SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Ground Environment X Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

[SOLVED] usual reinstallation issues...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aragorn80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [SOLVED] usual reinstallation issues...
    Posted: July-27-2017 at 1:57pm
I had to reinstall fsx due to sw problems, and now I'm installing all GEX packages. The first one, europe, was installed smoothly, using the account login method.
Now with GEX North america i get the message "the information submitted could not be validated because your account login or password is incorrect, or the selected product is not associated with your account...etc). Quite strange, since it's the same accound and pw of europe pack.
Tried the automated key method as well, and it asks for a mysterious password, the one i use for flight1 account is wrong, or for the last 4 numbers of a credit card used almost 5 years ago...that ,obviously, i don't have!
Ticket system is very slow. I've already submitted a ticket and the answer was totally inadequate...
I think it's absolutely unacceptable the fact that you pay for a product that you can not use!

Please advise quickly
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2017 at 2:33pm
I cant help with Flight1 account issues. We are not Flight1 and have no access to the system. We make the product and Flight1 distributes.

You should be able to recover all your past purchase information though the system, every purchase you have made over the years but it does require the email address used when the purchase was made   http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=lostorder

That system will give you a list off all purchases made including their cert codes and passwords using the email address the purchase was made from. There is also an area in your account at Flight1 that allows you to transfer purchase information from a old email address to a new one if the original is no longer working or good.

I will email Jeff at Flight1 and ask him to look at this and see if he can help further.

Aragorn80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aragorn80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2017 at 2:37pm
In this case the system doesn't work or, better, gives me the same information i already have (password, certificate).
Anyway, thanks for you support.
Hope jeff will fix this asap
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2017 at 2:38pm
I emailed Flight1 and asked them to look at this, that's all I can do. I am sure someone will be in touch.
Aragorn80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aragorn80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2017 at 2:45pm
cool, thx man
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2017 at 2:57pm
In the mean time, .. 
Its possible there is a mix up if you are downloading the wrong version and trying to use your account information.

Question..   you said you purchased GEX North America, but did you download the version you had in the past?...  or the latest?

GEX North America went through a change a while back to v2.0 (is now v2.1) which required a 14.99 upgrade purchase for past customers, or, its free if a GEX region (other than Europe) was purchased and installed with GEX NA 1.096. That is what is shown on this page at Flight1: http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=gexusacan

IF you did not upgrade GEX NA to v2.0 in the past then you should download the 1.096 version which is linked on the same page at the bottom. ORIGINAL GEX NA VERSION: v1.096

That may be what is happening. Are you confusing the latest version with the version you had from the past? If you are downloading GEX NA v2.0 and you never purchased the upgrade with the coupon then you need to download GEX NA v1.096 instead which should work with your original account information

You would have received a new key and password had you purchased the v2 NA upgrade with the coupon.

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2017 at 3:20pm
ORIGINAL GEX NA VERSION: v1.096

For those who do not wish to upgrade but need to reinstall their original GEX North America product, you can use these links to download. Your original key and password will allow you to reinstall your product any time.

Do not purchase these. They are for REINSTALL of the older version 1.096 only.

http://flight1.100megabyte.com/GEX-NA-1.096-Reinstall.exe 1.39GB

http://flight1.100megabyte.com/GEX-NA-1.096-Reinstall.000 740MB
Aragorn80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aragorn80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2017 at 6:27pm
Maybe you're right, the first purchase was for another version of GEX (it dates back to 2013, so i can't remember which one is it). But I've used for sure the latest version 2.10 until i reinstalled fsx 2 days ago. I don't know where this coupon is, but i had all gex pack (except the australia/antartica) purchased between april 2012 and january 2013, so probably i got the free update from 1.096 to 2.00 and 2.10. But now, as said before, i don't have this coupon anymore and certaainly i'm not going to pay neither 15$ nor 7$ for a product i've already paid for .
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2017 at 6:58pm
OK, we may be getting somewhere.

You don't have to repay. That wont happen. But you should be installing GEX NA 1.096 since you got the GEX NA 2.x full update with the addition of the other regions.
 (no coupon was required)

Check the version of GEX North America you are trying to unwrap. Start the wrapper and when you get to the purchase window, check where the 'coupon' button is located and see if it says Ground Environment X North America version 1.096.

If it is 1.096 I cant tell you why the username/password isn't working. That will require direct help from Flight1 but please let me know.

If its not 1.096, close the wrapper, you have the wrong version, and download the right version. I posted the links above.

If that works then you can continue to re-install your regions and NA will upgrade automatically in that process.

Let me know what you find out about the version you are trying to unwrap.

I haven't heard back from Jeff. He may be out of the office today.  I will stay on it though

Aragorn80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aragorn80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2017 at 8:51pm
I followed your instructions and i've solved!
i reinstalled GEX NA 1.096, then all other GEX packs (AFME,APT and ASA) and now GEX NA has been autonomously updated to 2.10...
Thx a lot nick!
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2017 at 12:06am
That's what I thought

I understand it can be a bit confusing

Glad its resolved!   Beer

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic