SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > Fokker 70-100
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMalware

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ose210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Malware
    Posted: October-21-2012 at 4:28pm
Hello,
today, after reinstalling the F100 and when going in FS choosing that airplane, i've a warning about a malware (trojan.scar) in the file "digichk4.dll".
What's means?
flydave123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flydave123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2012 at 4:46pm
Provided you downloaded from Flight1 or purchased the boxed edition, they are virus free, so that is a false positive.

If you know the software is from a trusted source such as a proper boxed edition or a download direct from Flight1, turn off the anti virus as it will corrupt the install.
ose210 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ose210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2012 at 7:09am
Hi again.
The software was downloaded directly from Flight1.
Anyway we are talking about a malware and not about a virus, in this case the antivirus can't find a malware (obviously).
Instead, can you assure the software is MALWARE FREE
Thanks.
alastairmonk View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alastairmonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2012 at 9:58am
Hi,

Virus or malware, the Flight1 software is indeed safe to download. Sometimes one of the components of the actual installer can trigger anti-virus software, but these are false-positives.

Alastair

Core i5 3570K overclocked to 4.7GHz, 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, GTX 680 graphics, Win 7 64-bit

AOPA #04634067

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flydave123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2012 at 10:45am
If your detection software allows it, just select to trust that file. If this is happening when you run the actual aircraft, it will be a pain if you can't turn the warning off.

What protection software are you running? 
KAPTEJNLN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAPTEJNLN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2013 at 12:28pm
well i had the same problem whit the boxed version and i donīt care if its false or not i just know mcafee keeps alerting about this file and would shut down pc and clean it.. and itīs not acceptable i got same problem whit vrinsight in the early days of there software after some time they updatet there files and the problem was gone whit the wind.. but i know that at this stage we never get new data sad as i got it like many for a vc that never came but thatīs another story.. i just mean they got some time after release to fix it as so far this luckly is the only product i have seen whit such problem whit a add-on   
ubersu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ubersu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2013 at 12:42pm
It doesn't need to be fixed because it is not broken.  It is not unusual to get false alerts on files from any anti-virus program.  Set McAfee to ignore the file.

DJ

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flydave123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2013 at 12:42pm
The problem is with Mcafee picking up a false positive and not the with the product software. If Mcafee won't allow you to selectively trust files you know are false positive, then maybe consider switching to better AV software. I recommend AVG.
KAPTEJNLN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAPTEJNLN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2013 at 1:26pm
well all antivirus companys do there own test and finde things.. some are more agrasive then others.. but i just know i never seen any program / file that right after install would go mad like this and i contacted mcafee and let them take over as itīs not right.. i have seen the program blocks some other things but never goes that mad it totaly block you to protect you... and as note there are more bad stuff out there then you know or any virus program would find thats for sure..    
ose210 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ose210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2013 at 8:50am
Hello, today a tried again to re-install F100 and again I was warned about a trojan.scar contained into the DIGICHK4.DLL.
Result: I can't use F100 with my FS9 (payed for it, obviously)Angry
Ask: what is or what is contained into the file DIGICHK4.DLL?

Regards.

Luis

p.s. Remember that trojan.scar isn't a virus but a malware software, as remembered by Microsoft: is a trojan that drops malware with the purpose of modifying the local HOSTS file.....
ripchord38 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripchord38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2013 at 1:32am
      G'day,
                I am spitting chips , and you may ask why.
Well I have never used any pirate software but I can see why people do.
First of I loathe Thieves. Now what has that to do with this thread.
I have a genuine Boxed edition of Fokker 70/100 bought from Flight1
when I TRY to install it I get to 99%  yes 99 bloody % and it just sits there
never in all my born days of flight simming have I had this happen to me except here with Flight1. Now YES the anti-virus and firewall have been disabled and I have not been able to use this software, so what is the problem is it the disk or is the software well I have tried it on 3 other flight sim pc's all with the same results.
If there is Malware on this disk and a TROJAN.SCAR is detected by Norton 360 Then you have placed it on the disk. I demand as many others do and want an answer and not some hyperbole . If I don't get as straight answer I may cut you adrift.
Pat
Retired (RAAF)airman Viet Veteran
alastairmonk View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alastairmonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2013 at 2:18am
Hi Pat,

This is a "false-positive" from Norton, almost certainly triggered by the Flight1 installer EXE. Note the name of the EXE and add it to the list of files not scanned by Norton and assuming that you are installing as an Administrator you should be OK.

You may also wish to try installing in Safe Mode.

Best wishes,

Alastair

Core i5 3570K overclocked to 4.7GHz, 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, GTX 680 graphics, Win 7 64-bit

AOPA #04634067
ripchord38 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripchord38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2013 at 2:49am
G'day Mate,
                   Many thanks for the speedie reply.
I just tried reinstalling the prog again at 99% it stops at spotlight.daf and goes no further I have let it sit there for near on 30 minutes.
And your advice of installing it in safe mode I shall try .
Pat
Retired (RAAF)airman Viet Veteran
KAPTEJNLN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAPTEJNLN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2014 at 6:55am
corrected below
ubersu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ubersu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2014 at 11:47am
There is no problem - there are certain files used in the installer and in the add-on that McAfee's heuristics think are viral/malware. As a developer I've had McAfee trigger when I changed the sub-version of an otherwise unchanged product by one digit. If you can't live with it then just move on to another product because that file has existed for years and is not a threat.

DISCLAIMER: I do not, and never have, work for Flight1. I do have over 40 years of experience in software development and my opinions are my own.

DJ
KAPTEJNLN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAPTEJNLN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2016 at 7:08am
Well I have to stay corrected as last year I did a program and found the problem myself that if i did 1 command more than once the virus program alarmed me and removed the file for the programing. So I can see the problem as false positives..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic