SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Ground Environment X Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

[SOLVED] GEX - incorrect serial number

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [SOLVED] GEX - incorrect serial number
    Posted: October-29-2017 at 8:30am

Having previously (a couple of years ago), bought a boxed copy of 'GEX - North America' and just recently successfully installed it in FSX-SE with the patch.

I've just purchased a boxed copy 'GEX - Africa & Middle East' (works with FS:Steam Edition, on the box).

After installing and entering correctly the registration details, I get the message 'You have entered the incorrect serial number'.

I ran the GEX Interface program and got the message 'License check for GEX Africa & Middle East has FAILED etc'.

I tried to resolve the problem by trying the list of fixes. i.e. 'Disable Windows UAC etc'.

I uninstalled, then reinstalled and tried again. No luck the same happened.

Any Idea's what to try next to resolve the problem.

Thanks Ian.

Ian S
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2017 at 1:31pm
I assume the purchase came from a authorized online retailer or a reputable source. 

Make sure you are reading the serial number correctly. In the past people have mistaken a zero for the letter O, and visa-versa, or the number one for a lower case L

It does not read to me you are having security software issues, just a problem with the serial number.

Past my suggestion of looking at the number carefully, there is nothing I can help with if the serial number is a misprint however Flight1 can help and get you squared away.

Open a ticket with Flight1, reference this thread and explain the problem. http://www.flight1.com/ticket.asp

This is Sunday so they may not get back to you till tomorrow.

Once you have it squared away and ENABLED in FSX, be sure to check for updates in the interface.
Spiderman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2017 at 4:44am
Thanks for your help.
Purchase was from a reputable source and was brand new.

No O's 0's i's or l's in serial number.

Will open a ticket.
Ian S
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2017 at 9:47pm
Thumbs Up  Flight1 handles all the wrapper/serial issues. I have no access to that here.

Keep me informed to make sure this gets squared away. I am sure it will.
Spiderman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2017 at 4:06pm
I sent the Serial number & screen shot this morning [ UK Time ]. As requested on the ticket.

I selected the attachment [Browse], but it just inserted the location on my PC.

They are still requesting the screen shot.

I found the 'File Attachments on Tickets' on the forums. Slightly different to the actual ticket I got. Still not attaching. Tried cut & paste & drag & drop.

Any Ideas. [ I will try again in the morning ].

Thanks again
Ian.
Ian S
Jeff Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2017 at 6:27pm
Hello Ian,

I responded to your ticket again with an alternative.

Cheers!
Keep the Blue Side UP! - Flight1 Sales / Customer Support
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2017 at 9:54pm
Thanks Jeff!
Spiderman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2017 at 6:39am
Hi Nick,

Jeff has passed me back to the support forum.

The new serial number worked fine & it installed successfully. But had problems with the GEX interface. But before I start a new topic, I'm going to do a clean install on my laptop and see what happens.

Thanks Ian.
Ian S
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2017 at 7:15pm
Make sure to run all wrappers/installers as administrator with AV/Malware scanners off, and, after install into Windows set the entire GEX interface directory to be excluded from such scans. http://www.simforums.com/forums/av-settings-delete-the-gex-and-gep3d-interface_topic49654.html

When ever you run the interface always use right click, run as administrator.
Spiderman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2017 at 6:48am
Hi Nick,

I've just installed GEX-Africa on my lap top and the same thing has happened. Installed OK.
But on the GEX interface program get the same message 'License check failed for GEX-Africa' should I start a new post ?

Thanks again
Ian.
Ian S
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2017 at 6:23pm
'License check failed ..

You MUST unwrap the product to install the license...  the purchase wrapper. The program installer does not install the license file.

With the original purchase wrapper, Use the "Click Here To Reinstall button, then use key and password

The wrapper installs the license file into the directory C:\Flight One Software

You can remove the GEX installer from that directory, but not the license file (.lic)

You must make sure that when you run the wrapper to right click and select Run As Administrator too

Let me know if what I just posted fixes the issue.
Spiderman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2017 at 4:50am
Hi Nick,
I reinstalled every thing again yesterday on my PC.
GEX - North America with steam patch no problem.
Could not activate GEX -Africa even with the reactivation program Jeff sent. Got message 'There were too many installation attemps on this serial number. '

Also:-
What is the purchase wrapper ?
I don't have a directory called C:\Flight One software ? (I do have Flight one software embedded in three other directories.)

Thanks Ian.

Ian S
Jeff Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2017 at 5:47pm
Ian,

I reset the serial number for you again and gave you a link on how to reset it in the future automatically. Hopefully, you can get these reinstall issues resolved.
Keep the Blue Side UP! - Flight1 Sales / Customer Support
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2017 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by Spiderman Spiderman wrote:

Hi Nick,
I reinstalled every thing again yesterday on my PC.
GEX - North America with steam patch no problem.
Could not activate GEX -Africa even with the reactivation program Jeff sent. Got message 'There were too many installation attemps on this serial number. '

Also:-
What is the purchase wrapper ?
I don't have a directory called C:\Flight One software ? (I do have Flight one software embedded in three other directories.)

Thanks Ian.

I forgot you are not using the download version of the product but the disk version.

I am not versed in how the DVD's work with creating the license

This is just for a FYI - "Purchase Wrapper" You wouldn't use this because you have the DVD version not the download however I will explain what that is.

The purchase wrapper is the red airplane icon files, the files you download from Flight1 to initially purchase, or, unwrap to install the product in example, these links are from the Flight1 product page is GEX Africa-Middle East

These files are very large and we suggest the use of a download manager

Primary Server:

http://flight1.100megabyte.com/F1-GEX-AFME.exe 1.39GB

http://flight1.100megabyte.com/F1-GEX-AFME.000 1.42GB

With both files in a folder on the desktop, right click the red airplane EXE and select "Run as Administrator". When the wrapper starts use the "Click Here To Reinstall button, then use your key and password to decompress the product and install the license file.

The wrapper creates and installs the license file into the directory C:\Flight One Software

In your case I am not sure how Flight1 designed the DVD setups to install the license. I thought they would be similar in creating the license file and placing it in C:\Flight One Software

Are you saying that GEX North America is working fine now and its just GEX Africa-Middle East not working?  Did you try again after Jeff reset your install count?

Spiderman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2017 at 11:56am
Hi Nick,

Yes, GEX-NA is working fine. GEX-AFME still not working , after resetting Jeff's install count.

I've downloaded the files from the links you sent. I've asked Jeff if I can use the key he sent me.

Not sure about a password ? I'm going to buy the download for GEX-Europe, so if I set up an account, will this be the password?

Thanks Ian.
Ian S
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2017 at 1:15pm
Strange,...   Not sure what the issue is with the AFME DVD. The only other suggestion I can make with the AFME DVD is to make a folder on the desktop and copy all files from the DVD to that folder, then using RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR run the startup and try using the new key you were given.

If that doesn't work then its probably best to move to the download version but you will need something different for that.

You can use a Key and Password, or Your Flight1 Account information in the "Click Here to Reinstall" section of the wrapper. But, if you use the account information method the product must be associated to your Flight1 account.

So, you need the key file and the password that is usually sent when you purchase the product through the Wrapper (which you don't have), or, you can use the Flight1 account information associated with the purchase which right now the DVD version isn't

I will need to hand you back to Jeff to get that squared away..  I will email him and ask him to help but as I recall he is off Thursdays.

If you want to go ahead and establish a Flight1 Account, test it, then you can use the download purchase wrapper method for GEX Europe or any other GEX product in the future at any time.

Seems to me something is wrong with the GEX AFME DVD you have. I'll let Jeff know and just have him issue you a key and password for the GEX AFME download.

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2017 at 6:56pm
I emailed Jeff and asked him to give you a download key and password for the download version of GEX AFME. He should get back to you tomorrow as I don't think he works Thursdays
Spiderman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2017 at 11:12am
Hi Nick,

GEX-AFME working now. Looks great. A lot better than the FSX scenery.

I'm going to buy the GEX-Europe shorty. I just want check first, If my UK add on scenery will still take precedence (being at the top of the scenery library) over GEX-Europe.

Many thanks for all your help over the past few weeks.
Ian.
Ian S
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2017 at 11:21am
As the manual states..   GEX replaces the default textures, there is no scenery library level, therefore anything you install will override GEX where the scenery appears. Your addon airports or region scenery will overlay GEX just like it overlays default, no difference.

Glad you got the AFME install working. Anything you buy with respect to GEX in the future will lay under what ever scenery you install, automatically.

Its that simple with this product!

Thumbs Up

Just a FYI.. Landclass makes a lot of difference. The landclass is the data file that tells the sim what textures to use based on world data. Back in the day there was Xclass (cloud9) landclass where in some areas their product made a lot of difference in Africa. SceneryTech is still around and makes a decent Landclass for Africa f the price  https://www.scenerytech.com/products/landclass/africa.htm

They also make a landclass for Europe, although I would only use it for northern Europe (Alps including North)

Spiderman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2017 at 2:03pm
Thanks for the info Nick.

Going to download GEX-Europe now. Will finish off purchase and install tomorrow morning.

Have you tried 'little navmap'  it's a fantastic bit of software, runs along side FSX (I have 2 monitors). And it's free. Only been using it for a few weeks.

Ian.
Ian S
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2017 at 3:35pm
No, I haven't

Glad you got the license problem squared away! Thumbs Up

Use the same outline I posted above for any other download from Flight1 Cool

Sorry about the DVD problem..   Flight1 deals with that directly. Beer 

Spiderman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2017 at 5:08am
Hi Nick,
Purchased GEX-Europe yesterday. Installed fine.

Thanks again for all your help.

Ian.

Ian S
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2017 at 11:43am
Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic