SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Terrain Series > Support for all the 'Ultimate' Series of Terrain Products
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

[Solved] Uninstalling UTX

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mopperle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [Solved] Uninstalling UTX
    Posted: September-14-2013 at 8:36am
Due to some troubleshooting I would like to uninstall UTX. Just deactivating is not enough.
So is there a special procedure of doing so to get rid of the original product including its updates/patches?

Thanks,
Otto
Regards,
Otto
Dirk98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2013 at 10:47am
I'm interested too.

Thanks,
Dirk.
Superglide View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2013 at 11:24am
If you look in the All Programs-F1 Programs-UTX folder there is an Uninstall option.
Joe Brown
W7 Pro 64b|i7 4770K @4.5|CORS H80i|ASUS Z87 Pro|EVGA GTX780|16GB CORS 9-11-11-31|FSX ACCL|Rosewill Blackhawk|
mopperle View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mopperle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2013 at 12:35pm
I'm aware of this Wink

But want to make sure that nothing is left because of the later releases patches....
B777ER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B777ER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2013 at 3:50am
Someone else used the uninstaller and now they are getting errors as it looks like it uninstalled a core fsx file. It was the BridgeRoads.dds. in Scenery/Global/Texture. I would like to know the proper procedure as well. Just using the uninstaller is going to cause issues.

Eric
DRB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DRB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2013 at 9:14pm
Is it better to go to All Programs, Flight One Software, UTX, Uninstall or go to Control Panel, Uninstall a Program, UTX-USA
DRB
akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2013 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by B777ER B777ER wrote:

Someone else used the uninstaller and now they are getting errors as it looks like it uninstalled a core fsx file. It was the BridgeRoads.dds. in Scenery/Global/Texture. I would like to know the proper procedure as well. Just using the uninstaller is going to cause issues.

We have successfully tested the UTX uninstallers in the past and have never had any problems reported.   I have to do this personally all the time during development.   The installer is safe because UTX does not (normally) replace any default FSX textures or scenery.     All textures and scenery installed by UTX are new and custom named, which prevents the removal of core FSX files.     There is one exception.

I do know that we provide a replacement BridgeRoads.DDS file as an exception.    I would not expect this file to be overwritten during the install process, because I believe it is handled by the UTX setup tool.     However, I can see a situation where this install location may have accidentally slipped into one of the installers.    This will take some time to verify, because I will need to locate all of the original installers from archives to verify the process.

For the time being, lets assume that the BridgeRoads.DDS file is being removed by one or more of the UTX uninstallers.   However, if the UTX uninstaller is removing this file, it is because the UTX installer is putting it there in the first place.     So, this is only a problem if you are removing UTX with no plans to reinstall.

If you are removing UTX completely and not reinstalling it:

Steps:
(1) Make a copy of BridgeRoads.DDS and store it somewhere.   You will find this file in the  Scenery\Global\Texture folder.
(2) Run the UTX uninstall process for the product in question.   You should not have any issues.
(3) Copy the BridgeRoads.DDS file from you backup location to the Scenery\Global\Texture folder.

Hope this helps.

Allen
DRB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DRB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2013 at 9:46pm
So, use the installer from All Programs, Flight One Software, UTX or Control Panel, Uninstall a Program, UTX-USA
DRB
akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2013 at 9:52pm
To be safe, use the uninstaller under the Flight One Software folder.
Allen
DRB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DRB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2013 at 6:00am
Thx
DRB
B777ER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B777ER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2013 at 3:24pm
Thank you Allen for your help.
Eric
FlyingAxx View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlyingAxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2013 at 10:54am
Please you guys, do us a big favor and collect all those information into a prominent placed thread. It does not help a lot to run into problems first and to find the solution after that somewhere in the forum.
  • First, what to do in order to achieve a clean system without side effects as described in this thread.
  • Second what is the recommended order if you want to install more than one UTX packages at once? Booting FSX in between sounds annoying and is again one of such secrets you only can find somewhere in the forum. What happens if you are missing it?
  • Third it would be nice to know about all the patches and probably here again to know when to install them if you are starting with a clean system. I'm not sure whether it makes a difference to install for instance the Acceleration Patch just after the first base package or at the very end of all updates.

Probably I did not find the right link, thread or whatever else and I just missed such compiled information. My impression is at the moment that all those bits are scattered somewhere in the forum.

Axel

P.S. The above posting is intended rather to be a proposal than a harsh criticism! I very much appreciate the help of you guys.
quantumleap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2013 at 11:57am
The most common questions are already answered via our UTX FAQs sticky posted near the top of this forum. One off items which do not come up regularly are left as threads here, and can be found with the search functionality of the forum.

I can add some of your proposals to the current FAQs if they will help others or do not duplicate currently available information.

Jeff

Check out my aviation photography and digital art at Photisify
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic