SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > EZdok Software
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Installing problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Installing problem
    Posted: September-06-2017 at 9:24am
I have searched my internal drives C and D for any Ezca files and folders but not one found. My POV  and Button 2 (views cycle)  on Saitek yoke system do not work even though there is nothing wrong when they are tested on Windows 10. but do not on work in FSX  It seems there is some conflict but I can't solve it.
I suspect that Ezca may have been the cause originally.

Jam.
Nickbe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nickbe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2017 at 10:15am
Originally posted by jam jam wrote:

I have searched my internal drives C and D for any Ezca files and folders but not one found. My POV  and Button 2 (views cycle)  on Saitek yoke system do not work even though there is nothing wrong when they are tested on Windows 10. but do not on work in FSX  It seems there is some conflict but I can't solve it.
I suspect that Ezca may have been the cause originally.

Jam.

Hi, Jam.
EZCA2 is installed in the folder Program Files (x86)/EZCA2. It is recommended after installation to update it to the latest version 2.5 build 11 (on the forum thread - beta version for P3D4). This version is recommended and works in P3D4, FSX and P3D3. Be sure to run the Configurator (config.exe) after installing the program. After installing a new aircraft in the FlightSim, also always run the Configurator.
Ezdok Camera v.2 Beta-test team   {Sorry for my English. It's not my native language. I really hope that I understand written English.}
jam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2017 at 11:35am
Thank you for your prompt response and valuable information.
Sadly I didn't make myself clearer, Nickbe. I had installed Ezca but it seemed to clash and I was forced to uninstall and clear the decks by uninstalling all Saitek folders and files from my  C.Drive and D drive under the supervision of Logitech technicians.  The Saitek Yoke system was re-installed with recommendation to use a clean boot install procedure. Finally I reinstalled Saitek yoke but the POV and another View button wouldn't work. Everything else in FSX did. My conclusion was that there was still a remnant of Ezca blocking the complete install.  Installing Ezca, as you well know, alters those view buttons and I wanted them to return to default before I tried to re-install Ezca. 

The reason I was looking in both drives to see if I could find any Ezca files which might be preventing the Yoke from installing fully.

I hope that defines my problem. I can't find EZCA2 in Program files(86)

Jam
Nickbe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nickbe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2017 at 2:08am

Thank you for your prompt response and valuable information.
Sadly I didn't make myself clearer, Nickbe. I had installed Ezca but it seemed to clash and I was forced to uninstall and clear the decks by uninstalling all Saitek folders and files from my  C.Drive and D drive under the supervision of Logitech technicians.  The Saitek Yoke system was re-installed with recommendation to use a clean boot install procedure. Finally I reinstalled Saitek yoke but the POV and another View button wouldn't work. Everything else in FSX did. My conclusion was that there was still a remnant of Ezca blocking the complete install.  Installing Ezca, as you well know, alters those view buttons and I wanted them to return to default before I tried to re-install Ezca. 

The reason I was looking in both drives to see if I could find any Ezca files which might be preventing the Yoke from installing fully.

I hope that defines my problem. I can't find EZCA2 in Program files(86)

Jam

Jam,
I think the EZCA installation problem - work-related antivirus in the system.

Simple way to restore the default P3D assignment of controllers (wheels, joysticks, rudder) - delete the file Standart.xml located in folder "\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4(3)\Controls\ ". When you start P3D will create a new file automatically assigning all connected devices.

In the following, after installing EZCA, you must run the Configurator and it will recalibrate the assignment of controllers in P3D to work with EZCA.
Ezdok Camera v.2 Beta-test team   {Sorry for my English. It's not my native language. I really hope that I understand written English.}
jam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2017 at 5:41am
Hello again Nickbe. Thank you for your reply which is very helpful.

On my computer this is what I open to find the Standard.xml:

AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\Controls\Standard.    

I am assuming from your email:

Microsoft=LockheedMartin and FSX=Prepar3Dv4(3).   I am also assuming the "Standard.xml" on my C drive is the file to be deleted. (just to be sure?)

I am also assuming the Configurator is in  EZCA.

So grateful to get some light on this problem.

jam
Nickbe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nickbe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2017 at 5:47am
That's right, in the case of FSX the file standart.xml path as you specified. For a safe experiment you can just rename the file to standart.bak
Configurator EZCA2 located in the folder Program Files (x86)/EZCA2/config.exe
jam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2017 at 6:31am
Thank you for the re-assurance, Nickbe.  This Standard.xml file was modified around the date I installed EZCA.  Am I correct in saying that this file is the one which controls the POV and View ?

jam
Nickbe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nickbe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2017 at 7:40am
All right. In the file standart.xml spells out all of the FSX controls. Ezdok it removes all conflict assignments for joysticks, joke, etc. when you start Config.exe from folder EZCA2.
jam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2017 at 10:33am
Hello Nickbe

I have "Standard" standing on its ownseparated from XML like this:

Standard                              XML  (higher case)

There seems no way to change it to a bak file.

Any suggestions to make it a safe edit?

Alan

Nickbe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nickbe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2017 at 1:51am
You can simply move this file to another location. This is just in case, in the event of any problems when you create a new you can get it back in place.
jam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2017 at 9:57am
Hi Nickbe

Thank you for your reply. Have managed to get the time to follow your advice just now and I removed the Standard file to desktop and started up FSX and it worked just as you said. The POV  and another View button were restored. It did knock off the assignments I added to the Flight Yoke but that's easily put right.
You mentioned the Ezca2 install. I have used EZCA on Windows 7  before the installation of Windows 10 so I need to re-install from the website. Is that re-install Ezca2?

Really appreciate you solving my problem.

Best Wishes

Alan 
Nickbe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nickbe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2017 at 10:38am
Alan, Hi!
All right, You now need to reinstall EZCA2 using the Flight1 wrapper. Then, update EZCA to the latest build of version 2.5. Further, we will discuss the emergence of additional questions :)

Nick.
jam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2017 at 7:35am
Hi Nick
Thank you for your email. I am still trying to understand what went wrong the last time I installed EZCA. The installation went O.K. and the familiar EZCA cockpit appeared but I couldn't get the ADD-ON menu at the left top of screen to appear so couldn't proceed in setting up the cameras.

Looking at the manual which asked to disable the HAT switch (POV?)  I couldn't find it unless it is called something else or is included in the "pan" deletions.

Wasn't clear what Flight 1 wrapper means or how to update version 2.5.

I wish to get it right this time !!

Thank you

Alan

Nickbe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nickbe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2017 at 3:44am

Hi Nick
Thank you for your email. I am still trying to understand what went wrong the last time I installed EZCA. The installation went O.K. and the familiar EZCA cockpit appeared but I couldn't get the ADD-ON menu at the left top of screen to appear so couldn't proceed in setting up the cameras.

Looking at the manual which asked to disable the HAT switch (POV?)  I couldn't find it unless it is called something else or is included in the "pan" deletions.

Wasn't clear what Flight 1 wrapper means or how to update version 2.5.

I wish to get it right this time !!

Thank you

Alan

Alan, Hi!
The F1 wrapper is the installation file that you download from the Flight1 website. It installs the program and carry out the purchase. If the program is already purchased, then there is a possibility to use a previously received key (Click Here to Reinstall). I am away from the computer, so I can answer your question precisely later. Describe the sequence of your actions and I will be able to find a possible error actions.

And I hope you bought the EZCA version 2, because there is no possibility to update the version 1.17/1.18 to version 2.5 for free.
jam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2017 at 7:57am
Thank you Nick.  I bought EZCA some time ago when I was on Windows 7 so i am sure it was not 2.5.  

Alan
Nickbe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nickbe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2017 at 2:11am
The usual way install version 2.0 (Flight1 installer -"Click Here to Reinstall"). Download the update 2.5 buid 11 here
http://www.simforums.com/forums/ezca-2-5-beta-p3d4-p3d3-and-fsx-here_topic58324.html
Replace with files from archive in the folder ProgramFiles(x86)/EZCA2.

After installation you might have to run the Configurator (Config.exe in the folder ProgramFiles(x86)/EZCA2).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic