SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Scenery and Mission Making Tools
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Instant Scenery 3 - P3D V3.4 - roads

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Instant Scenery 3 - P3D V3.4 - roads
    Posted: April-20-2017 at 9:43am
Hello,

I encounter difficulties to enter roads using Instant Scenery 3.07 in to P3D V3.4 (following instructions on p. 29-23).
The roads show up until I click on the home button to return to the instant scenery main menu. 
I checked if the latest shp2vec is selected, the SRC and BGL files were created.
The drawn road is only visible when selecting the "road_CVX" file using the road draw function of Instant Scenery.
Unfortunately also after a restart of P3D the road is not visible.
I had no problems to enter default and my own objects.

Appreciate your support how to enter roads or make them visible.

ualani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ualani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2017 at 4:20pm
Are you trying to draw it over photoreal scenery?
willig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2017 at 1:23pm
Thanks for feedback.
In fact I started drawing the asphalt road in to the photo real scenery of Switzerland.
I thought the problem could be to the photo real scenery.
Therefore I loaded the Prepar3DDefault scenery (Eglin AFB) and started to draw a road adding it to the former bgl file. But as soon as I click to the <return to editing objects> button the road is gone.

ualani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ualani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2017 at 4:23pm
Photoreal has top priority in the drawing layers and adding roads over it won't work. Stinks, doesn't it?

If you're adding a road to non-photo scenery you have to refresh the scenery library for it to show up after you return to editing objects.
willig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2017 at 4:28pm
Yes. 

Thanks for help and explaining the issue.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic