SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Heli Traffic 2009 and FSDiscover Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Making Flight plans.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wbunnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Making Flight plans.
    Posted: February-05-2015 at 1:12pm
I am trying to make flight plans for, Heli Traffic.2009, have tried using GMT and local time, no hellos show up.

Can someone tell me how this accomplished?
wbunnell View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wbunnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2015 at 11:20am
IS there anyone Alive at this WEB SITE?????

Maybe I should be a little specific, in the ad for “Realistic AI Helicopters for FSX and FS9”, it states,

(Heli Traffic 2009 generates random and scheduled helicopter traffic. For random traffic, you simply set the desired number of movements at individual helipads. Heli Traffic 2009 will plan and execute helicopter flights that match your settings at each helipad in the best way possible.
You can also add scheduled helicopters that fly pre-defined routes. To add a scheduled helicopter, you just select the helicopter model to use and specify any number of helipads/landing spots to visit. The helicopter will perform flights between these helipads according to your schedule. For each scheduled helicopter, you can define the desired cruising altitude and airspeed, instead of using the default values.)

When I check Butts AAF I see choppers setting, not moving. I scheduled a UH-1 to move from KFCS pad #1 at 17:00 z, to land at KFCS pad #2 at 17:02, then to return to pad #1. It doesn’t happen!
caveman2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caveman2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2015 at 12:52pm
How or what are you using to make your schedules? Especially placing a time into them?
wbunnell View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wbunnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2015 at 3:14pm
Heli Traffic 2009 User’s Manual   Page 7

"The Store in file dropdown box allows you to select the XML file used to store the
information for this landing spot. If you change the file used for an existing landing spot,
it will be removed from the original file and moved into the new one. Organizing your
landing spots and schedules into several XML files makes it easier to share them with
other users.
Defining scheduled traffic
In addition to the random traffic generated between landing spots, you can specify
individual helicopters flying fixed routes. They are called scheduled helicopters in the
program.
To define scheduled helicopters, use the Add-ons|Heli Traffic 2009| Edit schedules…
menu command. The Scheduled Helicopters dialog box will appear.

The Show schedules from file dropdown box allows you to filter the list by the XML file
used to store the schedules.
Checkboxes in front of individual scheduled helicopters allow you to quickly enable and
disable them without opening their properties.
The Add new button adds a new scheduled helicopter and displays its properties.
The Delete button deletes the scheduled helicopter currently selected in the list.
The Edit button displays the properties of the scheduled helicopter currently selected inthe list:"

I use the Scheduled Box on This page, and try to get one chopper to go to from one spot to another, they don’t even move.
caveman2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caveman2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2015 at 4:45pm
I'm confused! Where in the user guide does it mention a "Departure Time". that you are having problems with? It doesn't. When you start Heli Traffic the clock begins ticking, that's the departure delay spot. Doesn't matter if you start FSX/HT at 0900 or 1200 or 1700, once you start HT the timer is going and if you set a departure delay of 15 minutes that is when the heli will depart (0915 or 1215 or 1700).

There isn't the ability to precisely say depart at 0922 or 1753 or 2211. The schedules run within Heli Traffic time, not any default AI time frame.

Best I can recall.
wbunnell View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wbunnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2015 at 7:23pm
After reading the “Defining scheduled traffic,” again there is NO, departure time, a bad assumption on my part.
Seems kind of weird not having a departure time, like every airport in the real world has.

From the “Realistic AI Helicopters for FSX and FS9”, advertisement,
“Heli Traffic 2009 generates random and scheduled helicopter traffic.
For random traffic, you simply set the desired number of movements at individual helipads. Heli Traffic 2009 will plan and execute helicopter flights that match your settings at each helipad in the best way possible.” Logic dictates a start time, Realistic AI Helicopters for FSX and FS9, let you guess.

I think learning how to make helicopters take off like Nick Black did with the AH-64 and the UH-47.

Thank you for your help.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic