SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > Fokker 70-100
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTaxi and Landing Lights

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Goodavish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Taxi and Landing Lights
    Posted: September-02-2015 at 9:47pm
I am using the DA Fokker 100 in FSX.  I flew at night, and noticed that the taxi and landing lights barely show up in FSX at night.  Any way to fix this?

Jeff Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2015 at 1:46am
Hello,

Are you using any texture replacement addons?

Thanks!
Keep the Blue Side UP! - Flight1 Sales / Customer Support
Greg Goodavish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Goodavish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2015 at 10:39pm
I have some liveries I downloaded, but would those change the lighting?  What files in the texture folder are for the lights?

n4gix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n4gix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2015 at 10:10am
None. The lights are default sim texture and effect files.
Bill
3d Modeler and Gauge Programmer
Milviz

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Goodavish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2015 at 8:16pm
Bill, can you tell me which texture and effect files I should have in FSX and where?  I am trying to research what may be missing or corrupted.  Thanks.
n4gix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n4gix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2015 at 10:22am
The effect file is fx_landing.fx and it uses the fx_2.bmp texture file.
Bill
3d Modeler and Gauge Programmer
Milviz

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Goodavish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2015 at 9:52pm
Thanks, Bill.  I have both of those, but when I try to preview the texture file, it says it can't open it because it is either corrupted or too large.  CAn you open yours, and see some type of texture on the .bmp file?  That may be part of my problem.    The following texture files will not open:
fx_1_FT.bmp
fx_2.bmp
fx_2_FT.bmp
fx_3.bmp
fx_5.bmp

I have a million addons in my FSX folders, and don't really want to do the repair function, as that means reinstalling everything all over again.  Can anyone get the above files to me, or verify if something should be seen when you open them?  If so, can someone send me those files, so I can replace my corrupted ones?  Thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic