SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Scenery and Mission Making Tools
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Instant Oject Studio objects are invisible

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hendrik357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Instant Oject Studio objects are invisible
    Posted: December-26-2016 at 2:36pm
I have made a number of objects with Instant Object Studio and on the computer I created them on they show and work just fine. I use these objects for FSX.

The problem: When I transfer the object files to another computer and add them to FSX they will show up in the object list But when I add them to scenery I am building they are invisible.

I use Instant Scenery for adding objects.

Thanks for a place to share such issues.

Dan Culver
hendrik357
ualani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ualani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2017 at 8:31am
Try changing the GUID's and see if they show up on the second computer.
hendrik357 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hendrik357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2017 at 12:55pm
how do I change the GUID?
hendrik357
ualani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ualani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2017 at 10:40am
Let me first ask, what do you use to add your models into a library. (Create the bgl's.) 
FSDiscoverer View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSDiscoverer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2017 at 2:37pm
Do objects show up when you add them with IS3 (and move them with the mouse) and then disappear after you restart FSX, or do they not appear at all?

Did you also copy object textures? If textures are missing, the objects might not show up in the 3D view.

If you add some stock objects to the same scenery file you are building, do they show up?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hendrik357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2017 at 7:59pm
I use the the Instant Object Studio program to build the object and the object is saved to the addon scenery folder along with texture files being saved to the addon scenery texture folder.

The objects will show up in Instant Scenery and I can add them to scenery but they are invisible. I do copy the textures but the objects are invisible.

The stock objects do show up.
hendrik357
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSDiscoverer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2017 at 8:28am
Quote The objects will show up in Instant Scenery and I can add them to scenery but they are invisible

So what do you see when you move the object in Instant Scenery with the mouse before adding it? Do you just see an empty mouse pointer, or does the object briefly show up in the 3D view and move with the mouse pointer, and then disappear after you added it?

ualani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ualani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2017 at 12:08pm
Hendrick,
Send me a PM and I'll see if I can better help you one on one.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hendrik357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2017 at 9:09pm
I just see an empty mouse pointer. The object is invisible.

Thanks for the help and ideas. I will give you a pm but cant get to it till maybe later tomorrow.
hendrik357
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSDiscoverer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2017 at 5:54pm
This is quite strange.

Could you please email me the files you copied to the 2nd PC (the library BGL and the textures)?

Please mail them to: support@fsdiscover.com

I'll check if they work for me and if anything important is missing. Since you are able to add  stock objects, it cannot be a malfunction of IS3.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hendrik357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2017 at 3:27pm
I have sent you an eamil with a file and a screen shot. I can send others if needed.
hendrik357
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSDiscoverer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2017 at 3:39pm
I got your file.

It is missing a texture called "headrfame2 wood texture.bmp"

If I try adding the object without this texture, I get exactly the same result as in the screenshot you sent me.

After I added a texture called "headrfame2 wood texture.bmp" and restarted FSX, the object appeared correctly.

Note that the texture name your object uses had a typo in it - it begins with "headrfame2", not "headframe2". Maybe this typo is the reason why you didn't notice the missing texture on the 2nd PC.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hendrik357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2017 at 4:05pm
I have over come this problem. I created a new scenery folder and added it to the scenery library. All of the objects I created with IOS show up. I have a file the one I sent toyou in an email does show but still only in small pieces.

I have a couple of other issues relating to objects disappearing but will post those in a day or two.
hendrik357

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hendrik357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2017 at 4:07pm
Ok In will look inot that and get back to you. Thanks for the help.
hendrik357

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hendrik357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2017 at 4:21pm
Ok I did find the typeo. I renamed the file to headframe2 wood texture.bmp but the result is still the same. Do I have to go back to IOS and make the change there?

hendrik357

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hendrik357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2017 at 2:15pm
I got it figured out at least partially. I took the headrfame2 texture file and put it in the main texture folder for FSX and it shows up as it should.

Something is not right with my addon scenery folder which is why that file wouldn't show up as it should have until I moved it to a different texture folder.
hendrik357
ualani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ualani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2017 at 3:14pm
By moving it to the main texture folder causes it to show now means that the same texture exists elsewhere in your FS setup. Do a system search and see if you can find it, probably in another library. There may be even more than one of them hiding somewhere else. When you find it, move it to somewhere out of FSX for safe keeping for now. Now put the headrfame2 texture that you moved to your main texture folder back to where you got it from (where it was just before you moved it to the main texture folder) and see if it shows up when you place the object.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hendrik357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2017 at 3:34pm
ok I will do as you have suggested. I will get back to you
hendrik357

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hendrik357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2017 at 4:09pm
I performed a system check and didn't find any other copies of that file in FSX. I also placed it back into the original folder I had it in and the object did,t show up except small parts of it.

Then I placed it back in the main Texture folder of FSX and it showed up as it should.
hendrik357
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSDiscoverer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2017 at 9:36pm
Could it be that you placed a copy of the model library into the main scenery folder? So that you have a duplicate BGL file?

If this is the case, FSX will probably use the BGL file from the main scenery folder, which means it will also only look for textures in the main texture folder.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hendrik357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2017 at 9:50pm
I checked the main scenery fold and there is no duplicate BGL there, As far as I can tell there is only the one that I put in the main texture folder that works. I can.t find any duplicates in FSX.

I will check again tomorrow and get back to you as it is getting late evening here.
hendrik357
ualani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ualani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2017 at 10:05am
This leads me to another question: why are you missing some parts when you move it back to the original folder? Maybe this means that you have the missing texture part(s) hiding somewhere else on your system. How many textures does this object contain  and what are they named?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hendrik357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2017 at 6:21pm
I created this object on my desk top some time ago and then transferred the files to my laptop. When I did so I looked to make sure I did not have any other textures for this object so I am assuming this is the only texture for it. I will do yet some more investigating. I will let you know what I find.

hendrik357

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hendrik357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2017 at 7:12pm
I went back and did another search of the FSX system and can.t find any duplicate files for this object. I am pretty sure this is the only texture for for this object as well. Every time I remove it from the main texture folder and place it in the addon scenery/ texture folder it doesn't appear as it should.
hendrik357

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hendrik357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2017 at 8:07pm
I think I got it figured out, I had a conflict with the Addon Scenery folder. I will give details tomorrow too short on time for now.
hendrik357
ualani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ualani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2017 at 8:31am
And the solution was.....?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hendrik357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2017 at 2:38pm
I had created a scenery with alot of BGL and Texture files which I titled "Area 51 scenery". I placed them in their own folder(with a scenery and texture folder then put them in the Addon Scenery folder and through the Addon Scenery folder I added them to the scenery library.

After some investigation I found while there were no duplicate texture files I did find multiple BGL files (in both the folder I had created and the original Addon Scenery folder).

I noticed an error messeage: "Invalid Remote scenery area 115"
Temporarily I deleted the Addon Scenery folder from the scenery library and created a new Addon Scenery folder which I titled "Addon Scenery folder2". I then took the continence of the "Area 51 scenery" and placed them in the new Addon Scenery folder2 and added it to the scenery Library.

Next I took the "headrfame2 wood texture.bmp" out of the main texture folder and placed it in the Addon Scenery2/texture folder and now that object works as it should.

At this point I am not sure if something was corrupt in the orginal Addon Scenery folder or if it was because I had multiple BGL files. I haven,t added the original Addon Scenery folder back into the scenery library because I,m not sure what the problem was.

Sorry this is such a long explanation but sometimes I am not so good at describing without going the long way around.
hendrik357
ualani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ualani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2017 at 6:54pm
You got the "Invalid Remote scenery area 115" error message because you deleted a bgl from your hard drive before removing or unticking it in your scenery library within FSX. If you put all of your object models into a object single library it would help keep things more tidy and easy to keep track of. Just a thought.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hendrik357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2017 at 8:17pm
Ok this is good advice I will take to heart and do. I don't know what BGL it was I removed and can,t remember when I would have done it. For future reference I will do as you advise.

I have got everything working properly once again and am building some new scenery. Thank you so much for your time and effort to help me overcome these issues.

Instant Object Studio and the Instant cenery programs are wonderful to work with, I'd be lost without them in my scenery building efforts. I am thankful to the fine people who created these program to build with.
hendrik357
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic