SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Terrain and XpressSim Products > Ultimate Terrain And XpressSim Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Prepar3D V4 Support For UTX & XpressSim (Live)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prepar3D V4 Support For UTX & XpressSim (Live)
    Posted: May-24-2017 at 12:58pm
Morning friends.

OK.  The Flight 1 pages have been updated with new builds for all UTX products (excluding Alaska).   These installers also contain the latest patches, including the small acceleration patch.

These versions of UTX now support Boxed FSX, FSX Steam Edition, P3D V3 and P3D V4.  We no longer support older versions of P3D V2.x.

If you are an existing UTX user making the switch to P3D V4, just uninstall the "Install Managers" for each UTX product and download the new versions at the links below:

UTX Europe V2.1

UTX USA V2.3

UTX Canada V2.0

UTX Tropical America And Caribbean V2.0

XpressSim with P3D V4 Support And Interface Enhancements

XpressSim users.  Simply download the new interface and install over the previous install.  All of your configurations and previous downloads will be preserved.

Enjoy !
Allen

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2017 at 2:10pm
Allen made mention of the file changes and I know some who are experienced with software might think they can skip the new installers by editing files and targets...  this is a mistake, and important everyone understand:

It is critical that older UTX installers/products are not attempted to be used with P3Dv4.

LM changed XML and CFG file code and the older UTX product tools will destroy such configuration files requiring a complete uninstall/flush/reinstall of P3Dv4, or, use of the Delete Generated Files system added to P3Dv4 however that 2nd option wont work if you use tools that that do not function with UNICODE support and edit aircraft.cfg or other files in the main simulator directory.

The new UTX/XS installers/rebuilt products are being extensively tested for P3Dv4 and include all the patches we once had to install individually.

If you intend to use P3Dv4 these new installers are required, no workaround. 

I also wish to point out that given they are 'patched up' product, they will also work for FSX box, FSXSE, P3Dv2-3 and v4 so if for some reason you may have one of the other sims and intend to do a reinstall, obtaining the latest installers will make the job a lot easier.

akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2017 at 3:50pm
In addition to what Nick mentioned, users should be careful trying to use any addons with P3D V4 that potentially alter the simulators configuration files, unless those addons have been rewritten specifically to support P3D V4.

Any product that does the following could potentially destroy your configuration files.   This includes things like:
  • Add, edit or delete texture or autogen entries to TERRAIN.CFG
  • Ad, edit or delete scenery layers for you.
  • Edit simulator settings settings outside of the simulator (like traffic, graphics settings, etc).
These are just those that we know about, as the UTX tools make adjustments to all 3.

IMO P3D V4 is a fantastic product.   And, I understand the reasons for the change.   But, users are going to need to be a little more careful when it comes to addons that have not been updated for P3D V4.    They may work as is.  Or, they may destroy your files causing you to reinstall everything.
Allen

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2017 at 4:18pm
That also goes for older aircraft config editors. Any tool that may write to a .XML or .CFG file.
Use of older tools on P3Dv4 should be done with caution. Make a backup of your installation if you intend to do a lot of testing of older addons, or, trying to use older content tools with P3Dv4.

Psybear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psybear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2017 at 6:48pm
Thanks for cautionary heads up.  Really appreciate the upcoming timely new installers and words from the wise at F1.
Still, I bet there's gonna' be a lot of crying from those not paying attention.

C'est la vie,
Clayton  
Win 10x64-256GB 840Pro | P3Dv3.4-512GB 850Pro
Z270 XPower Titanium i7-7700K @4.7GHz-H115i | 32GB TridentZ @3200MHz 14-14-14-34-2N
GTX1070 Quicksilver 378.78
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2017 at 9:21pm
autogen,...   its everywhere;

GEP3D + UTX USA on P3Dv4 x64

slait View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2017 at 4:16pm
This is great to hear. Should we be expecting an announcement soon then?
jcoffman412 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcoffman412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2017 at 4:19pm
Hello, I'm one of those that got on board V4 early. I also have USA V2 but can't find the installer. Can you point me the right direction please?

Jason Coffman
Jason Coffman
I7-4790k @4.6GHZ, MSI,Mpower Max AC, Nvidia GTX970 SSC, 16gb ddr3,250GB SSD Flight sim, 250SSD(WIndows10) 128SSD(Addons) 1TB HHD(addons)
akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2017 at 4:56pm
Hi Guys,

Flight 1 is changing over the websites today as they needed information corrections.   I will let you know in this thread as soon as it has been changed.   Although, I will be out tonight.  So, it will probably be early tomorrow morning.

Just follow this thread.

For P3D V4, you will need to download the full version.  But, you won't have to uninstall anything if you are running multiple platforms.

I will give exact instructions tomorrow.
Allen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcoffman412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2017 at 5:11pm
Thanks for the update! Have a great evening.
Jason Coffman
I7-4790k @4.6GHZ, MSI,Mpower Max AC, Nvidia GTX970 SSC, 16gb ddr3,250GB SSD Flight sim, 250SSD(WIndows10) 128SSD(Addons) 1TB HHD(addons)
jhaley101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhaley101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2017 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by akriesman akriesman wrote:

In addition to what Nick mentioned, users should be careful trying to use any addons with P3D V4 that potentially alter the simulators configuration files, unless those addons have been rewritten specifically to support P3D V4.

Any product that does the following could potentially destroy your configuration files.   This includes things like:
  • Add, edit or delete texture or autogen entries to TERRAIN.CFG
  • Ad, edit or delete scenery layers for you.
  • Edit simulator settings settings outside of the simulator (like traffic, graphics settings, etc).
These are just those that we know about, as the UTX tools make adjustments to all 3.

IMO P3D V4 is a fantastic product.   And, I understand the reasons for the change.   But, users are going to need to be a little more careful when it comes to addons that have not been updated for P3D V4.    They may work as is.  Or, they may destroy your files causing you to reinstall everything.

Are you guys talking about a mixed installation of a competitor's product with UTX?   So, previously with FSX if I installed a competitor's landclass and global textures with UTX, now such installation will ruin the set up of V4?     I think I get it, but want to be sure before I take the plunge.   When I saw "products that edit the terrain.cfg" - I figured this is what you're getting at.   

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2017 at 7:00pm
No..   its in reference to older addons that may not use advanced UNICODE and XML support.

Like the UTX products of the past. The new UTX updates to their region products (which are now posted above) will work fine in P3Dv4, but do NOT use the original UTX products from the past.

Take it a step further outside of terrain products...

Lets say you have a older plane that comes with a aircraft.cfg editor to edit that aircraft weight/balance, flight numbers, even texture calls for livery but can also be used for other planes. In this scenario if you were to apply this addon and use it, and, the developer did not take into account advanced text file editor changes, any aircraft.cfg files you might edit from the default P3Dv4,.. can become corrupt and no longer work.

We don't know what 'others' do. We can only speak to the products offered here and define the UTX updates that will be posted for the release, will in fact, NOT, damage P3Dv4 files.

Lets take it another step..   lets say you have a traffic addon that might change/edit XML.dll file but is not made to recognize the new XML format changes. That addon could destroy the file.

This is what we were talking about

Be cautions and back up your 'default' installs. This isn't going to be a cut and dry release..    There will be issues this round till both the sim and the addons get debugged and corrected.

FalconAF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FalconAF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2017 at 8:08pm
Hey Nick...Hiya! Been a while. I was away from flight simming for an extended time. Went fully retired, bought a motorcycle, and had been traveling all over the country with it with over 80,000 miles on it. But that all ended when a lady texting on her cell phone crossed the double-yellow centerline in her pickup truck and ran head on into my friend and me on our motorcycles. So now I'm getting back into flight simming, 'cos ya can't ride a bike with 3 herniated neck disks and 4 busted up neck vertebra. Anyhow.....

Concerning this thread, are ALL the .cfg files using the new format? I just loaded up P3Dv4 and the first thing I want to do is edit the P3D.cfg to remove the "Head Acceleration Movement" settings. Does a manual editing like that now require something like Notepad++ instead of just the "old" Notepad "text editor"?
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2017 at 8:43pm
Wow.. blast from the past... Rick, correct??   good to see you still kicking my desert friend 
 JeBUS!    head-on cycle impact???    you are lucky you can even type here!!  you still dealing on the strip in spare time?  (note to forum, that's dealing CARDS in Vegas  LOL)

Yes all configs..  if you open in notepad, select SAVE AS and in the dropdown box below just make sure it reads: UNINCODE, then save

good to go
FalconAF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FalconAF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2017 at 1:28am
Yeah, it's Rick. I may have already gotten bitten by the new format. I finished downloading 4 addon airports from a third-party developer after downloading their new P3Dv4 installers. Installed them all, and they work fine in v4. But the entries they made in the Scenery Library are screwed up. All 4 check boxes to the left of them are greyed out, along with the "Edit Area" and "Delete Area" buttons on the right if you mouse-select the airport entries. Plus, I can't move any of the 4 entries up/down in the Scenery Library list. Have no clue why, but have a bad feeling that when the airports ALSO installed the Addon Manager, something may not have been ready for prime time with it yet.

Quit BJ dealing when I bought the motorcycle (went FULLY retired...as in "Road Nomad on a Two-Wheeler"). My friend's Gold Wing was cut in half and the engine separated from it. I took a somewhat less intense impact, but even my $450 helmet and $1000+ one-piece riding suit with every piece of body armor they made for it installed couldn't stop my neck injuries. I took a massive hit on the top/back of the helmet, but it did it's job in preventing my skull from cracking like an egg. And no broken bones or road rash thanks to the riding suit even after hitting the pavement and sliding for a while after being hit. But there really isn't a good way to protect a rider's neck...there is nothing between the riding suit and the helmet to prevent the crunching, twisting forces that can happen there. I'm alive because of my helmet and riding suit. Got a crunched up neck from it all though. Which is a real pisser, cos I bought the Rift and love it...but it's kinda hard to turn and look out the rear window of the airplane.   

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcoffman412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2017 at 10:31am
New installers are up

Jason Coffman
slait View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2017 at 10:34am
Originally posted by jcoffman412 jcoffman412 wrote:

New installers are up

Are these installers at the flight1 site?
akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2017 at 10:54am
Originally posted by slait slait wrote:

Are these installers at the flight1 site?

Yes.  See my updated post at the top of this thread as it contains links to all the pages.
Allen

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2017 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by FalconAF FalconAF wrote:

Yeah, it's Rick. I may have already gotten bitten by the new format. I finished downloading 4 addon airports from a third-party developer after downloading their new P3Dv4 installers. Installed them all, and they work fine in v4. But the entries they made in the Scenery Library are screwed up. All 4 check boxes to the left of them are greyed out, along with the "Edit Area" and "Delete Area" buttons on the right if you mouse-select the airport entries. Plus, I can't move any of the 4 entries up/down in the Scenery Library list. Have no clue why, but have a bad feeling that when the airports ALSO installed the Addon Manager, something may not have been ready for prime time with it yet. 

I don't know what caused that. This thread seems to suggest something similar to what you describe: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/511200-new-scenerycfg-conventions/

It reads like it may be a developer using the remote scenery system in P3D or other features like that. Most developers have been sticking to the default system.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: I just came across a post in the P3Dv4 beta forum where the developer is requesting information about the remote addon system for scenery. It reads to me that there are issues for users and he is trying to resolve them. If the link I posted above is to the scenery you are dealing with then keep an eye on that thread as well as the support forum for the products.

I don't think there is any 'damage', just the new system isn't as cut and dry as the default system and needs refinement.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

As for UTX and XpressSim.... 

The new UTX installers are up and linked in the first post. Those are complete, require no patches and FSX/SE/P3Dv3-v4 ready.

slait View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2017 at 1:17pm
Looking forward to trying it out. Thanks!
FalconAF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FalconAF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2017 at 4:35pm
Thanks for the info links, Nick. So many new things happening with v4 it's hard to keep up with all the different forums cross-postings about them. Yeah, it looks like when one of the possible ways a developer can have it's scenery added to v4, it ends up with the scenery being added to the Scenery Library list but no way to Edit, Delete, or move it Up/Down in the priority of it. I don't know how that is going to play out, but unless P3Dv4 can pull magic rabbits out of it's hat, seems that users will still need the ability to EASILY organize the priority of their addons in P3Dv4. Something is gonna have to change cos you can't do that now depending on how the addon was "added". Woof!   
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2017 at 4:39pm
P3Dv4 is going to be a stinker for a while, both internal issues and developer problems.

Probably best to wait a month or so till diving deep into it and let the devs get the kinks worked out. If not, just grin and bear it as it unfolds LOL

I am still working on the GEP3D product for v4. Since March I have had to rework the entire color pallet for every textures, and replace a great number of buildings because of changes in the autogen system. Hoping to have it done and out next week.
GEK_the_Reaper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GEK_the_Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2017 at 2:15pm
Hello,

I purchased UTX alongside with GEX (FSX) from Aerosoft. I did not get a key for UTX only for GEX. The new installer comes with the "red plane" asking for credentials which I don't have. Already submitted a ticket but since I'm eager to try it out, I decided to post the Q also in the forum.

Any advice pls?
P3D v4, GEP3D+UTX, ASP4+ASCA, FSGlobal Ultimate NG, ORBX Trees HD, Chase Plane,...
akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2017 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by GEK_the_Reaper GEK_the_Reaper wrote:

Hello,

I purchased UTX alongside with GEX (FSX) from Aerosoft. I did not get a key for UTX only for GEX. The new installer comes with the "red plane" asking for credentials which I don't have. Already submitted a ticket but since I'm eager to try it out, I decided to post the Q also in the forum.

Any advice pls?

I can't help you too much with the transaction details, because I really don't know how licensing is handled with 3rd party sites.   But, I can tell you that the new installers will be going out to companies like Aerosoft for UTX with the P3D V4 support.  

Flight 1 asked me today if these installers were ready to go to the other resellers.   We were waiting to make sure there were no major problems before sending them out.   But, everything looks clean so I am going to give the OK today.

My guess is that it is going to take some time for the publishers to get the new versions published.    I know that all the publishers are pretty hammered right now trying to deal with P3D V4.    

Hope this helps.  

Allen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GEK_the_Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2017 at 1:03pm
Allen thanks for your feedback (I haven't yet gotten a response to my ticket though but will post a Q on Aerosoft support also).

Isn't Flight1 able to verify the purchase if I pass them the Order No., etc? I know that e.g. REX can indeed verify all purchases and link the products to your account in this way beeing able to provide the needed support.

Regards,
Gerald
P3D v4, GEP3D+UTX, ASP4+ASCA, FSGlobal Ultimate NG, ORBX Trees HD, Chase Plane,...
Steve Halpern View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Halpern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2017 at 1:06pm
Hi,

The installers are going out to them within an hour from now... we will mention to them to change these ASAP.

Steve

Ssnake51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ssnake51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2017 at 10:27pm
Just want to clarify so I don't go making a stupid mistake:

I currently have FSX boxed edition running smoothly with all the UTX & GEX products.  Just installed P3Dv4.  Do I need to uninstall all the UTX products and then use the new installers for FSX and P3Dv4 or can I just leave my current FSX setup alone and use the new UTX installers for P3Dv4?

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2017 at 10:38pm
You can leave current alone if you wish and use the new for P3Dv4.

You are installing a manager from the wrapper, not the product into the sim itself. From the wrapper it can be installed anywhere on the computer and then the manager launched to target the sim for actual UTX installation into the sim.

The new will overwrite the original installer manager and from there you select what sim to target. If you wish to target the FSX install at the same time you can from the manager tool and it will overwrite what is in the FSX install without removing anything.., just be aware that you must disable and then re-enable all the UTX features in the GEX interface afterward to re-swap the GEX matched UTX upgrades.
Ssnake51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ssnake51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2017 at 10:58pm
Thanks much for the fast and informative response.

I am going to keep FSX boxed on my computer.  After following the guides you have posted here, it is running better than it ever has. And I think it is going to take awhile before I get used to P3D and have it tweaked to my satisfaction.  

So when I install the new the new managers I will go ahead and target both FSX and P3Dv4.  

I used your suggested settings for all UTX products.  Am assuming they will be the same for P3Dv4?

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2017 at 11:25pm
Yes..    there may be some changes to those settings as I get past GEP3D P3Dv4 updates..  but same same for now.

They are just suggested settings.. you may setup as you like 

Ssnake51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ssnake51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2017 at 11:49pm
Ok.  Will just wait till you finish your update for GEP3D and then install it all.Smile
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2017 at 9:49am
Originally posted by Ssnake51 Ssnake51 wrote:

Ok.  Will just wait till you finish your update for GEP3D and then install it all.Smile

That wont be till about the 30th of this month. We are adding textures to it.

The update for GEP3D 1.10 is massive and will require a full download/install of the product.

Ssnake51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ssnake51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2017 at 12:11pm
Wow!  Sounds great. Looking forward to it.

With all that work, there should be an upgrade charge.  But then maybe it's not worth putting up with the bi***ing about the cost.
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2017 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by Ssnake51 Ssnake51 wrote:

Wow!  Sounds great. Looking forward to it.

With all that work, there should be an upgrade charge.  But then maybe it's not worth putting up with the bi***ing about the cost.

Product was designed to be no charge for updates. If it wasn't we would charge for updates.

People need to get real and stop thinking developers drive corvettes and eat steak nightly from Flight sim sales. If there is a need to charge for a product due to the work involved, so be it.

We might post a interim update of the full product with the majority of the update sooner, then a smaller patch the following month. Still working on that. I will post an announcement with information probably Tuesday next week.
akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2017 at 1:46pm
For those that do not know, this P3D V4 update was very time consuming for us.   We had to rewrite major portions of the UTX Setup tool, the lighting tool, and all the smaller custom uninstallers that go with all products.    It was a fairly major undertaking, not including the integration of patches and the heavy testing that took place.  There are over 40 installers and sub-installers that had to be created and tested to support the 4 UTX versions and all the platform combinations.  This does not factor in all the behind the scenes and server work done at Flight 1, plus additional bandwidth costs for the P3D V4 version.

Supporting all these platforms is getting to be really difficult for developers, especially when their is no charge for upgrades.   

I know that most of our customers are already aware of the work that goes into supporting all these platform changes, for no upgrade fee.    But, I just wanted to mention this for those that are not aware.

As Nick mentioned, Flight Sim developers do not get rich in this hobby.  It is more of a labor of love, especially these days.
Allen

slait View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2017 at 1:53pm
I for one am aware, and am very appreciative of what you guys are doing. Quality work that I get a lot of enjoyment from. On behalf of your customers, thank you for your efforts!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GEK_the_Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2017 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by Steve Halpern Steve Halpern wrote:

Hi,

The installers are going out to them within an hour from now... we will mention to them to change these ASAP.

Hey Steve,

today Aerosoft published the new installers. Got UTX and already installed it. Installation went smooth (didn't test it yet inflight).

Regards,
GErald
Arecee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arecee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2017 at 4:54am
I've been away from Flight Sims for quite some time, recently back. 

Years ago I bought "Ground Environment Professional", was great in it's day, but doubt it is still supported.  Is there an upgrade route to the current product for P3Dv4?  Or just thank GE-Pro for what it did and just purchase the current product??
quantumleap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2017 at 2:56pm
Scenery Solutions are not the developers of "Ground Enviroment Professional" so we cannot really answer your question.

As there has been no devlopment on GEPro for many years, and it was produced as an entertainment only product (and so the EULA does not support its use in a non-entertainment product like P3D), it is extremely unlikely that it will ever be updated for P3D.

Ground Environment X (GEX) is a different product (again from another developer) and there is a P3D version. Work is currently in progress to make it available for P3DV4. There is a forum for that product here.

Jeff

Check out my aviation photography and digital art at Photisify
Arecee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arecee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2017 at 3:50pm
Thanks for the answer, I was able to upgrade my old UT today with a coupon, that is what made me curious about GEPro.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic