SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > EZdok Software
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Record and Replay FSX Flights Using EZdok?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianLittlewood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Record and Replay FSX Flights Using EZdok?
    Posted: August-22-2017 at 12:52pm
The question is can this be done with EZdok and how would I do it?

I have FSX on a windows 10 PC. I have a GeForce graphics card feeding 3 HD displays. I record flights for analysis purposes because I fly real helicopters and like to practise them on FSX and then review them. I used to do this using FS Recorder but this is no longer possible. So I'm looking to do the recording and playback, on the same displays, using a different add-on that will do the job.

I don't need the software to edit or broadcast the recordings. I just want to record selected flights and be able to play them back later, just as they appeared on the 3 displays as they were flown. Would I be able to do this if I installed EZdok?

Looking forward to your input folks,

Brian
Nickbe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nickbe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2017 at 8:43am
EZdok has no built-in recording function of flight, but works fine with FSRecorder and a built-in feature FSX/P3D Replay. Not very clear what you mean by recording 3 displays?
Ezdok Camera v.2 Beta-test team   {Sorry for my English. It's not my native language. I really hope that I understand written English.}
BrianLittlewood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianLittlewood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2017 at 1:24pm
Thanks for your response Nickbe.

I run FSX on a PC. The PC has a graphics card which is connected to 3 flat screen displays. The displays show an extended (sideways) view, you might call this a panoramic view, of a single window produced by FSX. The view is of the scene produced by the flight simulator of everything seen in front of and to either side of the pilot's seat. The centrre display/monitor shows what's directly in front of the pilot. The left monitor shows what the pilot sees if he looks to the left. The right display shows exactly what the pilot would see if he looked out of his right hand window in the cockpit. Three different images as they would appear ro the helicopter's pilot as the flight progresses.

I want to record all of these on selected flights. Then, afterwards, I want to play back the "movie", on the same displays so as to see exactly the same as the displays showed during the original flight.

It has been said on the web that EZdok can do this. I want to make sure that it can and find out how to make this happen before installing the software.

Forsome unknown reason I cannot use FSRecorder with FSX.

Any ideas?

Brian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianLittlewood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2017 at 12:11pm
Come on everyone, please. No help at all on my question so far and I must have described the problem clearly enough.

I've seen statements that EZdok will record from 3 displays/sources but no-one has confirmed this and one forum says EZdok does not record!

So which is true? Is there nobody out there to answer this simple question? Anyone from EZdok? Anyone who's succeeded in doing what I'm trying to do? Or tried and failed?

Or am I on the wrong forum?
Nickbe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nickbe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2017 at 4:23pm
You still have not written how you want to record video? With the help of what program? EZdok is a camera system, it has no recording functions. In addition EZdok only works on one monitor from 3.
Ezdok Camera v.2 Beta-test team   {Sorry for my English. It's not my native language. I really hope that I understand written English.}

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianLittlewood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2017 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by Nickbe Nickbe wrote:

You still have not written how you want to record video? With the help of what program? EZdok is a camera system, it has no recording functions. In addition EZdok only works on one monitor from 3.

Thanks for coming back Nickbe.

How do I want to record video? An application on my PC (called FSX,by Microsoft) puts images on 3 displays plugged into the Nvidea card I mentioned earlier. The images are the video I want to record. The video is produced, on 3 displays, by the programme Microsoft FSX.

If EZdok is, as you say, a camera system I presume it takes pictures of things. Can it take moving pictures? Can it take these pictures from a video sequence produced by a programme (FSX in this case) and appearing on one of the displays connected to my PC's graphics card? And can it take pictures from all 3 displays connected to my Nvidea graphics card?

Please comment if I still haven't provided enough information.

All the best,

Brian
natcret View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natcret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2017 at 5:04pm
Let me see if I can help make this clearer.  EZDOK is not a tool designed to capture pictures nor is it a recording tool.  As Nickbe has explained, EZdok is a tool that provides the user with enhanced view control within Flight Simulator as well as visual effects.  I think this is where you are getting confused.   

It is not a true camera system designed to take pictures or record video.  EZDOK modifies the FSX view camera system to allow better control over the views while also providing visual effects.

Specifically related to the FSX recording function, if you make a recording using the FSX native recorder, then it will record your flight. However, it does not record your view settings while you are flying which is what EZDOK affects.  However, while watching your FSX replay, you can changes your camera views.   This would also mean that while the replay is running, you could use EZDOK to change views.  However, it does not change the replay nor does it imbed itself as part of the replay.

In other words, EZDOK is not a replacement for FSRecorder.  However, if I may suggest, take a look at OBS Studio.   Not only is it free, but it may meet what you are looking to do, and best of all, it captures what is on your screen.  I am not sure of how it would work with your three screen setup, but it may be worth a try.

Best regards.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianLittlewood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2017 at 8:31am
Many thanks natcret and nickbe, I now understand.I'll look into your suggestions with fingers crossed.

All the best,

Brian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianLittlewood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2017 at 1:31pm
Many thanks natcret and nickbe, I now understand.I'll look into your suggestions with fingers crossed.

All the best,

Brian
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic