SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Terrain and XpressSim Products > Ultimate Terrain And XpressSim Support
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - [Solved] Ultimate Terrain X USA v2 for FSX & P3D
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

[Solved] Ultimate Terrain X USA v2 for FSX & P3D

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erniec49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [Solved] Ultimate Terrain X USA v2 for FSX & P3D
    Posted: August-31-2017 at 8:17pm
I had received the following message when I tried to install Ultimate Terrain program:

The scenery,cfg or other file can not be located at the expected
location bellow:

C:\users\stand\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\Scenery.cfg:

This is a critical problem. Please visit Ultimate Terrain support forum at:

www.simforums.com\Forum.

Where is this file located at or how do I fix this problem so I can use this program?

Ernie C
quantumleap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2017 at 10:47pm
Did you run the UTX installers and UTX Setup Tools by right-clicking on them and selecting "Run as administrator"? If not, try that as it may be an issue with Windows user access control (UAC) blocking UTX from getting at the file.

Jeff

Check out my aviation photography and digital art at Photisify
erniec49 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erniec49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2017 at 4:55pm
I tried the run as admin still comes up asking for the scenery cfg file
still not found:
Ernie C
firehawk44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firehawk44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2017 at 8:59pm
The location in OP is where the default copy of the scenery.cfg is located.  The working copy is located in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX.

Jim
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2017 at 9:28pm
In which flightsim platform are you trying to install? FSX or P3D?

If FSX, is this FSX boxed or FSX Steam Edition?

What choices are being displayed in the UTX USA V2 Install Manager for platforms to install in?

Have you gone to that location to see if the file exists or not (notwithstanding as firehawk44 indicated that this is not the working copy)?

Jeff

erniec49 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erniec49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2017 at 8:35pm
I am using the Steam Edition FSX

Also I use the box for fsxse when asked.

Ernie C
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2017 at 11:19pm
Did you ever have FSX boxed installed before? If so, is it still there or did you uninstall it?

In the UTX Install Manager do you also see a box for FSX Boxed as well as FSX Steam Edition?

Jeff

erniec49 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erniec49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2017 at 4:58am
I finally got Ultimate Terrain program to load.
After many trials and errors it gust decided to work for me.
Thank u for your help
Ernie C.
Ernie C
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic