SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Terrain and XpressSim Products > Ultimate Terrain And XpressSim Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

TAC over riding addon airports buildings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote portanav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TAC over riding addon airports buildings
    Posted: October-15-2017 at 6:16am
I just moved over to P3Dv4 and installed UT-TAC latest version for P3Dv4, but one of my addon airports in the Caribbean, TTPP Piarco is having the terminal building blocked out by another building.

In my former FSX version of UT-TAC I would run the XpressSim sofware and deselect the TTPP airport which would fix the problem, but now with this new P3D version I cannot find any XpressSim to run. I went into the "Modify Re-positioned Airports" but TTPP is not listed (never was in FSXversion).

How do I fix this problem?
Regards,
Michael.

P3Dv4, PFPX, TOPCAT, AivlaSoft EFB, ProATC/X, Simvoice Checklist, RAAS Pro and UT2.
quantumleap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2017 at 10:47pm
The XpressSim V1.x type product configuration tool was removed from UTX TAC V2.x as there was little it now did. We obviously overlooked this potential.

What you can do is to go into your P3DV4 scenery folder and into the 'XpressSimTropics->Scenery' folder and rename all the TTPP*.BGL files to TTPP*.ZZZ i.e.

Rename TTPP_AP.BGL to TTPP_AP.ZZZ
Rename TTPP_BG.BGL to TTPP_BG.ZZZ
etc..

Jeff

Check out my aviation photography and digital art at Photisify
portanav View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote portanav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2017 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by quantumleap quantumleap wrote:

The XpressSim V1.x type product configuration tool was removed from UTX TAC V2.x as there was little it now did. We obviously overlooked this potential.

Would their but a possible fix for this in the near future, with a revised version or update?
Regards,
Michael.

P3Dv4, PFPX, TOPCAT, AivlaSoft EFB, ProATC/X, Simvoice Checklist, RAAS Pro and UT2.
akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2017 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by portanav portanav wrote:

Originally posted by quantumleap quantumleap wrote:

Would their but a possible fix for this in the near future, with a revised version or update?

Unfortunately, there will not be an update for the old tool.   The XpressSim scenery areas that we released with TAC V2 were basically demos, from which the newer XpressSim scenery was created from.    The newer XpressSim interface handles a completely different file structure and features.  So, it cannot be made compatible with the old demo's.   We would have to rewrite the older demo interface to add all the new multi-platform logic, which is very time consuming to support the few demo areas in TAC 2.

Now, I did anticipate the fact that some users would want to replace select UTX TAC 2 airports with 3rd party scenery.    The answer is basically what Jeff said.   The scenery files are clearly marked using the scenery area as part of the actual BGL filenames.   So, if you just delete or rename those files, it will solve the problem of deactivating individual XpressSim V1 areas.  So basically, you are doing the same thing that the interface would handle, with just a bit more work.

We are here to help if anyone has questions about the file naming convention.
Allen

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic