SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Terrain Series > Support for all the 'Ultimate' Series of Terrain Products
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scenery library order?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote udidwht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scenery library order?
    Posted: May-31-2012 at 6:42pm
As for the order within the FSX Scenery library where would/should the UTX entries be with regards to others such as FS Global 2010, 3rd party airport add-ons, Megascenery add-ons, Aerosoft add-ons such as Manhattan X, San Fran X?

UTX above or below all? I also have some Japan airport add-ons/scenery installed as well from the following site: http://fsx.o.oo7.jp/index.htm I have Tokyo, Kyoto, Yokohama, Osaka, Nagoya and Kobe installed they are currently above the UTX entries within the library order.
Win764BitSP1
GigabyteGAZ68XP-UD3
i52500K
8GBDDR3RAM
XFXHDRadeon68701GBGDDR5256bit
1TBSeagateSATA3 32mbcache
1TBHitachiSATA 2 32mbcache
LGBlueRaywriter
SoundBlasterX-fiXtremeGamer
Antec650wPSU
quantumleap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2012 at 10:46pm
Firstly, always keep the UTX entries in the same relative order to themselves as they were installed. They should all be above any default FSX entries.

As for how to layer UTX as a whole with your other scenery add-ons the general recommendation is that you layer more geographically specific scenery like airports and cities above less geographically specific scenery like countries and continents.

In the case of landclass scenery add-ons, UTX allows layering of these inbetween its own landclass layers. How to do this is explained in the UTX manual installed with the product and in the UTX FAQs in this forum.

Jeff

Check out my aviation photography and digital art at Photisify
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic