SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Terrain and XpressSim Products > Ultimate Terrain And XpressSim Support
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - [Solved] Ultimate Terrain Setup Tool Malfunction
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

[Solved] Ultimate Terrain Setup Tool Malfunction

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DomineO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [Solved] Ultimate Terrain Setup Tool Malfunction
    Posted: July-18-2017 at 10:38pm
This is a reinstall of UT X USA.  A Motherboard failure lead to a total update rebuild.  My issue is that the Setup Tool Validates fine and shows that it is Active fine.  However, when I attempt to change any item from Active to Inactive or vice-versa, by pressing that current status button the dash bar show it worked but the status does not change. This is on USA version 2.1 but when checking Europe which is version 1, the same results occur.   Both old and new builds are with Windows 7 Ultimate.  One difference is that the old build operating system was on a HDD and the new one is on M.2 SSD.  It was a long time since I set the last UT settings.  Any ideas what I may be missing?  Thanks! 

BobD
quantumleap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2017 at 11:59pm
As noted in our UTX Setup Tool FAQ (for all our UTX FAQs):

Quote Q. When I click on a feature's Active/Inactive button to try and change it, the progress bar moves but the button stays the same. How can I fix this?
A. If you are not able to enable/disable a UTX feature in the UTX Setup Tool, this is usually caused by duplicate scenery files with both a .BGL (active) and .XXX (inactive) file extension. We have a diagnostic feature built into the UTX Setup Tool to correct these sort of things.

- Start the UTX Setup Tool
- After the initial self-validation checks have been completed hold down the CTRL+SHIFT+R keys at the same time.
- Follow the instructions to let it look for and fix up any duplicate files.

Also remember to always run the UTX Setup Tool by right-clicking on it and selecting "Run as administrator".

Jeff

Check out my aviation photography and digital art at Photisify
DomineO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DomineO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2017 at 10:51pm
That fixed it.  Thanks Jeff!!  Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic