SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > Golden Age Simulations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPitcairn autogyro help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gotte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pitcairn autogyro help
    Posted: February-18-2008 at 2:42pm
I know that the read me says there can be some rotor texture problems with autogen set to very dense there can be problems with the rotor alpha texture, but mine is only set halfway, and look at it. Pretty ugly, I have to say. Is this a problem, or is this how it just is?
If it's how it is, then that was 10 down the toilet. If not, anyone know how to fix it?

Spad54 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spad54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2008 at 7:32pm
Are you running SP2? Please contact me at support@goldenagesimulations.com

Best
Paul
gotte View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gotte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2008 at 6:31am
Thanks for the prompt response. Email sent.
Spad54 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spad54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2008 at 6:48am
It did not come through to me, yet.  Here's a patch to try.  Let me know if it helps and please resend your e-mail. CC to Spad54@aol.com
http://www.goldenagesimulations.com/GAS/PitcarinFSXpatch.zip

Let me know how you make out

Paul
gotte View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gotte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2008 at 2:28pm
Thanks, yes, that worked a treat.

What was it?

PS, sorry if I sounded crabby in the initial post. Your customer services has been excellent. Many thanks once again.

Phil
Spad54 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spad54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2008 at 3:31pm
We initially designed and tested the model in FSX SP1, almost as soon as we released our model M$ released FSX Accelerated and that update wrecked our textures rendering the discs as a solid as well as created a draw order problem for transparent parts especially gauge polygons.

The patch corrected the draw order problem as well as, with the help of some very talented scenery and a/c designers, came up with new prop textures to mitigate that damage as well. 

I'm glad it worked out and sorry for the distress it caused you.  Actually your post did everyone a service as we discovered that we never gave it to Flight 1 to post on the website.  Steve at Flight 1 will be placing the link to the patch on the product page for all. 

Best
Paul
BOB LOMAS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BOB LOMAS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2012 at 7:26am
I FIND THE PITCAIRN A DELIGHTFUL AEROPLANE, I USE IT AS A HACK IN MY MAKE BELIEVE WW II GAMES. I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE FOUND AN AVRO RAF MODEL IN THE PACKAGE.
AFTER I STARTED FLYING THE PITCAIRN AND WHILST RE-READING JEFFREY QUILL'S BOOK 'SPITFIRE' I WAS REMINDED THAT HE USED AN AUTO AS A HACK WHEN HE WAS STATIONED AT RAF HENLEY, AN AIRFIELD THE REMAINING FRAGMENTS OF WHICH CAN BE FOUND A FEW MILES WEST OF WHITE WALTHAM.  BL.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic