SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Scenery and Mission Making Tools
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Objects do not Stay Where I Place Them In IS3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmanning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Objects do not Stay Where I Place Them In IS3
    Posted: April-14-2018 at 7:56pm
Hi,
I don't understand what the problem is but every time I place a ground marking that shows the gate location, such as replacing C39 for C32 using IS3, the marking has moved and shifted a foot or so, and reveals some of the markings below it. They were placed precisely where I first placed it, but when I go back and launch the simulator again, it runs the index building a data base again, and that's when the object has shifted. Why is it doing that? Should it not stay precisely where I placed it in the first place? If IS3, cannot do that, I don't find it to be a very precise placement software. I thought it was suppose to do a better job when placing an object. Another problem I find with IS3 is that when I go back and need to make a change or something with an object that I've placed previously, it won't allow me to select that object. It wants to replace it by placing another, same object, over the one I've already placed previously. I shouldn't have to go back and move the object back to where it was place the first time in the first place.

See the screenshot below:

As you can see, everything lines up and the white squares line up nicely.

Now see the image below:

As you can see, it has shifted to the north and to the left, and it also reveals some of the C32 that is below it.

Ken.
GaryGB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryGB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2018 at 12:45am
GaryGB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryGB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2018 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by GaryGB GaryGB wrote:

Hi Ken:

I replied to your original thread here:

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/objects-do-not-stay-where-i-placed-them-in-instant-scenery-3.442596/

GaryGB

Originally posted by FrankBarbosa FrankBarbosa wrote:

A typical snarky GaryGB answer to an innocent question posted by a person who needs help.

Hi Frank:

If you checked the actual facts by following the above link, and then further searched threads at FSDeveloper.com, you would know the history of just how many long hours I have patiently and generously contributed over the last few years, to help Ken Manning with various aspects of FS scenery development.

You might also find that over the years, I have actively advocated that requests for help by numerous other aspiring scenery developers not be ignored or treated with disrespect ...here or elsewhere on FS forums.

Again, please do not mis-interpret my comments and mis-represent me here ...or elsewhere. Exclamation

GaryGB
ualani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ualani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 hours 34 minutes ago at 8:55am
Gary, where is the quote you ciite from Frank coming from?  Somewhere else and accidentally quoting them here? 
GaryGB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryGB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 hours 9 minutes ago at 12:20pm
Originally posted by ualani ualani wrote:

Gary, where is the quote you ciite from Frank coming from?  Somewhere else and accidentally quoting them here?

It appears that someone removed from this thread, the original post that I had quoted above. Wink

GaryGB
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic