SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Scenery and Mission Making Tools
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IS3 (P3D) changing a "base" scenery

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDLinn2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IS3 (P3D) changing a "base" scenery
    Posted: May-04-2017 at 11:14am
Hi ... I'm trying to delete 5 objects in C\P3d\Scenery\0003\Scenery\OBX06240.bgl.  When I use the edit function of IS3 and bring in this folder, it all looks fine. The object I want to delete highlights then when I click DELETE OBJECT, P3D crashes.  Is there something different about the "base" sceneries?  How can one delete an object in such a folder?

thank you
Doug Linn/RTMM
GaryGB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryGB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2017 at 1:10pm
Hi Doug:

In FS or P3D the consensus is to never edit or otherwise modify default files, thus the alternative is to "Exclude" (...and if desired) "Replace" scenery content.

IIRC, LM has added protections to prevent end user modification of 'most' default P3D files.

IS3 can create a BGLComp-XML-type "Exclusion Rectangle" for objects placed via BGLComp-XML-type placement methods in a live FS / P3D flight session.

The process is described in the IS3 User Guide on pages 24 and 25.

NOTE: The "Exclusion Rectangle" info should be saved into a BGL named ex: EXCL_OBX06240.bgl, that must be located in a \Scenery sub-folder of an active Area layer.

That active  Area layer must be placed physically above that for the default [P3D install path]\Scenery\0003\Scenery\ Area layer ...within the FS / P3D Scenery Library GUI stack of layers.

Hope this helps ! Smile

GaryGB
JDLinn2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDLinn2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2017 at 7:58am
Helps very much, exactly what I needed. Thank you!

Doug
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic