SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Flight One Product Support
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - [Solved] Uninstall UTX and GEX for new computer?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

[Solved] Uninstall UTX and GEX for new computer?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [Solved] Uninstall UTX and GEX for new computer?
    Posted: November-19-2011 at 12:09pm
Hi all,
I have UTX and GEX installed and as I will get a new computer my question is:
Should i first uninstall UTX and GEX from my old computer and only then install in new on my new computer?

Thanks,
Christos

flydave123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flydave123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2011 at 6:25pm
If you are installing from a download, just make sure you install on your new computer using the latest download wrapper, rather than the exe file extracted to your old computer.. Make sure you have save the original download key file/order number etc.

If from a DVD, it won't matter.

Technically, you should only have it installed on one computer, but if your intention is just to get it running on your second computer then remove it from the first, no problem.

The BIG instruction is that on your new computer, DO NOT install FSX to the default location. Select CUSTOM install and install either to a second hard drive, or at the least to C:\FSX
Dave.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic