SimForums.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flight One Partner Forums > Fokker 70-100
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked[In Progress] FSX freezes after loading

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
voltigeurramon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote voltigeurramon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [In Progress] FSX freezes after loading
    Posted: February-18-2016 at 11:01am
I bought the Fokker 70/100 yesterday and it looks nice...from the outside. I'm trying to fly tutorial 3 (I guess the numbers "1" and "2" don't exist at Digital Aviation Wink), but FS freezes everytime when I try to load that tutorial flight. I can't do anything with my computer, because I can't move out of FS. I'm running FSX steam edition on Windows 10, with DirectX10 preview mode enabled (using steve's fixer). I also tried updating the Fokker, but still no luck. Is there anything I can do?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote voltigeurramon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2016 at 12:22pm
Maybe I was a bit impatient. After about 5-10 minutes waiting, FSX started to come back to life. The outside view doesn't seem to work that good regarding this issue, but the cockpit view (not the virtual cockpit) seems t be fine. Got another problem now Cry (maybe it's me doing something wrong). I managed to convince the fokker to let me do the tutorial. I'm using a PFPX flightplan instead of the one of the tutorial. the route is slightly different: SIMB1B SIMBA Y700 NENUM T161 PSA PSA1G. When I've entered SIMBa in the FMC flightplan, I select it and go to airways. I then type in "Y700"and insert it. Then I run into a problem. When I want to insert NENUM, FSX freezes up, now I can't do anything again. Tried restarting FSX, but with no luck, it froze again at exactly yhe same point when I try to insert NENUM. What should I do...?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote voltigeurramon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2016 at 12:11pm
FMC was easily solved by running the Fokker on FSX boxed instead of Steam edition. I still have the following problem: I recently got the Digital Aviation Fokker. There's one problem which keeps me away of flying it more often. When I select the Fokker in the aircraft selection menu, FSX takes a while to load everything. When the flight is loaded, FSX seems to be frozen for 5-10 minutes. Usually when I'm taxiing for 1-2 minutes FSX freezes again for 5-10 minutes. This freezing happen again once or twice in flight for about 5-10. I am running FSX on windows 10. I tried asking the Flight1 forums, but no answer yet over there.
Jeff Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2016 at 4:39pm
Hello,

Windows 10 seems to do this with some aircraft. Since the aircraft is not officially supported for use in Windows 10. Your experiences will vary with that operating system and the use of the Fokker.
Keep the Blue Side UP! - Flight1 Sales / Customer Support
Branimir View Drop Down
Intermediate Group
Intermediate Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Branimir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2016 at 1:47am
I have a solution for that freezing at loading. You have a corrupted fsx.cfg file. Open it with notepad and delete ALL paths in thrusted section. I had this problem and when I did it everything is fine.
Branimir Filovski
ADR746

Jeff Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2016 at 3:13pm
voltigeurramon,

Let us know if Branimir's fix works out for you. Thanks Branimir!
Keep the Blue Side UP! - Flight1 Sales / Customer Support
ehmjo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ehmjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2016 at 9:28am
Hi all

I actually uninstalled the great Fokker some time ago, because I couldn't use it in Windows 10.
After reading this solution I installed it again and it seems to make it a smaller problem.
Still not perfect though.

Hoping for an update!

BR

Eric

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote voltigeurramon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2016 at 8:43am
Originally posted by Branimir Branimir wrote:

I have a solution for that freezing at loading. You have a corrupted fsx.cfg file. Open it with notepad and delete ALL paths in thrusted section. I had this problem and when I did it everything is fine.

This did the trick (atleast for now), thanks alot!

Another offtopic question: do you know how to see more through the windshield? I can't see the taxiway and runway, which isn't the best situation. I used to look to the side and then back to the front, but that doesn't  seem to do the trick anymore. Do you all know something about this that I don't? I don't like to go to the outside view.

Ramon
miken5000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miken5000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2016 at 8:55am
I have the same problem in FS2004. I used to run it under XP on a slow machine without issue but under Windows 10 it is hanging constantly. I also cancel all non essential programs running in the backround which helps, but it is still far from perfect
Mike Nicholls
CEO First International Air
VA Financial Systems
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic