SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Terrain and XpressSim Products > Ultimate Terrain And XpressSim Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

[MOVED] Mesh Problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [MOVED] Mesh Problem
    Posted: August-03-2017 at 6:19am
Hello everybody

I once again have an extraordinary phenomenon with my mesh.

Pictures are added for a better understanding.

The further I sank, the worse was this. This is all about Austria.
Other places I have not yet tested.

GEP3D and UT Europe V2 are installed.

Many thanks for your help.

Best regards
Urs

http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?file=f1bbe7-1501753130.png
http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?file=40b55a-1501753152.png
http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?file=3709a1-1501753180.png
http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?file=c9d238-1501753201.png

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2017 at 6:46am
This is not a mesh problem and its not a GEP3D issue

Looks to me like you have a damaged terrain.cfg. GEP3D has nothing to do with this issue.

You must make sure you give admin rights to programs when you run them such as Ultimate Terrrain.. and you must also be sure to use the version of Ultimate Terrain X than is designed for Prepar3D v4 (if that is the P3D version you are using)

If all of the above is true then your images suggest you may have something ORBX/FTX installed...   if so their product may be causing issues with UTX

I moved this topic to the Ultimate Terrain X support forum. It has nothing to do with GEP3D.

I would suggest posting the version of Prepar3D you are using so they can assist better.

Urs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2017 at 8:36am
Hello Nick

Ohh sorry I forgot this.
I use P3D V4 and GEP3d as well as UT Europe V2 have been installed with the V4 installateur and executed as Admin.

Best regards
Urs
quantumleap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2017 at 12:28pm
I don't see this as a UTX issue either.

Some of the texture squares look like they come from a photo-scenery project. Do you have any of those installed?

Are you over-clocking? Is the cooling working properly on your video card?

What did you do just before you saw this issue for the first time i.e. what did you just install or change? It is extremely rare for things like this to just go wrong on their own and so something triggered this to start.

Jeff

Check out my aviation photography and digital art at Photisify
Urs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2017 at 1:25pm
Hello Jeff,

But it must be a UTX Europe problem.

I had now GEP3D as well as UTX Europe uninstalled = No problems
Now I reinstalled GEP3D = No problems
Now I have UTX Europe installed = The same problem

I have installed CH Pro yes, but this should not represent a problem in Austria or?

It is the UTX Europ uninstalled.

Best regards
Urs
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2017 at 2:20pm
You may want to list the addons you use other than GEP3D and UTX Europe

Airports?
Scenery?
Any Orbx products?
akriesman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akriesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2017 at 2:52pm
Yeah.  I have never seen UTX cause an issue like that.  The scrambling of the tiles looks like a deeper issue than just UTX.   Something really looks corrupted.
Allen

NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2017 at 3:04pm
I wasn't sure if it was a corrupt terrain.cfg from an older UTX version (pre v4 P3D) or a issue with Orbx or another product

Saw something similar some months ago that was leftover Orbx files causing it

Urs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2017 at 12:36am
Hello everybody,

Thank you very much for your answers.

I forgot to mention that I do not use ORBX products, precisely because of such problems.

In Austria I only use Fly Tampa LOWW, FSDG Graz and JustSim LOWG at the moment.

As soon as the installer is suitable for AUSTRIA Pro HD East V4, I intend to install it again. As long as it does not exist, I do not install this product.

Temperature and GPU outage from the PC are good and should not cause any problems.

reagrds
Urs
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2017 at 11:28pm
If this was an inherent issue in UTX Europe then everyone would see it and they do not. Therefore something is, or is getting badly corrupted on your system.

In my previous post I asked if you over-clocked. So while you talk about temperatures you still did not answer that specific question. If you are over-clocking then remove from CPU and video card and see if you still have the problem.

BTW - Why do you have two add-on sceneries for the same location i.e. Graz, or is that a typo in the last one?

Jeff

Urs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2017 at 10:28am
Hi Jeff

Thank you for your reply.

Yes this is a tip error sorry.
FSDG = Graz
JustSim = Innsbruck

In fact, I have an OC with my PC which I Proffesionel of the company Brentford () in Switzerland furnished, since I have no idea.

I had the last time the GPU and temperature with the taskamnager monitored and could not find anything extraordinary.

Should I check it again?

Regards
Urs
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2017 at 11:02pm
If you do not know how to disable/enable your overclock then it makes it very difficult to troubleshoot if this is the issue or not.

Just thought of one other thing. In the P3D Scenery Library, are all the add-on airports you list above all the UTX entries? If not, you should move the airport scenery up above all UTX entries.

Jeff

Urs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2017 at 3:08am
Hi Jeff

I really do not know how I can activate the OC.

I have added pictures from my LĂ©ibary. I am of the opinion this is properly laid out?

According to the picture Libary 6, only airports still exist.

Regards
Urs

Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2017 at 10:30pm
Things look reasonable, but it is clear you have a lot more installed than just the three products you previously mentioned.

There is no easy way for us to rule out any of these other add-ons causing a conflict with UTX as we do not have these products. You could disable all scenery layers for add-ons and just leave the default and UTX enabled to see if the issue still exists, but I do not think there is an easy way to quickly find out what is going on without having your system to investigate.

In summary there is obviously something going on which is triggered by your combination of UTX and other add-ons. The issue could be:

- Corrupt terrain.cfg
- Corrupt ground textures
- Ground textures from a photoscenery product having been written into the global texture folder and being shown incorrectly based on the UTX landclass
- Issues with texture loading on your video card
- Issues with an overclock
- Something else

Jeff

Urs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2017 at 6:22am
Hi Jeff

Uffff that can really be a lot of problems.

And it could really be that I had damaged files. I've atetenter problem when downloading files lately.

I have now again downloaded GEP3D as well as UTX Europe V2 with a download tool.

I've mentioned all the products?
CH PRO
GEP3D and Ultimate Terrain Europe V2
And various addon airports, which I have listed from Austria.
What did not I mention?

I will now re-install the 2 products.

Shall I then the scenery. Cfg times to make this new?

Best regards
Urs
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2017 at 1:13pm
From the screenshots you showed you have multiple other scenery add-ons for areas outside Austria which could be impacting things if they were the ones which conflict or corrupted things. There were also around 40 scenery layers you did not show.

If you remove the scenery.cfg and replace it with the base template version this will mean that you will have to re-install every single scenery product you have to make sure that they recreate their entries in the file. Same for the terrain.cfg (which does not have a base template version stored elsewhere like the scenery.cfg and so you would have to get that from the flightsim install media).

If you are going to go to the lengths of doing all of that, it may even be better to start completely from scratch (something which is usually only needed as a final resort) which would mean adding any add-on aircraft and other add-ons in addition to all the scenery.

Jeff

Urs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2017 at 10:08am
Hi Jeff

But what's wrong.
I have GEP3D, UT Europe, CH Pro and exactly 23 Addon airports as well as GSX.
So together not even 30 Addons.

I wonder where they come from.

I only know the individual Sceneryen write 3 entries with LC and so on.

Ohh no, again everything reinstall I would not. I have already done this on the request of LM. If I had to test every addon dayslang, this would take forever.

I have now re-downloaded and installed GEP3D as well as UT Europe.
Yesterday we made a flight from LIRA to LEMG without any problems.

Maybe I had really corrupted downloads. Since I had problems with Microsoft Edge frequently, I have now downloaded with a free download tool.

Let's hope it remains so.

Thank you very much for your efforts.

Best regards
Urs
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2017 at 10:47am
I assumed there was a possibility of a addon like Orbx that might have corrupted the terrain.cfg or there may be issues from Orbx custom lclookup.bgl as has been seen in the past and perhaps the UTX developers could assist..  I see now that is not the case.

Nothing GEP3D or UTX would cause what you are seeing therefore there is corruption in your install from another addon.

I know it is a pain however it appears to me you have one of 2 choices...

1. Start uninstalling addons other than GEP3D and UTX and check the sim between uninstalls... when the issue stops the last addon you uninstalled was causing the problem, however there is always the possibility a addon permanently damaged the installation so this route is a test and see.

2. Start over clean, clean simulator install and this time only install UTX and then GEP3D, check the sim and if all is good start adding your additional scenery in one by one, checking the sim between installs. When the issue occurs the last addon applied is the culprit.

Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2017 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by Urs Urs wrote:

Maybe I had really corrupted downloads. Since I had problems with Microsoft Edge frequently, I have now downloaded with a free download tool.

If you had issues with corrupted downloads it would be more likely that they would not even run let alone install.

If you just redownloaded and reinstalled GEP3D and UTX Europe there is a possibility that one of these overwrote the corrupted texture files you were seeing from something else with good versions.

Overall there is no simple solution to a situation like yours with multiple add-ons and general issues with file corruption.

Jeff

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic