SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > Reality XP - Unofficial Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRealityXP GNS430 Freezes FSX on long flights

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flightstar11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RealityXP GNS430 Freezes FSX on long flights
    Posted: September-24-2016 at 2:19pm
Hello, 

I recently purchased the Reality XP GNS 430 WAAS and am having troubles with it freezing FSX. It works fine for 40 minutes or so and then it will freeze the game. The only way out after it freezes is to end the FSX process from the task manager. I have looked at the forms and tried several different things but nothing works. I disabled virtual themes, made sure that DEP was on "for essential Windows programs only" and I do not have AVG or Kapersky. I have also not modified the process priority (I don't even know what that means). I uninstalled the software and FSX ran normally again. I re-installed the software and had the same problem. 

Software Information:
GNS 430 WAAS for FSX/9
Version: 9 1.6.0.1

System Information: 
Intel i7-3610QM @ 2.30 Ghz
8 GB RAM
64-Bit operating system
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1
 nVidia GeForce GTX 660M 2,048MB PCI-Express GDDR5 DX1

*** I tried to submit a ticket on the reality XP technical support page but when I clicked submit, it said "The server is unable to process the request at this time: You are coming from an unauthorized domain." ***

Please help! 
Thanks, 
-Austin

Bert Pieke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bert Pieke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2016 at 5:20pm
My suggestion is to ask for a refund from Flight1, and buy the recently released Flight1 GNS430.

It comes with Flight1 support.

The RXP GNS is abandonware, unfortunately..
Bert
Rimshot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rimshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2016 at 10:53am
Originally posted by Bert Pieke Bert Pieke wrote:

The RXP GNS is abandonware, unfortunately..

Well, not anymore! Check their site:

It seems the Garmins will be updated! And there is more coming
Best,
Bert

Intel i7-4970K
8 GB RAM
MSI GTX970
Windows 10 Home
Bert Pieke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bert Pieke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2016 at 11:07am
Well, well!

That looks exciting!   Especially for XPlane users..

Hope the support matches the marketing
Bert
Rimshot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rimshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2016 at 11:12am
Originally posted by Bert Pieke Bert Pieke wrote:

Hope the support matches the marketing

The latter looks good indeed. As a Prepar3D user I'm curious about the upgrade options for my Reality XP Garmins for FSX.
Best,
Bert

Intel i7-4970K
8 GB RAM
MSI GTX970
Windows 10 Home
flightstar11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flightstar11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2016 at 1:55pm
Well, it freezes my FSX so I wouldn't call that compatible! Does the Flight 1 GNS 430 have all the capabilities of the 430?
TheLurk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheLurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2016 at 2:10pm
yes it does, with the exception of traffic and crossfill, which will come at a later stage everything else is present.

i did a review of these units so you can go check it out here and see for yourself: 

what RXP are doing is interesting, especially the G5/600...i somewhat doubt their p3d version of the gtn or updates to the gns are a real competition to what flight1 have done 
Tobias G.
flightstar11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flightstar11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2016 at 2:17pm
I asked Flight 1 for a refund and to purchase the Flight 1 GNS430 instead like you recommended
Rimshot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rimshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2016 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by TheLurk TheLurk wrote:

...with the exception of traffic and crossfill, which will come at a later stage...

How do you know this?
Best,
Bert

Intel i7-4970K
8 GB RAM
MSI GTX970
Windows 10 Home
TheLurk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheLurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2016 at 2:23pm
because it says so on the product page Tongue

"Crossfill/TCAD features will be available as a plug-in (for an additional cost) in the future. "
Tobias G.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic