SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > Opus Software
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Live Camera

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 222324
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2017 at 3:56am
We are considering adding it but there have been problems at the LM end of the PDK.

I have prepared the software ready to try again sometime. We are also llooking at other ways of determining zoom levels since the P3Dv4 SimConnect link it’s almost as efficient for 6DOF as the PDK, if not the same.

Stephen
TymK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TymK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2017 at 6:01pm
Thanks, I look forward to what you come up with. Generally, the one thing I miss is the ability to go smoothly from any camera pan/pitch position to a predefined VC view. Is that still impossible for OpusFSI to read the current camera PBH with SimConnect (without the PDK)?

Cheers,
Tym
Opus Software View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2017 at 3:11am
We will have to investigate with the latest LM SimConnect and FSUIPC. I think SimConnect does not provide any zoom change or setting events, that’s why we used the PDK which did include the ability to read the current zoom level, most likely added for VR support.

Stephen
aussibob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aussibob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 hours 57 minutes ago at 1:03am
Hi Stephen
Were you able to replicate the issue I am having or is it specific to my system? Also, what actually triggers the Pause Update? Have you been able to determine "the conditions" that trigger it?

If it specific to my system, I don't want to act hastily, but I am prepared to uninstall/reinstall OpusFSI and Prepar3d if necessary to see if the issue goes away.
Bob

Just noted: If you crash in the sim (just touched a parked aircraft) you lose the OpusFSI views when the sim restarts

Any further thought on the issue???

Bob

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 hours 7 minutes ago at 2:53am
The sim creates events via SimConnect when you open the sim dialog and when you close it. It’s got nothing to do with the pause key. This status change is sent to the client.

The clock update (sync) message will only be sent if you have both Live View and Live Weather enabled on both server and client system. Clock sync is part of the Live Weather operation and needed to ensure correct OpusFSI weather depiction.

The Windowed Views problem was corrected in a beta and the fix is included in the latest 5.20 beta.

Stephen :-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 hours 1 minutes ago at 2:59am
Views ... OpusFSI Live Camera will only initialise a default view when it receives notification of the selected aircraft type via SimConnect. I will check the crash situation, not sure what P3D does after a crash restart. You should however assign a button/key to your view so you can re select it using the button/key.

I will see what my system does when the aircraft crashes.

I will see if I can enable clock sync when only Live View is enabled, make it independent of Live Weather.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 hours 38 minutes ago at 4:22am
If you crash the aircraft...

There’s no unique event that I can detect in this case so I am unable to re select your default view. All I can suggest is after the sim has settled down and reloaded the flight, you press the default views assigned button or key to reselect it.

Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 hours 10 minutes ago at 4:50am
We have checked again and the software will clock sync when you have either Live View or Live Weather enabled.

Cheryl
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 222324
  Share Topic