SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion Forums > Hardware, Software, and Computer Technology
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Replacement Monitor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Replacement Monitor
    Posted: January-12-2018 at 12:05pm
I want to replace my 24" 1920x1200 Samsung. I split 50/50 between Flying and Office work.

I want something 30-34"  the question is Flat or Curved, 16:9 or 21:9, 4K or less.

What are your experience/preferences ?
Would an extra wide curved be great for SIM but not good for office work?

All opinions will be appreciated.

Keith

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2018 at 5:03pm
what video card, CPU, CPU speed and Sim platform? (FSX/FSXSE/P3D) and. are you using exceptionally heavy addons such as airports and/or region or area scenery
Keith L View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2018 at 6:48am
Hi Nick

Currently running an i7 4770K @ 4.0,  GTX780,  4GB DDR3 2400 CL9, ASUS Z87 Pro.

I am using FSX Acceleration at moment.

Likely I will move over to either P3Dv4 or X-Plane v11 later this year at which time I will update RAM and probably go to a 1060 card.

I interested at moment on the views of the different types of monitor, in particular benefits of curved, and/or widescreen recognising that I do Office work also on the system.

By the way with respect to RAM I will be looking later for 16GB. Which is best 1x16, 2x8, 4x4?.

Keith
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic