SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > EZdok Software
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"Locked spot" camera?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stangi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Locked spot" camera?
    Posted: March-07-2010 at 6:46am
Hi, I'm just wondering; how do you use Ezdok with the "locked spot" camera? As far as I can see, EZCA doesn't have one. I tried using the default FSX "locked spot", but because the hatswitch has to be deactivated in FSX, it doesn't work. I can't look around.
I hope someone will answar because I really like to use the "locked spot" camera to look at the scenery and aircraft.

Oh, and one more thing; when I'm in the virtual cockpit and rotate the camera 180 degrees, the camera moves to one of the sides. Either in the co-pilot seat or just outside the aircraft. Anyone else noticed this?

Thanks for any replies
Stangi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stangi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2010 at 7:58am
Just an update from my side. The camera rotation problem seemed to be the 3D-Panoraming. I thought they were at zero, but I was wrong. However, the 3D-panoraming was on by default, and I had to turn it off for every view on every plane. Is that normal?
rabid View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rabid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2010 at 11:25am
I have the same issue in spot view, except I can only rotate horizontally.
If I try to move up or down nothing happens.
The instructions were followed to the letter regarding preparation and the removal of the hat switch and other pan mappings.

Also on the Maule, EZDok took over my 3 and 4 buttons on the joystick to zoom in and out with, which I normally map to elevator trim...?!

Edit: the rotation issue in spot view also affects the mouse look.
One last thing, when I have my 3 controllers (joystick, rudder pedals and quadrant), EZDok does not see my joystick (for panning). If I remove the 2 others it does.
Barnes View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barnes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2010 at 11:38am

Originally posted by rabid rabid wrote:

I have the same issue in spot view, except I can only rotate horizontally.
If I try to move up or down nothing happens.
The instructions were followed to the letter regarding preparation and the removal of the hat switch and other pan mappings.

Also on the Maule, EZDok took over my 3 and 4 buttons on the joystick to zoom in and out with, which I normally map to elevator trim...?!

I am also seeing the same issue you are reporting in spot view. I can rotate around the x-axis using the hat, but y-axis does not work. Both work fine while in any of the EZdoc modes.

Regarding your Maule problem, just re-map the views that are interfering with your elevator trim to another joystick button or delete the offending joystick view assignments all together.  

rabid View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rabid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2010 at 12:13pm
Thank you!
I'd love to know how to remove a kb or joystick shortcut without having to remap it, or manually delete the hotkey entry from the corresponding ini file.
Barnes View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barnes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2010 at 2:46pm
What you can do is clone the mapped view if you want to keep it. That will create a second copy of the view in your list without a key/button shortcut mapped to it. Once you have done that, you can delete the original. Cloning and deleting is done by right-clicking on the view name and selecting the appropriate choice from the pop-up menu.
Marniftarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marniftarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2010 at 8:53am
Thank you!
I'd love to know how to remove a kb or joystick shortcut without having to remap it, or manually delete the hotkey entry from the corresponding ini file.

===
For keyboard and joystick shortcuts:

Click left mouse button in shortcut box in main EZCA panel, the box will fill with red color , then press ESCAPE key on keyb. .This shortcut will be deleted.

For general settings:
Click once left mouse button on shortcut box but not press any key .This shortcut will be deleted. Close general settings panel.
EZdok software
www.ezdok-software.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marniftarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2010 at 8:54am
About locked spot. EZCA can not support this mode because Simconnect has not some variables   for make this views mode. Use A S keys for use built in FSX view system.

But in plane make some "cinema" view mode like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uK1MC-8XQY
EZdok software
www.ezdok-software.com
Stangi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stangi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2010 at 2:45pm
-----------------------------------------------------
But in plane make some "cinema" view mode like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uK1MC-8XQY
-----------------------------------------------------

Forgive my stupidity, but I don't understand how to make views like this.
Can someone please explain?
dougal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2010 at 6:11pm

You're not on your own Stangi.  I am really struggling to unserstand the uses of this addon.

I'm sure once finished, it'll be great though.

Phil 'Dougal' Symonds - Windows7 x64 - FSX - Case: CM-Stacker – M/B: Asus P8Z68-V PRO - CPU: i7 2600k @ 4.8ghz - RAM: 8Gb Mushkin Blackline - Vid: eVGA GTX570
BobP View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2010 at 7:05pm
I'm please to join the confusion. :) Did the question get answered concerning NOT being able to pan up or down in the FSX spot mode? If it did, I'm really in trouble. LOL. Also, the VC camera is influenced by the movement of the camera in the spot mode. Both vertical and horizontal.

Bob.. :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marniftarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2010 at 7:11pm
Disable EZCA (Num3 key default) when you want use built in views of FSX.

In next release we will add automatic disable EZCA when user switch cameras with "A" "S" (or combination with ctrl & shift)   keys.
EZdok software
www.ezdok-software.com
BobP View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2010 at 7:16pm
Understood. However, the 'Hat Switch' key is disabled for the default FSX views. Thanks.

Bob.. :)
jdyoung View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdyoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2010 at 10:26am

Count me in as one who has lost ability to pan up/down while in spot/locked spot mode.  I can only pan horizontally around the plane but not vertically.  I tried creating a new camera view above the plane but when I use hat switch it rotates around the camera axis instead of keeping the plane centered on my view.  Frustrating.

I followed all instructions to disable hat switch in FSX. 

Also when I open a new window (in upper corner) I am unable to pan that view at all, even when I click on that window! 

Lastly, when I cycle through the standard S key views I get a VERY strange view looking backwards at the inside of my plane (default 737)!  I tried changing that view through EDIT but it also changed my virtual cockpit view! 

Please and thank you for help.  :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marniftarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2010 at 5:30pm
Hi all !

There is a small nuance at usage EZCA together with built in FSX view system. This problem have with work "built in in vew systems" and EZCA . For example, in the user manual simconnect it is told - "The SimConnect_CameraSetRelative6DOF function is used to adjust the user's aircraft view camera."
where:

fDeltaX - Float containing the delta in the x-axis from the eyepoint reference point.
fDeltaY - Float containing the delta in the y-axis from the eyepoint reference point.
fDeltaZ - Float containing the delta in the z-axis from the eyepoint reference point.
fPitchDeg - Float containing the pitch in degrees (rotation about the x axis). A postive value points the nose down, a negative value up. The range of allowable values is +90 to -90 degrees.
fBankDeg - Float containing the bank angle in degrees (rotation about the z axis). The range of allowable values is +180 to -180 degrees.
fHeadingDeg - Float containing the heading in degrees (rotation about the y axis). A positive value rotates the view right, a negative value left. If the user is viewing the 2D cockpit, the view will change to the Virtual Cockpit 3D view if the angle exceeds 45 degrees from the view ahead. The Virtual Cockpit view will change back to the 2D cockpit view if the heading angle drops below 45 degrees. The range of allowable values is +180 to -180 degrees."

== the citation end.

It is true only for VC and Aircraft cameras and in any way does not work with Spot, Fly-By and World cameras. For example, at the sight of from Spot cameras, effecting axis DeltaX through simconnect I see camera rotation on axis BankDeg. It is not a problem , because i can change algorithms. But if I effect an axis on Spot camera on axis DeltaY I do not receive results. Simconnect cannot control these cameras.

Misters from Microsoft have left unfinished handle Spot, Fly-By and World from simconnect. Unfortunately I not developer FSX and I cannot rectify another's error.

Also simconnect does not give the information on camera type in a simulator when you use keys A S. Thus EZCA cannot know when the user has changed type of the camera and cannot will be switched off or to change algorithms for this type of the camera. Also i can not read camera name and camera type from simconnect.

Other example - camera World has not coordinates and for moved this camera   I should reverse algorithm of effect on its axis which is not described in user manual. It not documentary possibility.

Now I only can suggest to take out "Spot, Fly-By, Top-Down" cameras in to interface EZCA and to give the to user customise shortcuts as in FSX. When the user will call such camera, EZCA will be completely will disabled, thereby to give work to these cameras but WITHOUT ANY EFFECTS of VIBRATION!. If the user calls VC or Aircraft, or world the camera from EZCA, all effects will be included.
How idea ?
EZdok software
www.ezdok-software.com
molleh View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote molleh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2010 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by Marniftarr Marniftarr wrote:

Now I only can suggest to take out "Spot, Fly-By, Top-Down" cameras in to interface EZCA and to give the to user customise shortcuts as in FSX. When the user will call such camera, EZCA will be completely will disabled, thereby to give work to these cameras but WITHOUT ANY EFFECTS of VIBRATION!. If the user calls VC or Aircraft, or world the camera from EZCA, all effects will be included.
How idea ?

I think this is a good idea!
jdyoung View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdyoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2010 at 6:50pm
Nice!  I second the idea! 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic