SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Ground Environment X Series
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - [SOLVED] Cant enable Tropical America Caribbean V2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

[SOLVED] Cant enable Tropical America Caribbean V2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [SOLVED] Cant enable Tropical America Caribbean V2
    Posted: December-02-2017 at 2:04am
I just installed Ultimate Terrain X Tropical America and Caribbean V2 and I am not able to enable it in GEX. When I click on the tab for this, nothing happens. Any advice?
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2017 at 1:21pm
That would suggest that UTX Tropical America may not have install to the default location inside the Flight Sim main directory where it should be located.

The GEX interface reads the <FLIGHT SIM INSTALL>\Flight One Software\UtTacFsx directory and scans for a file in that directory. If the directory or the file is not present the GEX interface will not enable the UT TAC feature for access and switching.

When you ran the UTX Tropical America install manager, did you allow the installer to install the UTX TAC product in its predefined location for the simulator or did you browse it elsewhere outside that location?

If you are not sure, please check inside your main Flightsim directory \Flight One Software folder, there should be a folder for each version of UTX you have installed in that directory. In the case of UTX Tropical it will be UtTacFsx. Inside that directory there should be 4 folders and 10 files including a file named: TAC.XML which is what the GEX interface reads.

If that is not present, that is why the GEX interface cant enable the feature GEX For UTX Tropical America and Caribbean

Please let mew know what you find.

Scott59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2017 at 2:08pm
yes, UtTac is in the location you posted. Should I uninstall then reinstall or might there be another solution to look at
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2017 at 2:22pm
As long as the file TAC.XML is in the UtTacFsx directory and that is your only Flightsim install on the computer, I am a bit at a loss to understand why the GEX interface is not recognizing the feature.

Questions:

1. Open the GEX interface. 4th main header down: GEX Atlantic and Pacific Tropics, is it listed as 'ENABLED in FSX'?

That feature must be enabled before it allows use of the: GEX for UTX Tropical American and Caribbean

2. If the above is true, can you scroll the mouse pointer and place a bullet in the circle in front of  GEX for UTX Tropical American and Caribbean? and does the bullet visually appear?

3. If 1 and 2 are true, if you then click the ENABLE button at the bottom of the interface what happens?  Does a progress bar appear?  Does it change from DISABLEDin FSX to ENABLED in FSX?

Let me where it may fail from the questions I outlined above.

Scott59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2017 at 3:11pm
here is where it is located
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Flight One Software\UtTacFsx
and TAC.xml is is in the UtTacFsx folder. Do I need Ground Environment X Atlantic and Pacific Tropics Installed. I dont have that
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2017 at 3:30pm
Yes..  That is why you cant access it.

That is true for any UTX region updates we provide. The GEX region must be installed and enabled or the UTX components provided would not work right.

The UTX TAC feature is made specifically for that GEX region. If the GEX region is not installed then the UTX features the GEX APT region would provide wont work therefore the interface does not allow access until such time as it is safe to use.

You will find that on the top of page 8 in the GEX Manual (Help button)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic