SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > Opus Software
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

LIMITED OPERATION

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larshgf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LIMITED OPERATION
    Posted: February-12-2013 at 3:37pm
After a lot of trial and error I finaly succeeded to start the Opus FSXServer without the errrormessage:
"Unable to access the installation folder, please check your configuration settings, you may need to adjust your sharing and security permissions".

Now I have a problem with LIMITED OPERATION showed in the "Mode of Operation" field. The program is puchased and downloaded. I did not use the DEMO version in the first place (Why download and install a DEMO when it's easier to purchase and download directly!).
I have installed OpusFSX in C:\OpusFSX\ as proposed during the installation. I have tried to search the pdf "OpusFSX_Getting_Started_Single_PC" and OpusFSX forum without luck.
What is wrong here? I thought installation of OpusFSX was just so easy BUT.......

BR
Lars
Opus Software View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2013 at 4:09pm
It is very easy, thousands of people have done it and continue to reinstall every day! The error message was self explanatory and if you followed the Getting Started guide you will have had no problems. The error message says everything though and guides you to check your configuration and access permissions.

No need for the BUT comments please, help is only one post or email away.

People download and install the Demo to use as a demonstration before purchase.

I assume you have unwrapped the purchase and installed your key and licence in the c:\Opus Software folder as instructed, and not moved or copied these files elsewhere.

Next you install the OpusFSX.msi into its own folder. It must be installed on only one drive and all files must be from the same installation.

Please check the above. Any further problems just email me with your purchase details and we will go from there.

Regards
Stephen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2013 at 4:25pm
Best just check you have unwrapped and installed your licence and key files into 'c:\Opus Software'.

They are expected to be in that folder and nowhere else. If you have installed the OpusFSX.msi into the c:\OpusFSX folder then everything should be ok provided all sharing and access permissions have been set. You must not install or copy the files onto any othe drive though. You could also try downloading the Upgrade or Beta, uninstalling and reinstalling OpusFSX, just in case there was a problem with the purchase file.

Regards
Stephen
larshgf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larshgf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2013 at 5:54pm
I have installed OpusFSX where expected. The lic-file and reg-file (=key) are in the same folder. All the permissions and security is set to "ALL USERS" as described in the manual.
I use P3D and the FSX To P3D Migration tool from Estonia. Can this give an error like the described? I thought many simmers used this tool in relation to P3D?
peebee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2013 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by larshgf larshgf wrote:

I have installed OpusFSX where expected. The lic-file and reg-file (=key) are in the same folder. All the permissions and security is set to "ALL USERS" as described in the manual.
I use P3D and the FSX To P3D Migration tool from Estonia. Can this give an error like the described? I thought many simmers used this tool in relation to P3D?

The licence key info and the install files should not be in the same folder. As Stephen explains in the previous post.
Regards Phil

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2013 at 3:15am
True, there's your problem. OpusFSX must not be installed in c:\Opus Software or in program files and should be installed in its own folder (c:\OpusFSX) on just one drive. Do this and you should be fine.

Stephen
larshgf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larshgf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2013 at 7:35am
Thank you - I will do as adviced when I return from work.

The fact that I use FSX To P3D Migration tool from Estonia should not give any problems in relation to OpusFSX?

Regards
Lars

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Opus Software Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2013 at 10:09am
No problem, you just specify the P3D option, identify the P3D install folder and make sure it has the proper sharing and access permissions for the 'Everyone' group.

Stephen
larshgf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larshgf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2013 at 12:33pm
Thank you guys! I now have "UNLIMITED OPERATION". I better RTFM next time Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic