SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Scenery and Mission Making Tools
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

rotating scenery in skew mode

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papajuliet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: rotating scenery in skew mode
    Posted: July-23-2017 at 5:11am
I've used IS ever since it came out. In the last couple of days I'm finding that the scenery is rotating wildly around as soon as I start IS. It has happened momentarily in the past but soon corrected itself with a bit of jiggling with the controls. This time it won't and has happened at all airfields I've visited. The rotating can be stopped for a few seconds by a quick use of the rudder pedals or the flightstick but it starts again before I can place a scenery object.
   I've calibrated and recalibrated the controls and it's made no difference. A friend of mine, who bought IS on my recommendation, had the same thing happen as soon as he started the program and he's given up in disgust.
   I'm using a Cyborg flightstick with ProPedals. I disconnected the Saitek throttles and trim wheel thinking they might be the cause but it's made no difference.
   Can anyone suggest a solution ?
FrankBarbosa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankBarbosa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2017 at 1:30pm
Does the same thing happen when you enter slew mode without being in, or even loading, IS? I'd be willing to bet you have a conflict in your input devices. Disable all of them in the controls config menu in your sim and then slew around using the keyboard, see what happens and let us know the results. This has happened to me and it was always due to a problem in my controller setup, such as two controllers set to perform the same action and fighting it out, so to speak.
papajuliet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papajuliet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2017 at 6:46pm
Thank you Frank
I think you're right. I disabled the flight controls. Used the num pad - no rotation. I re-enabled the controls and the rotation started again.
Never having used the num pad in slew mode before I must say it's a slow and painful process. I find that the num pad gives no movement in the top down view. Don't know if that's right - seems odd to me.
I'm puzzled why the rotation has suddenly started to the extent it has. No changes have been made in the controls. Everything was normal until a few days ago.
Any more thoughts please ?
ualani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ualani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2017 at 8:46am
To use slew mode with the keyboard or num pad you need to custom configure  keys to do things like top down view, rotate view, pan, tilt, etc. You should be able to easily find a list of the default keyboard slew control settings. I slew with the keyboard all the time. Also, go into the controls setup menu and disable anything inputs in the slew section that are read by all of your controllers and make sure sure that the only slew inputs come from the keyboard. That should cure your problem.
papajuliet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papajuliet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2017 at 9:29am
Well - after a great deal of tinkering around with keyboard, calibrating etc, my sim, at last, seems to have settled down to it's old self.
Thank you both for pointing me in the right direction.
ualani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ualani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2017 at 5:52pm
No problem. Been there, done that!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic