SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Terrain and XpressSim Products > Ultimate Terrain And XpressSim Support
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - P3D crash with UTX Europe and FlyTampa Amsterdam
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

P3D crash with UTX Europe and FlyTampa Amsterdam

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richie894 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: P3D crash with UTX Europe and FlyTampa Amsterdam
    Posted: December-20-2016 at 12:19pm
So I recently picked up the new FlyTampa EHAM scenery. However each time I loaded it, P3D would crash at the same point in loading - 83% where it says "Loading ATC".

After many hours of troubleshooting I found that if I unchecked all of my UTX Europe scenery areas, EHAM would load fine each time. There must be a conflict between FlyTampa and UTX.

I tried un-checking particular scenery areas within UTX, but could not isolate the offending file. It would still crash depending on what combination I selected.
quantumleap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2016 at 3:23pm
Firstly manually switching off UTX Scenery layers in the scenery library to disable it in general or for a particular is not how it is designed to work.

If you want to completely disable UTX then use the Quick Enable/Disable menu option under the Terrain menu in the UTX Setup Tool.

As it is extremely rare for scenery files to cause crashes in FSX/P3D it is far more likely that what is happening is an exhaustion of a resource, usually virtual address space (VAS).

Just search the web for FSX and P3D VAS exhausation for many posts on out of memory conditions caused by combinations of high demand scenery and aircraft combinations hitting the 4 Gb VAS limit of FSX/P3D.

The usual solution is to dial down the graphics settings and scenery options in FSX/P3D.

Jeff

Check out my aviation photography and digital art at Photisify
akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2016 at 3:35pm
I agree with Jeff.   Those really detailed airports, plus a detailed aircraft, can almost use up all your available VAS.
Allen

dooky1973 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dooky1973 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2016 at 4:29pm
Hello,

I have exactly the same issue only I am using ORBX scenery.

I can get it working by turning off all Aviation Traffic in your Traffic settings. This is obviously an issue which I have reported to FlyTampa.

Hopefully this will work for you also?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic