SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Heli Traffic 2009 and FSDiscover Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Reduced fps?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich12545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reduced fps?
    Posted: December-23-2014 at 10:03am
After finally getting FSDiscover to work in FSX, I was surprised to see that it lowered fps by 3-5 when used in the sim.  Like showing the airport info while flying.  This made no sense and I never noticed it in FS9.  How can just putting that info on the screen lower fps so much?  Or even at all?
FSDiscoverer View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSDiscoverer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2014 at 10:16am
This is very strange, the FPS impact shouldn't be noticeable (unless you have hundreds of labels).

Do you get a lot of airport labels? Does the FPS impact drop if you reduce the visibility radius for airport labels?

rich12545 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich12545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2014 at 11:28am
Yeah, I also thought it was kind of strange.  It was a rural area with not very many labels.  Now that I know it's not supposed to happen, I'll try it out some more and see.  It seems like FSX is very skittish on my computer anyway as I've written about.  I'd rather stay with it but it's still kind of flaky and I still might go back to FS9.  I'll decide for sure in the next week or so.  Anyway, I'll give it some more tries in the next couple of days and if I can figure anything out, I'll post again.

The other problem turned out that flight1 wrappers don't like to open while in windows explorer in my present computer that I got earlier this year.  On the desktop they work fine.  So it seems this computer is a bit strange.  It doesn't seem to like flight1 and it doesn't seem to like FSX.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic