FSX view to top-down. You can do this by bringing up the FSX menu while in flight (press the ALT key) and then select the "Views->View Mode->Outside->Top-Down" menu option.

Once in top-down view, you should place FSX into "Slew" mode by pressing the "Y" key (the word "Slew" will flash in red in the lower right-hand corner of the screen when this mode is activated). You can then move the aircraft around using the arrows keys on the keypad (note you may need to turn off the Num-lock for this to work). You can press the number '5' key on the keypad to stop the aircraft from slewing.

Once the aircraft is directly over the anomaly, you can then start and use the UTX Reporting Tool to capture the location information and provide the details for your report.

Once the report has been sent, just use the FSX "Views" menu to return to the cockpit view. To remove the FSX menu just press and hold the ALT key for a second or two. To leave slew mode, just press the "Y" key again.

Please see the "Positioning the Aircraft in FSX" section in the "Enhancement Reporting System X" manual for more details.

Jeff

Check out my aviation photography and digital art at Photisify
gpf3m View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2008 at 9:55am

Love the product!  Found a mesh spike Just east of the Sparta, Michigan airport.  There may be more.

LAT N43 7.32' W85 33.70'

akriesman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2008 at 12:10am
Originally posted by gpf3m gpf3m wrote:

Love the product!  Found a mesh spike Just east of the Sparta, Michigan airport.  There may be more.

LAT N43 7.32' W85 33.70'

FWIW 

If the spike falls in the middle of a water feature, then it is a UTX issue.  If the spike does not fall within water, then it is a terrain mesh issue (not UTX related).

Allen

loop_n_roll View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2008 at 9:46am
Do reported issues show up immediately on Google Earth or do they get a review before you put them up? I reported an issue about 2 weeks ago and don't see it yet. Perhaps I did something wrong?
akriesman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2008 at 9:26pm
Right now, we only update the issue list periodically after we have a chance to review them.   If you did not get an error when reporting the issue, I am pretty sure that we recieved it and it will show in the next report update.
Allen

JSim View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2008 at 12:32pm
When will the issues list be updated again? The date at http://www.scenerysolutions.com/UtxUsa.kml is 02/28/08. Is there a regular schedule?

Thanks.   Sleepy
JimSp.
sac601 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2009 at 3:57pm

I have FS9 with ultimate terrain for Canada, us and Europe. After I installed it the statue of liberty in New York diseapeared. How can I get it back?

Thanks

Al

Al
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2009 at 4:14pm
The Statue of Liberty is geographically incorrectly positioned in the default FS9 scenery. When you install Ultimate Terrain with its geographically correct scenery this would make the Statue look like it was sitting on the water and not on land. There is a checkbox in the Ultimate Terrain Setup and Configuration Tool which disables such misplaced scenery objects. All of this is covered in the manual provided with the product.

If you would like to get the Statue of Liberty (and a significant number of other custom scenery objects) repositioned to work with UT for FS9, I'd suggest that you go and look at http://www.qlrp4ut.com

Jeff

P.S. Nearly missed your question as it was posted at the end of a thread talking specifically about the enhanced reporting tool we use for the UTX for FSX, not UT for FS9, product range. It's usually better to create a new posting topic rather than add to the end of an unrelated post.

P_R_S View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2009 at 6:20am

Hello, is the ERSX tool still the right way to report issues?

I'm always getting a connection error while attempting to send a report, even with the firewall deactivated.

BYE BYE RIK

Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2009 at 11:12am
Yes, ERSX is the correct way to report issues. Unfortunately there is a temporary issue with our service provider as explained in this thread.

Jeff

P_R_S View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2009 at 12:01pm

Originally posted by quantumleap quantumleap wrote:

Yes, ERSX is the correct way to report issues. Unfortunately there is a temporary issue with our service provider as explained in this thread.

Jeff

Thankyou, hope all will be solved soon ;)

Ciao

Riccardo

akriesman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2009 at 3:58pm

Sorry guys.  I created a patched version a few days ago, but forgot to upload it.   The link at the top of the page should install the new version (1.1).   I have also put the link below:

I have only tested this myself successfully.   So, let me know how this works.

Just install the new version over the old version.

Allen

P_R_S View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2009 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by akriesman akriesman wrote:

Sorry guys.  I created a patched version a few days ago, but forgot to upload it.   The link at the top of the page should install the new version (1.1).   I have also put the link below:

I have only tested this myself successfully.   So, let me know how this works.

Just install the new version over the old version.

Thank you! ;)

Just tried it, the connection test works ok, but when I try to submit  some data I get the "connection error" message box!

ciao

Riccardo

Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2009 at 2:51pm
Yes, we are aware of this and it is being investigated. Will provide an update as soon as we have one.

Sorry for any inconvenience as we try to get this up and running again.

Jeff

akriesman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2009 at 11:50pm

OK, I replaced the version again.   It should work this time, because I tested the full report process instead of just the connection.

Thanks for your patience !

Allen

P_R_S View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2009 at 5:36am
Originally posted by akriesman akriesman wrote:

OK, I replaced the version again.   It should work this time, because I tested the full report process instead of just the connection.

Thanks for your patience !

thank you! I'll try as soon as I'll be back at home

ciao

Riccardo

P_R_S View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2009 at 1:22pm

Ok, all seems to work now! :)

Ciao

Riccardo

pifa View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2009 at 4:09pm

Hi,

I'm trying to install ERSX on a machine running on Vista 32, being a user administrator of the machine.

The installation process seems to complete because I get the successfull installation message. But I cannot find the software in the MSFSX folder neither in the "start" programs list or in the installed softwares of the control panel.

I have notice that during installation, the green line does not go to the end before the window disappears which give the impression that the installation is too short and does not actually terminate correctly.

Any help would be appreciated.

PF

Pierre
farsenea View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2009 at 7:13pm

I have posted 2 found water issues with UTX Canada but I forgot to capture the report ID and the UTX Canada issues link still does not shot it: can I suggest the ERSX tool next update to include an option to receive a copy of the summit issue whan we enter an e-mail address ?

Also, should we show / discuss the issue first in the forum before summiting it using ERSX (I found other water issues while flying over Quebec) ?

Thanks

P.S. Is there a plan schedule for a UTX Canada 1.2 update - just so I know if I should rush on reporting issues... Wink

Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2009 at 7:17pm
Once processed, all the error reports with their associated IDs are shown on the outstanding issues file (which can be viewed in Google Earth). The first post in this thread lists the location of the outstanding issues files.

If you want to check whether what you are seeing is caused by a installation/configuration problem rather than an issue in the product itself, yes, you can raise it in the forum first.

There are plans for updates to UTX USA, Canada and Europe after UTX Alaska has been released. There are however no dates as yet for when these are expected.

Jeff

farsenea View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2009 at 9:39pm

Ok, I understand that there is no plan date for the update of UTX Canada but do you know when the Google Earth report will be updated with the new summit issues ?

Thank you

Kilstorm_McBrid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2010 at 5:09pm
I dont have Google Earth on my sim machine.  I keep it clean of everything except the OS and FS stuff.  No adobe reader, no flash, no google earth.  I have a netbook for those apps.  So I cant use google earth to request this so I will just post it;

It would be nice if the cabins that have airstrips around PAYA which are:
A57
A67
A68
A69
A70
AK76

Could have less skirting around the strip like what you did with the strips in the Anchorage/Palmer area and replace the building with cabins.

Thank you.
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2010 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by Kilstorm_McBrid Kilstorm_McBrid wrote:

I dont have Google Earth on my sim machine.

You do not need it to report issues, only to view the open ones in our database.

Jeff

infall@msn.com View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2012 at 9:16pm
Hello,

I recently starting using your product UTX and your reporting tool. I have found several airports that have traffic that run through the parking area for the planes.  

I get the conformation message with number showing the issue was reported, but when I check the Google Earth, I never see my issue appear? Is the reporting system broken? Will we see fixes for the airports?
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2012 at 3:25pm
The Google Earth report is not automatically updated after each issue is added. It is currently run manually when we are considering whether to investigate and build any future updates (we are currently working on a new project at the moment, so any updates will not be considered until after that is released).

Jeff

Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2013 at 11:00am
Hi,
After downloading ERSX I get a warning message "ERSX.exe is not commonly downloaded and could harm your computer". Can you confirm it's OK to install it please!
Thanks
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2013 at 1:58pm
It sounds like you have some security software which calls home to a central system to see if many others are downloading the same thing. To flag software just because it is not frequently downloaded rather than by actually scanning it to see if it contains anything malicious seems a fairly limited way to try and prevent infection.

There should be no problems with the ERSX.exe installer. To double-check I downloaded it and scanned it with ESET NOD32 antivirus v6 with the latest virus/malware signature database and it reported no issues detected.

Jeff

Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2013 at 3:23pm
Thanks Jeff. I use Microsoft Security Essentials, which scanned it straight after downloading it, and it came up with the warning flag, but nothing else. Anyway, it sounds safe from what you say, so I'll install it soon.
pm14040 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2013 at 10:42am
I tried to report a traffic on the airport issue at KADS but I only get an error when submitting the report with ERSX ERROR TRANSFERING INFORMATION TO SCENERY SOLUTIONS SERVER!
FlyingAxx View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2013 at 1:35pm
Hello guys, as it seems to me there are just quite old error messages shown, independently from the chosen area.  Furthermore it is not possible up to now to tick the latest scenery UTX TAC. With other words, I'm not really convinced that somebody really cares for the data collected via this tool.

Axel
akriesman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2013 at 9:24pm
The ERSX reports have to be updated manually.   As the UTX product lines age out, we get very few reports because so many anomalies have been corrected over the years.   So, I have been a little lazy when it comes to running the reports.

Upon seeing your note here, I updated the ERSX database.   We do still use this database for all other UTX products.  But, we do not use it for UTX TAC.    It got to the point where most issues reported were either not problems or too insignificant to patch.   Any major issues with UTX TAC have been reported in the forum.    This product has been pretty clean overall.

You might look at my recent post in the thread below for information regarding patches.

Allen

akriesman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2013 at 9:17pm
TO ALL....

Security leaks have recently been found in the ERSX reporting tool, which have allowed spanners to hack our website.   As a result, we have had to temporarily halt remote access to our databases using the ERSX tool.   For at least the time being, the ERSX tool cannot be used to report anomaly or enhancement requests.   Thanks for your understanding.
Allen

Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2014 at 3:06pm
As the ERSX reporting tool is no longer supported, we are now tracking issues in the UTX Official Issue Tracking Thread.

This thread is now closed.

Jeff

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic