SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Terrain and XpressSim Products > Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

->QLRP4UT version 2.00 released

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ->QLRP4UT version 2.00 released
    Posted: March-17-2006 at 12:21pm
QLRP4UT version 2.00 is now available with support for Ultimate Terrain Europe

The new version of the Quantumleap Repositioning Project for Ultimate Terrain (QLRP4UT), which includes support for the newly released Ultimate Terrain Europe, is now available for download at http://www.qlrp4ut.com .

This update:

- Adds support and respositions nearly 150 custom bridge and building objects for use with Ultimate Terrain Europe.
- Moves some Florida objects out of main file into their own file to allow users of FreeFlow Florida UT to switch them off.
- Moves Hawaiian objects out of main file into their own file to allow users of Meshman's Aloha Adventures Phase 2 Scenery to switch them off.
- Moves some Pittsburgh objects out of main file into their own file to allow users of Camilo Forero's Pittsburgh Scenery to switch them off.
- Updates the QLRP4UT Configuration Tool.
- Updates QLRP4UT semi-automatic installer to also act as an upgrader for previous versions.
- Fix for Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia.
- Fix for Glen Canyon Dam in Arizona.
- Contains all fixes and updates from previous releases.

For those of you who do not know about QLRP4UT, here's a brief introduction.

** First came Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004. You flew around and had fun. Then you made a really good choice and purchased Ultimate Terrain. Now you got to fly around over highly accurate coastlines, lakes, roads and railroads and say "Look, that's my street down there!". You however also started to notice that the bridges, and custom buildings and landmarks, delivered by Microsoft were not actually in the right place. That's where the "Quantumleap Repositioning Project for Ultimate Terrain" (QLRP4UT) came along. As the name indicates, it is a project to reposition those 700+ misplaced bridges, and custom buildings and landmarks, so they matched up with the accurate scenery of Ultimate Terrain USA, Canada/Alaska and Europe. **

This product is shareware. Essentially you can try out the work for a period of 30 days from when you first install it. After that, if you keep on using it, you'll need to make a donation. Details on how to say "Thanks" are provided on the QLRP4UT web-site and in the ReadMe.

For those people who have not installed QLRP4UT, please give it a try and follow the normal full installation instructions.

To upgrade, go to the QLRP4UT Download and Install page and then follow the "How to Upgrade QLRP4UT" instructions.

Thanks again to Allen for allowing me to post release information about QLRP4UT in this forum and of course for all his hard work in delivering the high quality Ultimate Terrain scenery products.

Check out my aviation photography and digital art at Photisify
Cole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2006 at 1:00pm
Just In Tyme for release of UT Europe!

congrats Jeff!

guys, get this one ... the icing on the UT Europe cake!

akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2006 at 2:34pm
Kudos Jeff.   And congrats on the release !
Allen

meshman View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meshman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2006 at 9:15pm

Good stuff Jeff!

And thanks for the assist with the Hawaii objects, work is getting started on Phase II.

MacKuen View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MacKuen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2006 at 2:55pm
Well done Jeff.

Your work with London and Paris are now essentials for anyone using UT Europe. (Finally, a believable rendition of Paris! Excellent.)

Would recommend that anyone new to UT go directly to your site! A wonderful boon.

Best,
Mike
Bruceb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruceb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2006 at 6:56am
Looks like a great addon but I can't get paypal to work on my system so any product that requires this is not for me.  Too bad.

Bruceb
quantumleap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2006 at 6:10pm
QLRP4UT version 2.05 is now available

The new version of the Quantumleap Repositioning Project for Ultimate Terrain (QLRP4UT) is now available for download at http://www.qlrp4ut.com .

This update:

- Moves San Francisco and Oakland objects out of main QLRP4UT file into their own file to allow users of photoscenery products for this area such as Horizon Simulations San Francisco and Megascenery San Francisco to switch them off to avoid duplicate buildings.
- Moves old and new Severn Bridges out of main Europe file into SW England file.
- Moves Hamburg bridge out of main Europe file into its own file to allow users of Aerosoft Scenery Germany 2 to switch it off to avoid duplicate bridges.
- Moves Boston Logan Intl Airport tower out of main QLRP4UT file into its own file to allow users of George Grimshaw's Boston Logan International Airport scenery to switch it off to avoid a duplicate tower.
- As per customer requests, adds and repositions a few more generic buildings in Charleston, WV, and Charlotte, NC.
- Contains all fixes and updates from previous releases.

akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 1:43pm
Nice work Jeff
Allen

Pooch View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2006 at 2:04pm
Thank you for your great work. May I ask you to consider in the next issue also the option to exclude KSAN Coronado Bay Bridge for those who have the wonderful freeware of Robert Kerr installed ?
Ciao, Peter
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2006 at 2:50pm
I'll look into that and if possible will add it to my list for future updates.

Just a reminder to all those people who donated, if you do have requests for additional exclusions/configuration options to make QLRP4UT work better with your other 3rd party scenery addons, just let me know and I'll do my best to accomodate them in a future update.

phantoms View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phantoms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-24-2006 at 1:29am
I tried out QLRP4UT tonight, but ended up removing it. I mainly fly out of Savannah, GA (KSAV). The main bridges going over the Savannah River and into SC are completely missing. But the main thing I was trying to fix were a couple buildings placed in the river that UT missed removing. QLRP4UT misses them too.
phantoms View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phantoms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-24-2006 at 11:24am
These are the two buildings I was talking about that UT misses removing. There is also a couple radio towers in the water and a railway that doesn't quite make it across the river.

This is with no add-on scenery and does't matter if autogen is set to full or none. UT has Remove bridge objects, misplaced buildings and misplaced landmarks checked. All roads are checked and enhanced railroads are checked.

Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-24-2006 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by phantoms phantoms wrote:

I tried out QLRP4UT tonight, but ended up removing it. I mainly fly out of Savannah, GA (KSAV). The main bridges going over the Savannah River and into SC are completely missing. But the main thing I was trying to fix were a couple buildings placed in the river that UT missed removing. QLRP4UT misses them too.

As QLRP4UT primarily deals with repositioning of the custom bridges and buildings for use with UT, yes, it is true that it does nothing in the area you mainly fly in as there are no custom bridges for that area supplied by FS2k4.

As for the buildings in the river, those should be reported as issues with UT via the Elementool reporting system as QLRP4UT again is not intended to rectify such issues.

rlunning View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rlunning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-25-2006 at 11:17am

You can go to AVSIM and download "Bridges 4 UTUSA" It does add bridges around Savanah and everything east of the Mississippi...  Just search Ray Lunning.. It is for use with UTUSA and QLRP4UT only....

When I was doing the "bridges" I found a lot (and I mean a lot) of objects in the rivers... To numorus to list.... I suspect this is the result of moving the river in UT.   A simple exclude will remove your unwanted objects... Try "excbuilderv2"  easy to use...

Merry Christmas..

Ray Lunning 

phantoms View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phantoms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-25-2006 at 10:14pm
Thanks Ray and Quantum. The main reason I was trying QLRP4UT was not so much for the bridges, but to see if it would remove those buildings UT missed. I have since reinstalled QLRP4UT and Bridges 4 UTUSA and now have bridges over the river that are misplaced in default FS9, and will try out the Excbuilder V2 to remove the buildings and towers in the water. Thanks to you two for the effort to make FS even better.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic