SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ultimate Terrain and XpressSim Products > Ultimate Terrain And XpressSim Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Install

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wbentel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Install
    Posted: February-13-2018 at 3:59pm
I have had Ultimate Terrain USA and Canada for several years with no issues. I went to Steam FSX and you would think I went to the moon. I cannot install, First it asks ME where to install the data files, how would I know, I can't find that info in the manual? Second I get the message it can't find the config file. I know where it is but don't know how to point the install files there. I  installed using the update program and ran as administrator. One would think flight 1 would have this figured out and done automatically.
quantumleap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2018 at 1:34pm
Are you using the latest UTX V2.x products which support installation into FSX Steam?

If you are using the latest installers, as they handle installation to multiple flightsim platforms which users could have multiple of on their systems, it does the installtion in multiple steps. You would therefore need to identify exactly at which point in the installation you are being asked the various questions i.e. you will need to provide more details.

Next, what config file does it say it cannot find?

Did you uninstall FSX boxed before you installed FSX Steam? If so, this usually ends up failing to correctly clean up Windows registry entries and so causes issues where the system thinks you are in a hybrid FSX boxed and Steam installation when you are not. This is why the automatic installation can fail because of the inconsistent state of the Windows registry for a Steam only install.

Jeff

Check out my aviation photography and digital art at Photisify
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic