SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Terrain and XpressSim Products > Ultimate Terrain And XpressSim Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

[Solved] UTX Europe V2.1 Install Program

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LH121 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [Solved] UTX Europe V2.1 Install Program
    Posted: December-13-2016 at 10:48pm
Hello,
I have problems with the installation on FSX of UTX Europe 2.1.
The installation program wants the path (data files). Where can I find this path?

Best regarts

Gerd
akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2016 at 1:25pm
Depending on which step you are at, the installation path is normally the location where you installed FSX.   More specifically, this is the folder that contains the FSX.EXE file.

If you need more help, please post a screenshot showing the exact part of the installation phase that is giving you trouble.
Allen

LH121 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LH121 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2016 at 4:27pm
quantumleap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2016 at 7:32pm
That path is where some of the FSX configuration files are located and is not where the UTX data files should go. As noted by Allen, the path which should be in the dialog, and which you can browse to yourself if needed (but it shouldn't be which indicates some sort of problem) is the folder where the FSX.EXE is.

As an FYI, make sure that you are running the installer and UTX Setup Tool by right-clicking on them and selecting "Run as administrator" to prevent issues with Windows user access control (UAC) and/or some anti-malware tools.

Jeff

Check out my aviation photography and digital art at Photisify
LH121 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LH121 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2016 at 8:15am
Hello Jeff,
Installation worked as administrator, thanks for the quick service. I wish you a nice Christmas and a good 2017.

Best regards
Gerd
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic