SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Terrain and XpressSim Products > Ultimate Terrain And XpressSim Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sand sqaures in UTX Canada

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ols500 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sand sqaures in UTX Canada
    Posted: September-04-2017 at 3:42pm
Hello I love UTX textures but in UTX Canada I get weird sand textures... I don't live in Canada but i'm sure they don't have masses of sand... Anywho here are the screenshots please have a look.

If you need anything else please ask 
-many thanks Ols
Learn.Fly sims.Fly real.retir.be happy
quantumleap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2017 at 7:14pm
The link provided gives a "This page doesn't exist" so we cannot check it. Make sure when you do post a screenshot that you include lat/lon co-ordinates so we can compare.

Apart from specific custom textures for things like gold courses, cemeteries, parks, etc., UTX is not a texture replacement program like say GEX.

What you say is sand is more than likely the default summer grass texture i.e. light brown. If you are flying over areas like the prairies of Saskatchewan then you will see a lot of it.

Jeff

Check out my aviation photography and digital art at Photisify
ols500 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ols500 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2017 at 1:33am
thanks jeff you are correct :)
Learn.Fly sims.Fly real.retir.be happy
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2017 at 7:24am
Like Jeff said.. post an image

If it is a landclass issue I or Jeff can tell you

GEX or GEP3D does not place sand or other textures, however UTX does place textures with landclass data

This might be the image you wanted to post: https://ibb.co/cCPsbv

If there are textures that appear out of place, please post images with location data. We can evaluate the location and define the problem.

Default FSX/P3D with UTX landclass probably does show lousy render of grassland..  but GEX/GEP3D with proper landclass, doesn't.

To create a realistic render it requires both upgraded landclass and upgraded textures.

Using UTX alone may deliver poor results since it does not replace the texture calls.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic