SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Ground Environment X Series
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - JAPAN LANDCLASS - GEX ASA/GEP3D - UPDATED P3Dv4
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

JAPAN LANDCLASS - GEX ASA/GEP3D - UPDATED P3Dv4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: JAPAN LANDCLASS - GEX ASA/GEP3D - UPDATED P3Dv4
    Posted: January-16-2013 at 9:57am

THE FILES HAVE BEEN UPDATED FOR P3DV4

I HAVE CHANGED THE FILES AND THE DIRECTIONS TO SIMPLIFY THE INSTALL AND ENABLE PROCESS

Mr. HARUO's FREEWARE JAPAN LANDCLASS:

FOR GEX ASIA/SOUTH AMERICA and GEP3D

Works with

FSX   FSXSE or PREPAR3D

I rarely link products in this forum unless I find them to be outstanding and the devloper congratulated on a job well done.

Paul Wheelers freeware tropical island packages are on that list!..  however I would like to direct your attention to another awesome freeware package.

As many of you who fly in Asia most likely already know the landclass there is very poor and Aces made a lot of mistakes in file calls for the region. Even the 3rd party landclass products, although help, do not bring Japan 'ALIVE' like this freeware. I came across this little GEM and want to bring it to everyones attention!

It is a freeware landclass for the entire country of Japan which includes ROAD data as well as corrected shorelines, etc. It is very much like a mini "UTX Japan" I have tested this freeware landclass extensively with our GEX ASA and GEP3D products and with the exception of a few 'minor' issues, it is the BEST render of Japan in FSX I have ever seen.

This is freeware and credit for the person who developed it is Mr. Haruo

His blog, Haru?JETMAX Home Cockpit which is in Japanese is located here: http://ameblo.jp/haruo1978/  

And the freeware for Japan (and other spot Asia locations) in FSX is located here: http://nazo.secret.jp/fsx/index.html

NOTE; RECENTLY THE FILES BECAME UNAVAILABLE AND THE WEB PAGE LINKS POSTED ABOVE ARE NOW DEAD. IN ORDER TO MAINTAIN THE CREDIT FOR THE SOURCE I AM LEAVING THE INFORMATION ABOVE HOWEVER I AM PROVIDING A DIRECT LINK TO THE FILES BELOW.

INSTRUCTIONS:

This is very simple!

1. Download the Japan landclass file named: Haruo's_Japan_Landclass.zip to your desktop and unzip it.

2. Copy the unzipped folder: Haruo's_Japan_Landclass to the FSX/FSXSE or Prepar3D Addon Scenery directory. NOTE: The folder can be placed anywhere. It does not have to be in the Addon Scenery directory of any simulator

3. Open the Haruo's Japan Landclass directory...  inside you will find the following:

jpx_base
jpx_extended
jpx_object
BLDV3.dds  <------  copy/paste this file into the main simulator texture directory
readme.txt

4. Copy the file: BLDV3.dds into your <SIMULATOR Install>\Texture directory

5. Launch FSX/FSXSE or Prepar3D. Go to the Scenery Library and click ADD AREA. Browse to and open the Addon Scenery\Haruo Japan Landclass directory.

Select to add the scenery folders in this order one at a time:

jpx_base
jpx_extended
jpx_object

Browse and open the first directory, click OK, Repeat until all 3 directories appear in your scenery library list.

NOTE: In FSX and Windows 7 there is a bug where you must place the mouse pointer anywhere in the white box and click once to accept the selection, this is a Windows 7 bug and the FSX scenery library will accept your selection after doing so..

The 3 scenery directories should appear in your scenery library as shown if you have done this operation correctly:

If you made a mistake, simply click MOVE UP/DOWN and order the folders exactly as shown above

6. IF YOU USE any 3rd party landclass such as SceneryTech or Xclass Asia, BE SURE it is located anywhere BELOW the 3 entries shown above. You can enable them and they can be layered anywhere, just make sure they are UNDER the entries as displayed.

IF you use any addon airports in Japan, be sure they are listed ABOVE the 3 entries shown

7. Click OK and let the scenery database rebuild

8: Launch your Japan flight.

ONE LAST NOTE: Tokyo in default FSX has always been hard on frames due to the airport and the complex FSX custom city models used there. This landclass will increase the system load in the city of Tokyo since it will call many high-count autogen tiles. Users on slower systems may need to trim the autogen slider in Tokyo somewhat. I found no other location in Japan that imposed any load issues.

ENJOY this wonderful landclass for Japan with GEX Asia and South America and Ground Environment Prepar3D World Edition.

Mr Haruo, Thank you for your work! It is quite stunning and everyone should know about your talent and this generous freeware offer to the Flightsim community. 

============================================================

rpowers46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpowers46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2013 at 4:01pm
Nick,Thanks for the post.Can this LC be used if we do not have GEX Asia yet?Are you on the North Shore now?Thanks,Ron
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2013 at 4:10pm
You can not use the GEX altered additional files or it will screw up your render with mismatched files.

You can use the LC itself but do not add the GEX files unless you use GEX Asia/South America

You will not get the same results or look like the image I posted without GEX ASA and many of the cities as well as other features will not appear the same. The additional GEX files are specifically modified to work with the landclass and GEX ASA

I just updated the GEX ASA addition to add full seasonal support for Mt Fujiyama in his LC with GEX ASA

I came back over a week ago but was not on the north shore.. I spent the time on 2 other islands
DEaD View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DEaD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2013 at 6:36pm
Thanks Nick for the heads up, really looks great with ASA.Thumbs Up
Anxu View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anxu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2013 at 10:22am
Hi Nick (or someone who knows),

Where can I find the packages made by Paul Wheelers:

"Paul Wheelers freeware tropical island packages"

As mentioned above?

Thanks

Never mind,  I found it through Google.

Thanks
Vu
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2013 at 11:58am
Thumbs Up
BoHill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoHill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2013 at 2:09pm
Hi Nick!

I followed your instructions exactly, but when trying to add the three files:
jpx_base
jpx_extended
jpx_object
to the Scenic library, I get  a blank line entry for each one, in priority slots 1,2, and 3.

It seems they have been added, but no name appears in the list after adding.

Any suggestions?
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2013 at 2:27pm
If they were added they would show up in the scenery library list at the top

are you sure you are not dealing with the FSX/Windows7 scenery library bug?  You have to use a workaround with Windows 7 to manually add scenery to the library

When you select the folder then put the mouse in the white box area and click it.. it will accept the scenery selection. 

BoHill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoHill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2013 at 2:38pm
It's probably the Win7 bug.  I just tried to add them again, but it says each one already exists, although as I said, there is no "name" in the 3 library listings, just three enabled no name slots 1-3.

I checked flying out of Narita RJAA and headed SW towards Tokyo.  I see blue roofs, square symetrical odffices/apts with many regular rows of windows and a huge round stadium.

Does that sound right?
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2013 at 2:45pm
That's strange!   No name?   I have never heard of that!

You are saying you see 3 blank lines at the top of the scenery library?

They must be in the correct order in the list

Are you sure you followed the directions and compiled the folders as I outlined?

I honestly cant tell you what is right from a typed description of the area
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2013 at 2:53pm

Try deleting each blank line in the scenery library, then browse and add them again.. When you select the first directory with the mouse, then put the mouse pointer in the white box area next to where it shows the folder and click once, that should close the box and accept the scenery folder. Then repeat for the others

You should see the NAME of the directory at the top of the list, then repeat for the other two and make sure they are listed in the correct order as I show above
BoHill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoHill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2013 at 3:18pm
By the white box, do you mean the one labeled "scenery area title" or the one labeled "directory"?

Anyway, I tried it both ways and still get the same results.  Perhaps when I place d the tow GEX mod jpx files into the Haruo folder, I did not get a proper overwrite.  I will try again from the beginning.
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2013 at 3:40pm

This is the outline to add Scenery in Windows 7..

Click ADD AREA in the Scenery Library and then browse to the location of the named scenery folder..   click it once to select...

And yes, I would start over and make sure your directory structures are right.. something isn't right and I suspect something is missing

BoHill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoHill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2013 at 3:58pm
Hooray for Nick!  That did the trick; I did not realize you meant the main white box where the scenery file was listed.  It worked great and it's all fine now..

Thanks for being patient with me on this; I guess I need my head examined. Smile

Later, I will install the PW Sceneries for the Caribbean.  In the replacement beach texture section, it mentions correcting the FSX terrain.cfg, but doesn't give any details.  Is this important?
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2013 at 5:04pm
naaaa..  you just got BOMBED by Microsoft

Glad we got it sorted

You DONT need Paul's beach textures if you have the GEX Atlantic/Pacific Tropics installed.. it will overwrite the GEX version. GEX APT will be used by Paul's scenery down there

BoHill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoHill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2013 at 10:36pm
That's good then; I have all the new GEX series so I'm good to go for PWsceneries.

Thanks again and cheers!
CrisGer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrisGer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2014 at 9:35am
I would very much like to try out this Japan Landclass you describe but the link is unfortunately no longer working. Can you possibly share a copy of it with me or help me find where it may be located on his site? i am looking now but not having much luck yet. I have collected a lot of FSX resources on Japan and would love to try this set as you highly reccomend it. thanks for any help on this.
Admin
3D World and Game Developers
"We Build Worlds"
infall@msn.com View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infall@msn.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2014 at 7:39pm
Ditto:

"I would very much like to try out this Japan Landclass you describe but the link you posted above is unfortunately no longer working."

If still available.. I have a question: Is this much better than the SceneryTech Asia. Can it be used with SceneryTech Asia?
Specs:IntelCore i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-E / 3.6GHz, Cache 10MB L3 cache, Liquid cooled. 32GB RAM, Video cards: 3GB AMD Sapphire Radeon HD 7950x2,Hard drives: 500GB Samsung Pro SSD, 2TB HDD, Win7Pro 64Bit
CrisGer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrisGer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2014 at 10:10am
Thanks Infall, let's hope we can hear back from Nick. I also found some very good Japan Mesh sets here:

http://www.flightinfo.jp/jtms/

in case you didnt know about them and some excellent cities and other add ons here:

http://www.freewarescenery.com/fsx/japan.html

these all work as i dl them again tho i had some already just to be safe and have a backup.

Work is continuing in Japan but i see some o the sites are now gone so maybe things are fading a bit in favour of that new variation of FSX.
Admin
3D World and Game Developers
"We Build Worlds"
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2014 at 11:54am
I will look at this and repost a direct link later today
infall@msn.com View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infall@msn.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2014 at 3:54pm
Thanks Nick. Once the link did not work... I stopped reading. LOL. Thanks for gettingthis back up for us!

Thanks for the Links CrisGer! I will check them out. Much appreciated.
Specs:IntelCore i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-E / 3.6GHz, Cache 10MB L3 cache, Liquid cooled. 32GB RAM, Video cards: 3GB AMD Sapphire Radeon HD 7950x2,Hard drives: 500GB Samsung Pro SSD, 2TB HDD, Win7Pro 64Bit
deepstar View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deepstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2015 at 2:43pm
Hi

Will this work for those upgrading to GEX ASA 1.10 ?
i7 4770K 4.3GHz, GTX 780Ti, ASUS Z87, W7 Pro x64, 16GB 1866 MHz, Corsair Hydro H105, SSD Samsung 850 Pro 512GB & 1TB & HDD WD 3TB, 3x27" TH2GO 5760x1080, Saitek, TrackIR5
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2015 at 3:06pm

Originally posted by deepstar deepstar wrote:

Hi

Let me check the GEX files..   the landclass part will, no question.. its just landclass but the GEX files in the zip I posted may need to be updated, I cant remember since its been a while.

I will check and post back in a few minutes. In the mean time the landclass part can be installed as it will work fine regardless
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2015 at 3:08pm

Originally posted by deepstar deepstar wrote:

Hi

Yes, confirmed, good to go..   just follow the directions above
deepstar View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deepstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2015 at 10:35pm
Hi NickN

Thank you. Upgrading GEX ASA to 1.10
i7 4770K 4.3GHz, GTX 780Ti, ASUS Z87, W7 Pro x64, 16GB 1866 MHz, Corsair Hydro H105, SSD Samsung 850 Pro 512GB & 1TB & HDD WD 3TB, 3x27" TH2GO 5760x1080, Saitek, TrackIR5
copilot767 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote copilot767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2015 at 9:45am
I have done exactly as described, but donīt see any difference in scenery ..disabeled or enabled Japan Landclass.
Using GEX asia..

Can I have forgot anything..

Chris from Denmark :)
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2015 at 4:20pm
The directions are clear. I don't know what the issue is or how to assist.

If you did exactly as outlined the changes should be obvious

All I can suggest is start over and try again from the beginning
deepstar View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deepstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2015 at 2:30pm
Thank you Nick
Going to upgrade GEX to 1.20 and Japan.
Thanks

TheFamilyMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheFamilyMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2015 at 3:00pm
I just ran across this and installed it.  The level of quality of this is top rate, amazing that it is freeware (though one has to pay for admission with GEX ASA).  Tokyo at dense autogen tanks my performance, as mentioned, but does look stunning, as do all of the other areas I've visited in FSX (which don't tank FPS at all).  All I can say is thanks for advertising this and providing for free such a brilliant work.  Mr. Haruo, much thanks! Clap Obviously a labor of love.

It's amazing what quality landclass can do for FSX; IMO this easily outshines UTX.
Rod O.

i7 4770k @4.5/4.3, Asus Z87 Pro, 2x8GB DDR3 2400 cas 10, evga 1070 gtx SC, Corsair TX-750 PSU, Silver Arrow SB-E HSF

Win 7 Ult 64, Asus 25" IPS 2K monitor
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2015 at 9:46am
GEX/GEP3D is not required to use the freeware LC.
If you use the GEX/GEP3D products then the patch I posted is required in order to upgrade the experience and match tiles but anyone can use the LC without GEX/GEP3D. The patch cant be used, that's all. 

Yes, it is one of the best LC's I have seen for a specific area.
deepstar View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deepstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2015 at 9:49am
Hi
Well. GEX ASA with the patch and this Japan LC is nice. Great bonus for us with GEX ASA.
Some addons like to edit FSX Autogen files. For the best experience with lots of Autogen and trees, disable Forest Performance Fix and use the original Autogen files dated 2006/2007.
Tokyo is hard on FPS. Lower the settings.
Thank you.

Edit after a reply from NickN:
When I said FSX Autogen files, I mean those in the FSX\Autogen directory.
Addons like FT Grenadines/29Palms Skiathos/Orbx FTX like to edit these.
NickN View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2015 at 10:11am
Disable the autogen forest performance fix is fine BUT
You cant remove the GEX autogen files..  !!

The autogen will no longer work with the graphics

Please don't post very bad advice
deepstar View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deepstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2015 at 10:16am
Hi.
GEX Autogen files ? I mean those files in FSX\Autogen\ directory.

Edit:
These files:
AutogenDescriptions
AutogenDescriptions_Mid
AutogenDescriptions_Min
Extrusions
Materials
RoofDescriptions
TerrainAutogenClassDescriptions
Dated 2006/2007

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic