SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > FSiPanel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PMDG 777 Panel Problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejw1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PMDG 777 Panel Problem
    Posted: March-22-2017 at 1:30am
Hi J.P.

I recently updated my pmdg 777 to the latest update along with reinstalling FSi Panel. 

I have a problem in that whenever I try to load an approach, the PFD, ND and backup instruments are completely blank. I read a previous thread in which someone seemed to have a similar problem but unfortunately setting the Memory Protection to Extreme didn't help. It just ended up shutting down my P3d and not allowing to reopen. 

Is there anything else that may cause this problem?

Thanks! 

J-P Garraio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2017 at 4:24am
Hi,

Did you install Simconnect as per PMDG instructions?
Can you run the troubleshooting tests in FSiPanel Setup.

Cheers,

J-P
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio
ejw1234 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejw1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2017 at 3:22pm
Hi J.P

Thanks for the quick response!

I just went back and installed the previous versions of simconnect as per pmdg instructions and still no luck. I ran the troubleshooting tests and have had everything pass but still no gauges.

Cheers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2017 at 3:58pm
Ok. Please try to import the 777 again.
If not working, please load your 777, save the situation in P3D and then try to reload it, are the gauges black?

Cheers
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio
ejw1234 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejw1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2017 at 4:37pm
I tried importing again with the same result.

When I try to save and reload the 777 the gauges are still black so I assume that means that its a PMDG problem.

I'm currently trying a clean reinstall of PMDG to see if that will help
ejw1234 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejw1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2017 at 6:05pm
Hi J.P 

Further to my last message, I have managed to get the first approach to work if I load it from the P3d default scenario. This correctly loads the 777 and I am able to fly the approach. However when I go to reset the approach, I am faced with the same problem of the black screens.

I have properly installed simconnect and tried reimporting the 777. I hope this is progress of some sort but if you can shed any light on it that would be much appreciated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2017 at 5:50pm
Hi,

Strange, do you have panel serialization activated in P3D options?
It should be OFF.

Cheers,

J-P
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio
middiu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middiu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2017 at 2:39am
Hi JP,
I'm facing the same issue since a couple of weeks in my FSX Steam simulator, not sure if PMDG pushed any update or this caused by FsiPanel 1.0.0.84 update.

What is happening is: fsipanl loads the simulator with all the panels and engines ON, after few second FSX reloads the screen and the plane is loaded with panels OFF and engines OFF. FsiPanle than starts the count down and at the end of it everything stays OFF and the plane start falling down.

- I tried to re-add the 777 few times.
- The FsiPanel Test is OK for everything exept for "Creation of Script", this is the output:
FSiPanel Order number : 1301763
FSiPanel has administrator right
FSX has administrator right
FSUIPC Version 4.964g FREE version
Slew Mode Activated successfully
Lat : -33.9636900840479 Lon: 151.180511929582
New Lat : -33.9636900840479 Lon: 151.180511929582
SLEW Mode is OK
Impossible to create a LUA script
- I reinstalled FSUIPC and SimConnect many times
- Using PMDG 737 works fine. The problem is only with PMDG 777.

I have FSX Steam on Windows 10.
Please let me know if I can share any log file.

Also since the  FsiPanel 1.0.0.84 update when I add an aircraft I don't see the step 5 field in the "Import New Aircraft" panel:

middiu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middiu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2017 at 7:40am
I investigated further and the problem seems to be in the second fsx reload.

After the first load everything, panels and engines, are up and running, but when FsiPanel reloads the simulator for the second or third time the panels don't come up again.
This seems to be a PMDG 777 bug, but I was wondering why FsiPanel needs to reload the simulator more then once

JP, is there anything I can do to stop fsipanl to reload the simulator more then once?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-P Garraio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2017 at 8:44am
Hi,

Yes after a couple of reloads, depending on your machine specs, the aircraft might run out of memory (black screen).

You need to set your memory protection according to your machine and aircraft, either based on memory or number of approaches.

FSiPanel needs to reload the whole flight due to the complexity of all the aircraft settings for the desired phase of the flight.

Cheers,

J-P
FSiPanel for FSX
www.fsipanel.com
Jean-Pierre Garraio
middiu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middiu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2017 at 12:07am
Ok I think I found, at least, my problem: Weather!

seems like FsiPanel reload the simulator more then once only if I don't select "Real-world Weather" in FSX, without the reloads the PMDG 777 works fine.

JP, what about the missing step 4 in the Import New Aircraft" panel? is it a problem with my fsipanel installation?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic