SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > Opus Software
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Opus and FSUIPC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geir Haukland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Opus and FSUIPC
    Posted: August-08-2017 at 6:34pm
Do you really have to get fsuipc in order to get opus to work, or can it be run through simconnect like many other programs do? Coz, i dont have the latest fsuipc for p3dv4 and i wont get it as i have to pay for it all over agian when i have a registered version for p3dv3, and there is no update to us that have fsuipc v4 installed, we have to pay for it again, and i say enough is enough. It should be a free upgrade for us that have v4 installed.

Back to my question, do we need fsuipc in order to get opus to work, can it be used with simconnect or is fsuipc required?Cry

Have A Nice Flight!
Opus Software View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2017 at 2:28am
OpusFSI is not dependent on FSUIPC. However, FSUIPC is used for Dynamic Wind Control (cannot be done via SimConnect). The free version is all that is needed though so I cannot see any problem using the interface which provides capabilities not available with SimConnect.

Stephen
Geir Haukland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geir Haukland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2017 at 9:30am
Dynamic Wind Control, i am not using that, i would use opusfsi for the clouds, not the wind, can it be done or not?

Have A Nice Flight!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2017 at 9:47am
Dynamic Wind Control is essential in all sim types to ensure correct upper winds and prevent the sims erroneous ambient wind arithmetic from causing numerous wind shifts. It's all part of injecting detailed weather and ensuring the sim adheres to the intended weather (including ambient wind direction and speed).

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geir Haukland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2017 at 11:24am
Nah, then i wont be getting this for a while, guess i have to find other software that dont have that. As i dont fly online at all, so tell me why i need that in opusfsi? Winds are off no matter what, even turbulence is set to off, so why would i need wind control when i dont use it?

Have A Nice Flight!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2017 at 11:35am
If you don't need upper winds etc. then you don't need FSUIPC (even though it costs nothing). Simply turn off the GRIB data options in the Weather engine and that's it.

Others do want real world upper atmospheric conditions though, so for them I would always advise to install the free FSUIPC, enable GRIB forecast data along with DWC.

It's up to you what you want from your Weather engine. OpusFSI does inject the most detailed weather (and cloud formations) of all the engines. The GRIB data will help provide more detailed cloud formations so you could leave that enabled and simply don't install FSUIPC.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geir Haukland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2017 at 12:16pm
First of all, i don't fly that high. My max height is around 6500 to 7500 feet, thats it, so i don't need winds at all. When i fly i only do low pass flying. From one airport to another, so again my max flightheight is only around 7500 feet, so you see, grib or what ever you call it is not for me as i don't fly at 40k+ feet..

Have A Nice Flight!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2017 at 12:41pm
GRIB forecast data is used for much more than what you have assumed. It actually supplements the metar data.

GRIB forecast data will define all winds aloft ... from the ground up !

So even if you never climb above 3000 feet AGL it's still useful.

Secondly and probably more important for you, even though winds aloft up to 8000 feet are very important, the GRIB forecast data provides essential meteorological data to define both mid level and high level cloud formations, possible cloud associations, etc.. it helps define the detailed and complex weather you see out of the cockpit. It also helps define pockets of clear air turbulence etc.. (essential for realism although you may not require it).

So with GRIB you WILL get more realistic winds up to your low 8000 feet ceiling, more importantly for you, you will get far more detailed and complex cloud formations making the flight more aesthetically pleasing.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2017 at 12:48pm
I would also still advise you install FSUIPC... even for your intended sim flying ...

Firstly it costs nothing.

Secondly it's simple to install, requires no further setup or configuration.

Finally it has no adverse effect on the sims performance or operation.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geir Haukland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2017 at 7:23pm
i say it again. FSIUPC is so unstable on 64bit sim, no thank you, i stick to what works. I have spend a lot of money to get this new computer the way i want it, and the sim the way i want it, and second, i dont want to ruin a perfect sim that runs on extreme settings, all are at max, and if i install latest fsuipc, i most likely ti get a CTD caoz sh*tty programming, no thank you again. And third, if i am going to install opus, that remains to be seen, i have a stable system now, and i dont want to ruin that coz of some sh*tty programming that is highly to crash my sim, no thank you. No offence to your software, sir, but i have a perfect system that runs so smooth now, and by installing crappy software that is not ready for the end user yet. Sorry, sir, but thats how i feel about this. So far my new comp has cost me more then enough, around 22.000 NOK in my currency, in pound, i dont know, in dollars, i dont know, but well over 2800 i think dollars, or even more..

Have A Nice Flight!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geir Haukland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2017 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by Opus Software Opus Software wrote:

GRIB forecast data is used for much more than what you have assumed. It actually supplements the metar data.

GRIB forecast data will define all winds aloft ... from the ground up !

So even if you never climb above 3000 feet AGL it's still useful.

Secondly and probably more important for you, even though winds aloft up to 8000 feet are very important, the GRIB forecast data provides essential meteorological data to define both mid level and high level cloud formations, possible cloud associations, etc.. it helps define the detailed and complex weather you see out of the cockpit. It also helps define pockets of clear air turbulence etc.. (essential for realism although you may not require it).

So with GRIB you WILL get more realistic winds up to your low 8000 feet ceiling, more importantly for you, you will get far more detailed and complex cloud formations making the flight more aesthetically pleasing.

Stephen

For that i use REX Soft Cl√łouds, no need for GRIB or GRAB or what ever you call it, no thank you

Have A Nice Flight!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2017 at 2:12am
Sorry that just doesn't make sense.

Soft clouds are just textures. It's the Weather engine that defines and injects the Weather including specifying all cloud types, layers, and formations. Again it's GRIB data that will allow far greater detail and more aesthetically pleasing views out of the cockpit. Your answer makes no sense at all. The soft clouds are nothing more than the cloud textures (bit maps) they are only part of the solution.

You are really not understanding what the difference is between the Weather engine and the cloud texture bit maps. The soft clouds look nice but it's the Weather engine that defines what cloud types and layers are displayed. Hence it's the wx engine that creates the Weather and the GRIB data allows far greater cloud detail and produces far more aesthetically pleasing views (using the soft cloud textures that define how individual clouds look).

As I mentioned above, you do NOT actually use any features of FSUIPC. It's installed but not configured to do anything. So it's perfectly stable (doing nothing), doing nothing at all apart from providing a useful interface to the sim to supplement the limited SimConnect interface.

However, it's up to you whether you want to install FSUIPC. It's NOT essential.

I would strongly advise you leave our GRIB Forecast Data enabled (its on by default) as you will get far greater detailed and improved cloud layering ... this is what creates the great views out of the cockpit.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2017 at 2:18am
So in conclusion ....

FSUIPC is optional, NOT essential, so don't install it if you don't want to.

Leave the option to download and use 'GRIB Forecast Data' enabled ... it makes a big difference and allows far more detailed and better looking Weather including cloud formations. But even the GRIB data is not essential so you can rely solely on the limited METAR data.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2017 at 2:25am
P.S.

If you are not concerned about flying in real world conditions you can disable our GRIB Forecast Data and use our 'Import METAR Data From File' option to import simple metar statements defining the Weather you want to fly in during your sim session. Simply define a GLOB (Global) METAR statement to create your Weather including multiple cloud layers if desired. See the LWE manual for details.

You can also use saved World Weather Themes and Relocate the Weather from any place on the globe to your current flying location. Plenty of options.

Stephen
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic