SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Cessna 162 SkyCatcher
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Skycatcher FREEWARE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hitower_fs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Skycatcher FREEWARE
    Posted: April-26-2017 at 5:50am
Just installed the freeware catcher an hour ago into P3Dv3.4 but PFD, MFD and COM does not work. Only Transponder works fine. Don't get the 2D panels pop up for PFD&MFD either. Tried AUTOSTART, loaded the Bonanza first, restarted P3D but got no improvement.

Any ideas would be greatThumbs Up

thanks
cal2177 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal2177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2017 at 8:19am
According to the product page, the Skycatcher is FSX only. I don't have P3D myself but maybe someone has found a way to make it work in P3D.
John Patterson
ebgee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebgee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2017 at 10:54am
Yes... that has been the stock answer for several years now.  However, things change.  

I'm one of the few that bought this plane when it was released and, what's more, I actually enjoyed flying it.  I was more than a bit disappointed when it couldn't follow me on to P3D. So I was excited to learn that F1 had re-released it as freeware, compatible with P3D V3x. Unfortunately, I'm having the same problems as the OP. I'm not sure if there's a .dll that's not getting installed properly, or errors with the different file structure and locations in P3D, and I don't have FSX installed on this PC to see what the original working installation looked like. My P3D installation is on it's own HD, I've tried running the installer as admin, still no PFD, MFD or COM. Kind of a bummer.

ebgee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebgee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2017 at 12:44pm
Ok... I found an answer that worked for me.  C162 is now working properly in P3D V3.4... as well as the Level-D 767 which I couldn't get working either.  What I had to do was install all of the old versions of SimConnect.  In the P3D install folder, go to \redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib\SimConnect.msi and run that installer.  Then, back in the \Interface folder, do the same thing for FSX-SP1, FSX-RTM, and ESPv1.  I ran them all, so I don't know which one did the trick.  You could be more selective and try and check each one by one, but I don't believe there are any ill effects to having all versions installed.
Mike Cameron View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Cameron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2017 at 3:11pm
I installed all of the simconnects into P3D 3.4, database is properly located but still no joy.  Verified anti virus was setup correctly but still no airports or other waypoints.  I finally went back to the previous free version, still had on my hard drive.  Have the error messages but at least I have the airports and other waypoints.  Am I missing something if I do not use the version with the database update file?

Thanks,
Mike

Avsim Reviewer
AirDailyX Reviewer
paulsk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulsk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2017 at 2:23pm
Me too. Recently installed the Free Skycather 162 in Prepar3Dv4 but only black PFD and black MFD.
Dutchman living in Lisbon, Portugal. 1st flightsim on an Apple ][ in end 70's
fsafranek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fsafranek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2017 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by paulsk paulsk wrote:

Me too. Recently installed the Free Skycather 162 in Prepar3Dv4 but only black PFD and black MFD.

It was originally related to poor framerates but as I say at the end of my second post I now have a functioning Skycatcher in P3D v4.

Hope this helps.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic