SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Terrain and XpressSim Products > Ultimate Terrain And XpressSim Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

[Solved] Newbie question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unc1rlm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [Solved] Newbie question
    Posted: January-08-2017 at 3:05pm
I have utx v2.1 for p3dv3. I just installed GEP3D. I am not upgrading. I downloaded the patch for utx 2.1 USA  for p3dv3. I have no other flight sims like fsx or anything..When I run setup...where's the best place to put it. Inside p3d or program files? Also I notices on the data side it asked for part2 of data..nothing labeled part2. So I used this file? UtxUSAV21Data.exe...

Which file... is part2?

Thanks

Bob M.
akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2017 at 4:40pm
Hi Bob,

I am not sure that I am following you 100%. 

I am assuming that you are just now trying to install UTX USA V2.1 for the first time.  And, you had previously installed GEX for P3D.    If that is correct, the patch instructions below should tell you exactly what to do.

When you install UTX USA for the first time it automatically starts the install manager for UTX USA.    However, it will not detect P3D V3.   So, what you do is exit the install manager and then install the patch at the location indicated in the patch instructions above.   What this patch does is to allow the UTX USA Install Manager to detect P3D V3.

After doing the previous steps you must restart the install manager for UTX USA, select p3D V3 as your platform and continue.

You do not enter any path for Part 2 of the installer.  just continue as the Install Manager knows where to put it.

Hope this helps.  If not, we can clarify later.

Allen

unc1rlm View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unc1rlm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2017 at 6:56am
Worked like a charm. Thank you Allen. I had prev tried to install GEPD and UTX but failed miserably..not knowing what I was doing.

Thanks,
Bob M.
akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2017 at 2:51pm
Glad it is working Bob.    I think it is time we integrated the P3D V3 patch into the full UTX Europe and USA installers.   I have put this on the plate of things to do in the next month.
Allen

bankheadd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bankheadd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2017 at 11:48am
I'm having the same issue but I followed your steps here and got USA to install but I can't get Europe to work and I have not tried Canada. The install manager can't find the simulator? I have installed the following patches (IMUTXUSAPATCHP3P3D / UTXUSA22PATCHWRAPPER)?
i7 980x @ 4.3GB/12GB 1600/ EVGA GTX 580SC/X-Fi Pro/Crucial MX100 512GB FSX /Crucial MX300 1TB WIN7 /SAMSUNG 24" PX2370/ENERMAX REV85+ 950/SilverStone TJ11 /H80iX
quantumleap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2017 at 4:48pm
While you may have installed the patches as clearly indicated in Allen's reply you need to follow the provided instructions in the accompanying documentation (mentioned in this thread) i.e. did you interrupt the UTX Europe install at the required stage and then run the UTX P3D patch?

Are you running the installers and patched by right-clicking on them and selecting "Run as administrator"?

Friendly note - posting the same or similar question multiple times in reply to old posts and in new posts makes it a lot more difficult to provide the support you are looking for.

Jeff

Check out my aviation photography and digital art at Photisify
bankheadd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bankheadd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2017 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by quantumleap quantumleap wrote:

While you may have installed the patches as clearly indicated in Allen's reply you need to follow the provided instructions in the accompanying documentation (mentioned in this thread) i.e. did you interrupt the UTX Europe install at the required stage and then run the UTX P3D patch?

Are you running the installers and patched by right-clicking on them and selecting "Run as administrator"?

Friendly note - posting the same or similar question multiple times in reply to old posts and in new posts makes it a lot more difficult to provide the support you are looking for.

Jeff

Hey Jeff thanks for the advice I ended up figuring it out with the help of people on the forum, the biggest problem I ran into was the fact that I didn't see this info all in one place as I started with GEP3D and then I purchased UTXUSA, CANADA & EUROPE for prepar3d I followed the instructions with but I didn't find all the info I needed with those downloads? If everything one would need to install the software was in the same place or a guide would be great I just didn't find everything without having to ask on the forum.
i7 980x @ 4.3GB/12GB 1600/ EVGA GTX 580SC/X-Fi Pro/Crucial MX100 512GB FSX /Crucial MX300 1TB WIN7 /SAMSUNG 24" PX2370/ENERMAX REV85+ 950/SilverStone TJ11 /H80iX
akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2017 at 12:49pm
Thanks for the constructive feedback.    I very much agree with what you said.
Allen

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic