SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > SkyDecks Panel Design
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Aircraft Package for v3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KSparkuhl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Aircraft Package for v3
    Posted: October-17-2006 at 12:55am

Here's a first look at the new aircraft package.  UPDATEFinal release version can be downloaded here.  Please note that this package will not work properly with the autolanding feature without version 3.1.  Version 3.1 will be uploaded later in the week and should be up by Wednesday...  but at least you'll get a good look at this package.  These are all new files and will not overwrite any other aircraft files.  If you want to delete the old aircraft package, feel free to do so.

Some things to note:  The night lighting, fuselage light splash and new window textures.  Also, the wing and logo light switches now both control their respective lights (amazing... they don't just come on with the landing lights any longer!  A new *old* trick.)... and last but not least, the new .html checks and reference sheets.  They look great in the simulator.  Also, I will be creating a version of this package for FSX.  These models look fantastic in FSX's demo version, especially with the lack of "jaggies" when viewing the models from spot views.  Very impressive.

I want to thank the many authors who contributed their work, including Erick Cantu of Kittyhawk Studios for the fantastic models.  Repaints by Mike Adamo, Mike Baumann, Paul Cardinaels, Steve Drabek, Rodrigo Flores, Corey Ford, Reiner Konrad, and AJ Nikoley, and a special thank you to Des Braban for the sound files.

And of course I had to put my signature on a repaint.  Here's a couple of screenshots of my rendition of the Air Berlin "7E7" Dreamliner paint scheme.  It turned out really nice.

Let me know what you think, and look for version 3.1 by Wednesday.

Saving the world, one panel at a time.
madcop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madcop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2006 at 1:02pm

Hello Kevin.

Panel v3.1 run real smooth  and I am perfectly happy with it.

All my congratulations

One single question.

When I open my panel Folder (700 and 800 model) I still read in the panel cfg  Boeing 737-800 Panel, Version 3.0
// Artwork and Compilation by Kevin Sparkuhl, SkyDecks Panel Design.
// Copyright (c) 2006, SkyDecks Panel Design. 
//
// "Boeing" (R) is a Registered Trademark Owned by The Boeing Company.

Is this normal ?

Should'nt I read  Boeing737-800 Panel,Version 3.1 ?

Did I miss anything ?

Thanks a lot

Madcop

KSparkuhl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KSparkuhl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2006 at 2:16pm
You didn't miss anything...  I did.  I thought I updated all those pesky "3.0's" to 3.1's in the documentation.  Obviously I missed one.  Not to worry, it's still correct.  Thanks for the heads-up.

madcop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madcop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2006 at 6:12pm

Don't mention it, with pleasure

Madcop

Edge68 View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edge68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2006 at 9:28pm
Thanks for the update Kevin. Smile
Larry KSEA
churchy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote churchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2006 at 2:19pm

Hi Kevin,

Spent some time over the weekend with 3.1. Great results and no problems with GPWS bugs. Also downloaded new aircraft package. On request any chance of Ryanair colours on the 800 version.

Many thanks

Brian

KSparkuhl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KSparkuhl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2006 at 2:43pm

Originally posted by churchy churchy wrote:

...any chance of Ryanair colours on the 800 version.

There already is a Ryanair...  with the Dreamliner livery.  Or are you wanting the standard Ryanair?  If so, search for Steve "Drabek" and "Kittyhawk" on AVSIM and you'll find his rendition of the standard Ryanair paint.

churchy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote churchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2006 at 4:19pm

Kevin,

Thanks for your prompt reply. Already had a Kittyhawk ryanair dreamliner so didn't pick up the new one. Do other Kittyhawk aircraft just need the tweeking per your manual to work properly. Handling with version 3 wasn't so good so might try it with 3.1.

Secondly doing a disc clean up at the moment. Now that I have version 3.1 installed can I uninstal version 3 or do they need to run together.

Brian

KSparkuhl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KSparkuhl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2006 at 4:32pm

You could try the panel as it is with another aircraft folder if you like.  I'd suggest just adding the livery to the aircraft folder if you can though, but try both ways to see how YOU like it.

If you uninstall version 3.0 it will erase any 3.1 files installed.  If you want, just unistall both and reinstall v3.1, or just remove 3.0 from your programs list.

churchy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote churchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2006 at 4:40pm

Many thanks Kevin

Brian

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic