SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Software Forums > Flight One Product Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

[In Progress] SKY UNLIMITED P-38

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [In Progress] SKY UNLIMITED P-38
    Posted: April-21-2017 at 12:10am
I recently purchased the sky unlimited p-38. I downloaded it and installed to my FSX program. My computer said the installation was successful. However, when I open FSX, the airplane is not there. I re-installed the airplane several times checking that the installation path was correct. I got the same results. No airplane. I went to the sky unlimited web site and ordered the program directly from them thinking this would solve the problem. IT DID NOT! The same problem exists. When I tried to go to the support page, I  got another search page. it is impossible to E-mail these people. I have paid for 2 of these programs and have nothing to show for it. If you think I'm angry, your right.  Ouch  I even tried to submit a complaint with the better business bureau but sky unlimited lists no location,address or phone number. The site only lists the owner/operator as Jesse Lambert. This guy is something else. He's impossible to contact.  If anyone can help with this situation, I would appreciate it. Cry  Thanks___ Pete
Pete
ubersu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ubersu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2017 at 6:28am
Have you checked the "show all variations" box at the bottom of the FSX aircraft selection screen? Is there a folder for the aircraft in the FSX\simobjects\airplanes folder?

DJ
Pete1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2017 at 11:48am
Hi____ I can't select "all variations" because the airplane is not in FSX. I need to find a way to contact SKY UNLIMITED support. This seems to be impossible but thank you for your reply.  Cry
Pete
Pete1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2017 at 11:51am
There is no p-38 in the sim-objects folder. Confused
Pete
ubersu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ubersu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2017 at 12:44pm
If there is no P-38 entry in the SimObjects\Airplanes folder then the aircraft was not installed in the correct location. What path did you give the installer and did you run the installer from the right click "run as administrator". You can and must select the FSX "show all variations" in the aircraft selection menu regardless of the P-38 or you will not see all aircraft or liveries that you may install.

DJ
Pete1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2017 at 8:52pm
I checked the installation path when I re-installed it again. The path is as follows.  C:\program files\microsoft games\ microsoft flight simulator X. I also removed McAfee from my computer. Smile
Pete
ubersu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ubersu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2017 at 10:41pm
If you installed FSX to the default path it should be C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X - the program files path is only correct if you are running XP or Win7 32bit. If program files is correct then something is blocking the installation.

DJ
Pete1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2017 at 5:13pm
Thanks again for your reply. I noticed the note on the installer about the program (86) folder. I re-installed the airplane with the additional folder hoping it would solve the problem but it didn't. Something else is causing the problem but I can't think of what it might be. I'll keep trying, making sure the program (86) files are included. Confused
Pete
quantumleap View Drop Down
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quantumleap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2017 at 10:44pm
Have you run the installer by right-clicking on it and selecting "Run as administrator"? If you are running on a Windows OS of Vista or newer then you may be running into an issue with its user access control (UAC) which looks to protect things being written into folders like Program Files (whether the x86 version or not).

Jeff

Check out my aviation photography and digital art at Photisify
Pete1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 11:43am
Hi Jeff____ thanks for our reply. I haven't tried that but I will. I was not aware of this particular issue. Smile
Pete
Pete1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 12:10pm
Jeff____ I tried opening with "run as administrator" like you said but it didn't work. Still no airplane in FSX.
Pete
Pete1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 46 minutes ago at 5:49pm
I have received a backup disk and used it to try to install the p-38. I installed it as "administrator" and added the program (86) files. Once again, my computer said the program installed correctly. Once again, when I  opened FSX the airplane was not there. Cry Now I'm really ticked off. I still cannot find a way to contact support at SKY UNLIMITED. I have tried everything I can think of but no success. OuchThumbs Down
Pete
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic