SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Terrain and XpressSim Products > Ultimate Terrain And XpressSim Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

[Solved] UTX Usa Scenery Cfg error

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJPilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [Solved] UTX Usa Scenery Cfg error
    Posted: October-11-2017 at 12:30pm
I have just installed Ultimate Terrain USA V2.3 for my FSX program. After installation every time I start up FSX I get this error message:
"SCENERY.CFG file error. Local scenery directory
(Scenery\UtUsaLights\SCENERY) in scenery Area.122
not found. Click OK to continue
". I then click OK to continue and the Sim loads OK.
What can I do to get rid of this error message?
Mel
quantumleap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2017 at 10:02pm
Was this an upgrade to a previous version of UTX or a first ever install?

I suspect the former as this was a scenery layer used in UTX V1.x products. In UTX V2.x products we moved to the new Lights for UTX product. So, if you were a former UTX USA V1.x customer who has upgraded to UTX V2.x, did you uninstall V1.x first? This should have got rid of that scenery layer. If you did not, then you just need to bring up the FSX Scenery Library, search for the entry which says "UT Usa Lighting" and press the "Delete Area" button.

Jeff

Check out my aviation photography and digital art at Photisify
MJPilot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJPilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2017 at 11:32pm
I did uninstall the previous version which I thought was V2. There is the "UT Usa Lighting" in the Scenery Library now listed as Priority 13. Should I delete it now? Thanks for the help.
Mel
quantumleap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2017 at 10:18pm
If you are definitely running UTX USA V2.3, and have also installed the "Lights for UTX" product (via the UTX Install Manager), then the "Ut Usa Lighting" area in the FSX Scenery Library is no longer used/needed. You should therefore be able to remove it by selecting that entry in the FSX Scenery Library and pressing the "Delete Area" button. That should then get rid of the error.

Jeff

Check out my aviation photography and digital art at Photisify
MJPilot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJPilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2017 at 12:00pm
Thanks so much Jeff for your reply to my error problem. I have deleted that area and the error message is no longer there when loading FSX. Don't know what we would do without guys like you to ask and get answers to our questions.  Thanks again.....
Mel
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic