SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > FSiPanel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PMDG say not their problem.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hobbsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PMDG say not their problem.
    Posted: August-05-2017 at 8:45am
Hi J-p, because I can no longer reload multiple scenarios into FsiPanel for the latest updated installers for my PMDG 777 and 737, I generated a ticket to ask if they are aware of and if so, when a fix will be coming. This is their reply to me:

This is an issue that you will need to work out with FSIPanel. If their products need to be updated to be compatible with our software, then they will need to be updated. There is nothing to fix on our end. They will need to issue an update.

Is this so?

Regards,
Rick
J-P Garraio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2017 at 3:11am
Hi Rick,

If PMDG aircraft can no longer be reloaded over themselves, then there is nothing I can do to fix it.

I found out that on PMDG aircraft, if you save a flight and then reload it, it won't work, even without using FSiPanel, I don't know the reason why this feature doesn't work on PMDG aircraft?!

For now to train approaches on the PMDG fleet is to do the following:
- Start P3D / FSX with the default aircraft.
- Start FSiPanel, create your approach and fly it.
- After landing, restart FSX / P3D with default aircraft.
- Fly next approach and so on.

Cheers,

J-P
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2017 at 4:09am
UPDATE:
I've just updated the 777 with the latest PMDG release and now it seems that flights can be reloaded, at least on P3D V4, I haven't tried on P3D V3 yet.
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio
troncy View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troncy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2017 at 6:07am
Bonjour,
With the last update loaded from operation center, the situation reload doesn't work for me in V3 and V4 for the 737NGX.
Cheers
Claude

Claude Troncy
hobbsy View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hobbsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2017 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by J-P Garraio J-P Garraio wrote:

UPDATE:
I've just updated the 777 with the latest PMDG release and now it seems that flights can be reloaded, at least on P3D V4, I haven't tried on P3D V3 yet.

High J-P, not so with the latest installers for 777 FSX SE. You have to reload FSX every approach.

Regards,
Rick
hobbsy View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hobbsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2017 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by J-P Garraio J-P Garraio wrote:

Hi Rick,

If PMDG aircraft can no longer be reloaded over themselves, then there is nothing I can do to fix it.

Cheers,

J-P
Hi J-P, I contacted PMDG again and relayed this to them and the following is their response:

I am actually quite surprised that it ever worked as this has been a known issue for all PMDG aircraft going back to FSX. As outlined in the introductory section of the manual, we have always recommended exiting the sim before reloading or changing a flight. If the FSI Panel developers have ideas on what might be causing it we would be happy to work with them if possible.

Technical Support
PMDG Simulations, LLC

Don't quite understand this statement from them, because until this past July, their aircraft did work.

Regards,
Rick
troncy View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troncy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2017 at 5:01am
I think the problem can only be solved between LM and PMDG. 
But it seems they do not want to investigate.
PMDG found a solution by making a warning about the reload in their introduction manual.
Regards
Claude

Claude Troncy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2017 at 6:34am
I Will try to contact them to see if we can fix it.
For example, without using FSiPanel, try to disable FSUIPC (move temporary fsuipc4.dll) and then try to save a situation on your 777, reload it several times.

Here it works except for a fuel bug, the fuel loaded when the scenario is loaded is wrong, full tanks or even more.

Do you have same results?

J-P
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio
troncy View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troncy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2017 at 7:06am
Bonjour Jean-Pierre,

I followed your procedure, but unfortunately it is not working with the 737NGX latest version P3DV3.
All the screens are black, nothing move in the cockpit.

In P3DV4 it is different, the 737NGX reloads, the screen are displayed, but the initialization seems not to be done. On the ground the plane is shaken, and move by itself, in the air the input on the yoke do nothing, and the plane crashes.

Cheers
Claude
Claude Troncy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2017 at 7:28am
Thanks Claude,
Actual FSiPanel version needs FSUIPC to work..
New version 2017 won't need it anymore.

I still have to work on the fuel issue.
have a look at the video below, 777 P3D V4
https://youtu.be/L5Q3J9Z4RuI

Cheers
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio
troncy View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troncy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2017 at 7:55am
Did you tried the 737NGX.
I think the result when reloading a PMDG flight is unpredictable and not guarenteed, and the behavior can change during the various update.
Cheers
Claude
Claude Troncy
hobbsy View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hobbsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2017 at 8:27am
I assume the problem and the solution apply's to FSX/FSX SE as well?
Rick
troncy View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troncy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2017 at 4:29am
Hi Jean-Pierre,
I wonder if it would not be safer to reposition the aircraft and set the panel state, using simconnect and the PMDG sdk.
In this case, there is no need to reload a situation.
May be PMDG could provide an API to save and load the panel state. That already can be done through the FMC, so there is certainly something hidden.
What do you think ?
Cheers
Claude
Claude Troncy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2017 at 8:07am
Hi Claude,

I thought about this as well but then all aircraft will have a different positioning method and it will soon get very complicated.

As well the 777 systems will not understand why it suddenly flies at 7000ft, 220kts with gear down and previous systems in ground mode, it looks challenging to configure all the systems correctly for the approach.

I have contacted PMDG today to see if we can find a solution together for this reloading scenario problem.

Cheers,

J-P
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio
troncy View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troncy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2017 at 9:37am
Hi Jean-Pierre,
Thanks for this info, I hope they will cooperate.
Claude
Claude Troncy
DomiKamu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DomiKamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5 hours 40 minutes ago at 7:59am
Hi Rick,

Like ORBX, please be sure PMDG considers their customers as "garbages", I'm sorry to say this "as it" (using rude tone) but it is absolutely the trust, unfortunately! Their aircrafts are fantastic, BTW they're considering themselve as "God"... but their sales (and after sales) policy are simply a shame.

I've bought their 777 (both base + extension) for FSX, but now I've moved to Prepar3D v4: no crossgrade, at full price without any (50%) coupon, and more and more expensive (P3D version pricing is simply scandalous, and prices grow constantly).

Regards,

Dominique (France)
hobbsy View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hobbsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4 hours 8 minutes ago at 9:31am
Hi J-P, did you get any kind of positive response from PMDG?

Regards,
Rick
troncy View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troncy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 minutes ago at 1:08pm
Bonjour,
Look at this post on P3D forum.... it is about the problem of reloading scenario with PMDG aircraft.

The answer from LM is
If basic functions of the sim are not working when using specific add-ons please continue to notify these developers so they can work towards fixing these issues. If any developer needs support they should not hesitate to reach out directly to the Prepar3D team.

So I am sure this problem can only be fixed if PMDG and LM work together but that's another story.

SmileSmile
Cheers
Claude
Claude Troncy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic