SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Heli Traffic 2009 and FSDiscover Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Loading screen hangs up in FSX

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mach3+ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Loading screen hangs up in FSX
    Posted: June-24-2016 at 6:55am
Greetings,

I installed Heli Traffic 2009 to both FS 2004 and FSX GOLD (Boxed) to Windows 7 x64 Ultimate. Also have Ultimate Traffic 2 installed.

They both work fine. However on FSX the Heli Traffic 2009 loading screen always gets stuck at this exact spot...

I can hear FSX running in the background, so it's not locked up/frozen. Just this loading screen doesn't clear when done. One way I found to get out of this is to hit the ESC key on the keyboard then I can start my flight. Is this a known bug and is there something I can do to fix it? As I said, runs normal except for this start up nuisance.

THANKS, Jack
electric man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote electric man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2016 at 11:03am
Hi Jack, maybe you have the same problem I had; check taskmanager for a svhoest.exe that eats a lot of CPU and memory and right click on it and then on "go to service", if it is "wuauserv" then see this solution given by Nick, that did it for me http://www.simforums.com/forums/question-for-nick-about-wuauserv_topic55919.html

Herman
Mach3+ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mach3+ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2016 at 8:39pm
Hi Herman,

I should mention the FSX Heli Traffic 2009 loading hangup has been like this since I installed it in 2013. I'm just finally getting around to see if there is a solution to fix this since I'd like to just leave the Heli traffic on all the time. I have not seen this reported anywhere and thought it might have something to do with being installed into both simulators. The Heli Traffic 2009 program is installed on my C: drive and FS2004 and FSX are installed on a separate D: drive, btw.

There's NO unusual loading delay with FSX/Ultimate Traffic 2/Etc. My posted screenshot of the Heli Traffic even loads quickly. Just hangs at the end.

Regarding your link, I have been following the Microsoft Windows 10 update push from the beginning. I have auto updates turned off and I also screen EVERY update in WU. If it even hints of a Windows 10 update, it doesn't get installed. I even HIDE the Windows 10 updates and Microsoft keeps UN-HIDING them. I'm keeping this a Windows 7 computer. But I'll look at what you mentioned about "wuauserv".

Jack

Mach3+ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mach3+ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2016 at 6:06pm
HHHMMMMM I guess because this product is now 7 years old the support for it has gone away.

Thanks to Herman for trying to help.

"HELLO" ...hello ...hello ....hello

"ECHO" ...echo ...echo ...echo

<Insert sound of crickets chirping here>
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic