SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > BN-2 Islander Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

KLN90a loading error in P3D v3.4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinsue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: KLN90a loading error in P3D v3.4
    Posted: December-28-2016 at 8:17am
I recently took the plunge and upgraded P3D to v3.4 and reinstalled the BN-2 Islander. As stated in some of the other posts in this forum, everthing works fine except for the gps. Everything was working in P3D v2.4 including the KLN 90a but in v3.4 the gps displays the message "ERR: unable to start KLN90a.!! Check install settings." even with the cockpit in the cold and dark state. 

I have gone through all of the suggestions regarding this problem that I could find on the internet, including ensuring the Terminus.ttf font is installed and everything has authenticated permissions with Full control as administrators etc. I've tried installing with the latest download version BN-2_Islander_1-6_Final.exe run as administrator as well as manually installing by copying all of the files directly from v2.4 into v2.5 but so far everything has been unsuccessful.

I'm really hope that someone has figured out a workaround for this problem and is willing to share the solution as I have run out of ideas, but would like to keep this aircraft in it's original configuration including the old steam driven KLN90. Any help or advice will be very much appreciated.

Best Regards....Kev*
Viking01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viking01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2017 at 11:18am
Bumping this question up:
Does anyone found a solution to get the KLN90 to work (or at least to switch the beeping sound off)?
ScottecLEMD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottecLEMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2017 at 12:45pm
Guys,

Old thread but would you believe, the lasts Windows Creator edition solves the problem!
IslandBear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslandBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2017 at 12:29am
I installed the program and the KLN90A gives an error and says check the setup.  I am not sure what to do about that.  Any suggestions. I have Windows 7.
Pete
CPC900 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CPC900 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2017 at 4:02pm
I was thinking of getting the BN-2, but only if it works in P3D.  And also, if there are any plans to make it V4 compatible?!  Does anyone having any ideas on this?!  Thanks.

Bruce
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic